Ugh, I Moved to Another Region Midway This Season...

And when I tried Qing for ranked, a pop up said that my progress will be reset. I haven't played ranked in a long time so I did placements and about a dozen games. Win rate was about 60%, all solo, half were EoD specs but I did it in EU. 

Now that I'm in NA, after reading about match manipulation and people AFKing trolling, I'm afraid of trying placement games, lol. How is solo ranked like in NA when you come from another region? Will MMR reset too and treat it like a new account? I did some unranked matches here and it seemed alright but I haven't played ranked in NA and don't know what to expect. 

I understand the play styles of various specs, have map awareness but I'm not a pro, heck saying I'm good is stretching it. Been playing since 2012 yet my skills are average. 

I moved to be able to play with someone new to the game. Lol, this was so stupid  of me coz I also belonged to a Charr guild, PvP guild in EU. Any tips, suggestions and advice will help. I feel like a dummy. 

Thanks in advance. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2022 at 4:45 AM, Avatar.3568 said:

EU has a higher population so the matches are better balanced, but you should not worry, na is a wild land with many undiscovered builds 

Can't take it anymore....IM BACK TO EU. Not the same server, here's what funny, servers with super high pop will cost 1800 gems, high pop, 1000 gems and  mid 500 gems. 

Bummer coz I left a high pop server, born and raised. 

I will have to do the placements yet again but I glad to be back. Sorry NA, it was kinda fun, mapchat weird AF but rotations are far more advanced in EU.... besides, I miss being carried ❤️

On 4/13/2022 at 4:48 AM, FrownyClown.8402 said:

If you play between 6-10 est the matches arent bad.

yup noticed that too but when I did placements, ppl were complaining about how long farming for legendaries take instead of strategy. lol. I have nothing bad to say about NA. some nice ppl there but I love the toxicity and of EU. and someone said the statues on the MATs change from time to time and not always same ppl unlike in NA

2 hours ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

Can't take it anymore....IM BACK TO EU. Not the same server, here's what funny, servers with super high pop will cost 1800 gems, high pop, 1000 gems and  mid 500 gems. 

Bummer coz I left a high pop server, born and raised. 

I will have to do the placements yet again but I glad to be back. Sorry NA, it was kinda fun, mapchat weird AF but rotations are far more advanced in EU.... besides, I miss being carried ❤️

Servers only matter for WvW. But i think you already know that...

1 minute ago, greedywholesome.9081 said:

yeah thats why i regret leaving. now im stuck in empty server. I need hero points, man. 

But NA was fun. Interesting map chat lol

just join Arborstone. They are linked with FoW atm... and FoW is always st0nks.

• Thanks 1