Rate Usefulness

Verdict is Vengence.6912

[Martial Cadence] -  Soldier's Focus partially recharges all of your equipped weapon skills when activated. Does not recharge burst skills.  Recharge Time Reduced: 3 seconds

From 1 - 10, how would you rate this trait's usefulness?

Personally, the damage I lose going into tactics for this particular trait isn't worth it for me. I rate this trait a 6/10

4 minutes ago, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

[Martial Cadence] -  Soldier's Focus partially recharges all of your equipped weapon skills when activated. Does not recharge burst skills.  Recharge Time Reduced: 3 seconds

From 1 - 10, how would you rate this trait's usefulness?

Personally, the damage I lose going into tactics for this particular trait isn't worth it for me. I rate this trait a 6/10

Eh to be honest. Better now that the governing CD is 10s instead of 15s. It would be better if it affected all allies that Soldier's Focus affects. Since it is independent of Alacrity that would be one way to create a support niche for warrior that isn't shout spam.

If you don't need the sustain from the other two GM traits and you are taking Tactics, then its a fine trait, makes anything with +10s CD effectively a +7s CD. Those +20s CD skills? might as well be 14s CD skills. That isn't mediocre, its just that large swathes of the warrior weapon sets are in serious need of revamping for Martial Cadence to really shine.

6/10 now.
Would be 8/10 if it reduced ally's weapon skills as well

Would be 10/10 if warrior weapons got a large scale refresh and the trait affected allies.

• Like 3

historically it was a combo finisher buff trait that I remember trying it for early versions of condi builds and it wasn't really that good. Then they replaced it with this when they reworked tactics in '19 (aka banner nerf that nobody admits). 

Before all that, for some reason they gave ventari revs alacrity before alacrity was a boon, they turned alacrity from an effect into a boon (around '18) and tactics rework happend a year after in '19 that they gave warriors yet another selfish function that can't compete with the group buffs that share the same grandmaster tier traits. I don't understand anet's decision here. 

So my rating is 4/10, "ok let's try this for 2 hours"

Edited by artharon.9276
  • Like 2

As Lan said, make it AoE effect with a visible thing in your bar. When the warr bursts and it procs, like disenchanment it appears for allies and says "Reduced CD of all skills". Obviously it won't apply to other warrior bursts either. And perhaps keep it so for stuff like FB tomes, toolbelt skills and shatters.

Because if there is no visual indication for people to know, it won't be taken nearly as much as you'd think. Even perma alac (at least in wvw) is not rly regarded that good, because realistically only Renegade can provide it without a great cost (like doing no dmg as a Chrono or losing all the utility the role already has), which is a pretty underwhelming option to herald in 15 and 20+ content. 

Now if you do that and put Shouts on Discipline and banners in tactics, interesting stuff happens. Bladesworn gets nerfed but most other specs get kinda buffed. That is because BsW loses the additional support from tactics or forgets slotting strength if it requires discipline. Many may not like it, but I'd take that nerf to ensure shout viability.

Then you open up the room for combo builds that go for shouts + x, which is either banners, phalanx strength, or martial cadence from tactics. Tactics cannot be the only traitline with a support option because it restricts warrior's support ability. Soldier's Focus should be merged with a Minor master too , to not compete with the warhorn trait which is fine as is. CD reduction on weapons via traits kinda hurts our options imo in all the classes. 

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098

The support offered by the GM tier of Tactics needs to be broken up a little. I do not think that PS and VS will ever not share a tier in the same traitline due to how much FGJ would heal the warrior by should both be able to be taken. That said, Martial Cadence could be moved to another tier of Tactics. Move Soldier's Focus onto the Minor Master. Move Martial Cadence into it's spot (its not powerful enough as a GM trait anyway). Then in the now open GM slot you can put something new. Something like granting more boons when Soldier's Focus procs, things like stab and quickness.

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The support offered by the GM tier of Tactics needs to be broken up a little. I do not think that PS and VS will ever not share a tier in the same traitline due to how much FGJ would heal the warrior by should both be able to be taken. That said, Martial Cadence could be moved to another tier of Tactics. Move Soldier's Focus onto the Minor Master. Move Martial Cadence into it's spot (its not powerful enough as a GM trait anyway). Then in the now open GM slot you can put something new. Something like granting more boons when Soldier's Focus procs, things like stab and quickness.

Maybe even Regen for a potent warr healer that can equip a concentration banner and some vigorous shouts. Boom some more constant pulsing heal via regen.

57 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Maybe even Regen for a potent warr healer that can equip a concentration banner and some vigorous shouts. Boom some more constant pulsing heal via regen.

Maybe. That could be included on Powerful Allies perhaps. Regen is better from other classes though since they can cause it to heal for more. I'd rather the healing aspect of warrior support stay with Soldier's Comfort and VS. That way other forms of support can be pushed on other traits like Martial Cadence.

From a 0 to 0 ? I'd rate it a -1.

Im just not enjoying the gameplay of it and the lack of fluidity. I just see no reason to drop Spb or Berserk to play some manga character that doesnt excel in anything besides healing.

Edited by Caedmon.6798
  • Thanks 1