Saint Viktor should slam his own ashes into the ground.

Redfeather.6401

Right now, slamming the ashes into the ground is the revenant sliding around on one knee and it looks so sloppy. It also keeps the revenant from doing anything while it's playing out so it just feels like a bad decision to actually end the skill that way instead of canceling it with an action, such as a legend swap.

It would look cooler if Viktor flew down slamming his own ashes into the ground. Poetic. Visually stunning. A lot smoother gameplay. Viktor can be a blue version of the game model Archemorus uses. He can use the vindicators dodge slam animation too. No new assets are needed!

If the game's skill creators want to make using the urn an interruptible action, then I understand why it is the way it is, but I wish it was done differently.

Someone else reviewed the class and said a similar thing. The urn just feels wrong.

The Vindicator - GW2 End of Dragons Revenant Mechanics + Gameplay - YouTube

Edited by Redfeather.6401
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

Viktor being a blue version of Archemorus’s in game sprite would be insanely lore breaking…

Nobody is going to pause the game and freak out that a transparent model has vertexes that don't add up canonically. That's absolutely ridiculous to even bring that up.

• Confused 2

7 hours ago, Redfeather.6401 said:

Nobody is going to pause the game and freak out that a transparent model has vertexes that don't add up canonically. That's absolutely ridiculous to even bring that up.

“Nobody”

nope. I would. So that’s not nobody.  And there are plenty of lore fans that also would. Argument fail. 

And it’s not ridiculous to bring up.  It’s LITERALLY part of the consistency of the world building and lore, which is huge for MMOs and the fantasy genre as a whole. 

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054
  • Confused 2

On 4/7/2022 at 6:27 PM, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

“Nobody”

nope. I would. So that’s not nobody.  And there are plenty of lore fans that also would. Argument fail. 

And it’s not ridiculous to bring up.  It’s LITERALLY part of the consistency of the world building and lore, which is huge for MMOs and the fantasy genre as a whole. 

It isn't even the point of this topic. I find your posts baffling. I see from your post history you need to criticize and complain. So you did it. Now move on from it.

• Confused 2

I've been watching this morning the new Drakania class in BDO and I have to reaffirm in all of my criticism about Vindicator in terms of (robbed, poorly executed) animations and fx. Sadly the amount of grindy randomness in BDO is too much to me, but in terms of how design and execute a new class PA runs in circles around ANet. And that's only about the looks; in terms of performance Vindi is and absolute ballast...

7 hours ago, Redfeather.6401 said:

It isn't even the point of this topic. I find your posts baffling. I see from your post history you need to criticize and complain. So you did it. Now move on from it.

It’s part of your suggestion to show how “easy” it would be for them to do your suggestion. The truth is it’s not as simple as just changing a model’s color because it literally breaks the lore.  St. Viktor did not wear Luxon armor, full stop. Whether or not you care about that is irrelevant because some people do and Anet also generally shows they do, so they’re not going to do something as easy as a simple palette swap for your suggestion meaning your suggestion does actually require more work than you propose. 

As per the rest of your suggestion, it’s unlikely to happen simply because, you said it, they clearly intend for the Urn to have counterplay during the slam animation.  Now is Urn perfectly balanced?  No, I’d say not, but I think it needs more than just an animation and cast time change.  Personally I’m fine with the current animations if they were just to change/buff some of the effects

And I’ll move on if I want to. This is an open forum; sorry you don’t get to control the conversation or who comments on what simply because you don’t agree with what I’ve commented.  You also don’t have to respond to me at all (you’re choosing to).  My initial comment was simply to point out that your suggestion had a flaw in the proposed simplicity of the change that would be weird and lore breaking.  I’m absolutely going to point out when there are people proposing changes that I think are either flawed or bad which is literally the purpose of the forums; to give feedback, suggestions, and debate.  If you want to call that and my post history as “criticizing and complaining” in an attempt to negate my argumentation with an ad hominem you’re welcome to, but that fallacious argument doesn’t change my very short criticism nor is it going to change what suggestions I respond to and how in the future.  And sorry I don’t see all opinions or suggestions as being equally valid or good which is why I (and everyone else on these forums) comment on things in the first place. 

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054