Virtuoso 1h Sword 3 is jank and buggy

Divine Emperor.8173

Anet really needs to do a pass on this ability. As it stands, it's worse than Mirage Thrust and miles worse than Illusionary Leap.

• Damage is good, hitbox is pathetic and rarely connects. Any elevation at all negates the damage portion.
  • Return teleport is distance locked, beyond a certain point you will just teleport backwards at 600 range instead of "return to your starting point". 
  • No buffer on re-activation. This is fine, but you are locked in the dash animation and remain stationary.

Please look into and address these issues, thank you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Responding to your three points:

* Yep, it misses constantly. I've noted this multiple times before, we really need a fix!

* It would be too strong if the back teleport were infinite range so I don't think this will/should be changed.

* I don't mind it so much myself but I know many others do so yeah it should prob have a small 1/4 or 1/2 sec grace period or so.

• Thanks 1

They can always treat it as the Guardians sword skill “Symbol of Blades” and just have us teleport onto the target (or could be ground targeted too) and include some unique effects, maybe also launch blades to enemies in the area? Just to save on the headache and I wouldn’t even need the return to original spot and would be more than happy with an extra charge to it or has reduced cooldown by X amount when you hit a number of enemies in said area.

2 hours ago, Tseison.4659 said:

They can always treat it as the Guardians sword skill “Symbol of Blades” and just have us teleport onto the target (or could be ground targeted too) and include some unique effects, maybe also launch blades to enemies in the area? Just to save on the headache and I wouldn’t even need the return to original spot and would be more than happy with an extra charge to it or has reduced cooldown by X amount when you hit a number of enemies in said area.

The problem is that change makes the skill targeted, which means no more mobility without a target. 

The ranger sword has a leap which works absolutely fine, wonder why mesmer leaps are always so buggy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

The problem is that change makes the skill targeted, which means no more mobility without a target. 

The ranger sword has a leap which works absolutely fine, wonder why mesmer leaps are always so buggy. 

That’s why I put the “or” targeted location 🙂 but yeah I guess the Ranger one would be fine too, though would much prefer a sort of blink/teleport kind of sword attack.

8 hours ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

I'd also add an icd on skill so you don't accidentally double press it. 

Anyway, people have said that since beta 1 and they didn't bother.

Edit: it seems my first point is your third point so nvm. 

Don't agree with the ICD as it mean the clone will likely  have more chances to die in AOE before leap.

23 hours ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

Responding to your three points:

* Yep, it misses constantly. I've noted this multiple times before, we really need a fix!

* It would be too strong if the back teleport were infinite range so I don't think this will/should be changed.

* I don't mind it so much myself but I know many others do so yeah it should prob have a small 1/4 or 1/2 sec grace period or so.

Agreed on all points.

On 4/7/2022 at 9:45 AM, MrGimix.4820 said:

• Return teleport is distance locked, beyond a certain point you will just teleport backwards at 600 range instead of "return to your starting point". 
  •  

The language is a bit misleading but is working as intended, as it should. I suppose they could add an extra 300 range on the return like Infiltrator's Return for Thief Sword 2 (900 range for port -> 1200 range for return) but I am perfectly happy with its current functionality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

I talked about this 7 months ago: why i love mesmer and warrior leaps - YouTube

The solution I came up with is just to copy paste the leap animation from Monarch's Leap on Ranger, which has the same range and everything but hits way way way more consistently.

Mirage sword ambush has the same problem.

Wow amazing difference. Looks like the Mesmer and Warrior leaps are affected by friction while Monarch's Leap isn't.