İdeas for make to PvP better

Carnage.6751

-Deathmatch mode for variation

-Make to builds and runes changable in home nodes so we can change our builds  for counter enemy team.

-Buffing to vulnerability for counter against bunker teams.

-Adding runes for counter healing.

-Removing downed skills from PvP.They are making to pvp absolute frustratingly bad.

-Removing "win 5 match with this class" achievement from Ascension progression.

• Confused 1

We already have half the things you asking for

Death match: yes , only 2 weeks in between seasons, they could make permanent in unranked

You can already swap builds pre match (unless you get hit)

I dont think buffing vul is a good thing, every non bunker build would just explode

Doom rune, causes poison o  swap (poison causes -33% healing)

The last 2 just wont happen, maybe a no downed mini season or event

• Like 1

You can already swap builds pre match (unless you get hit)

You dont say?Im talking about counter building?What is to point changing build before you don't know build of  enemy team?Maybe they have so much cc and you need stability,maybe they  are so tank you u need vul.

Also doom rune means nothing when enemy team keep spamming heal for days.They have to allow poison aoe in pvp.No wonder Guardians sitting on nodes and keep staying full health.

You should also know Tank meta ruined every game they implemented in.Do you know GOATS meta in Overwatch?Or Dirty Bubble from Smite?Objective base mmorpgs and hero shooters or mobas  game always favors to team with most resistance and survivability.And since we have no death match bunker teams coordinate to teamplay better and just kill  to scattered enemy team one by one

Edited by Carnage.6751
  • Confused 1

All of the above. And additionally;

Increase Gold rewards in Ranked play. Include it as news in a blog update to entice PvE/WvW players to want to give Ranked a try. Maybe they'll enjoy it more than they expected and stick around for further seasons. More population for this mode can only be a good thing at this point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carnage.6751 said:

You dont say?Im talking about counter building?What is to point changing build before you don't know build of  enemy team?

If you dont know what the enemys are playing as soon as you see their Icon.... you are doing something wrong. 

New idea:

Carnage mode.         <---- Players can play with their Pve/WvW gear in this mode. There is no Amulet/Sigil restrictions.

I know a wagonload of people that dont play PvP because their builds simply dont work with the amulets/runes/sigils available in pvp.

9 minutes ago, Carnage.6751 said:

Oh because in this game players can't have different builds.Like there is no class variety.Nice trolling dude

ohh boy 😄 spotted the guy that is relatively new to the spvp scene 😃

This is not trolling. If you reach a certain Elo you will almost 100% know what the enemys are playing by just looking at their icons. Core guard? probably support.Dragonhunter? TrapperDH. Daredevil? probably a power thief. Core thief? P/D conditeef. Core ranger? Probably the valkyrie build. Herald? its the powerherald build. Renegade? Shortbow renegade! Core necro? core condi.     If they are playing anything other then the associated meta build for their profession they are most likely a freekill anyways... that is sadly what spvp has condensed too. There is some exceptions that have 2 viable builds... but that is just... i think soulbeast.. you have a good condi and power build. And maybe Mesmers they can go power and condi aswell... everything other you will know what they are playing straight away.

I am not trolling... i have just played a shitton of games... and so have most people here.

Countering happens... ALOT... because people know EXACTLY what you are playing just from seeing your icon.  I am dead serious.

Edited by Sahne.6950

20 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

ohh boy 😄 spotted the guy that is relatively new to the spvp scene 😃

This is not trolling. If you reach a certain Elo you will almost 100% know what the enemys are playing by just looking at their icons. Core guard? probably support.Dragonhunter? TrapperDH. Daredevil? probably a power thief. Core thief? P/D conditeef. Core ranger? Probably the valkyrie build. Herald? its the powerherald build. Renegade? Shortbow renegade! Core necro? core condi.     If they are playing anything other then the associated meta build for their profession they are most likely a freekill anyways... that is sadly what spvp has condensed too. There is some exceptions that have 2 viable builds... but that is just... i think soulbeast.. you have a good condi and power build. And maybe Mesmers they can go power and condi aswell... everything other you will know what they are playing straight away.

I am not trolling... i have just played a shitton of games... and so have most people here.

Countering happens... ALOT... because people know EXACTLY what you are playing just from seeing your icon.  I am dead serious.

ohh boy 😄 spotted the guy that is bringing nothing but gamekeeping to the spvp scene

You are definitely don't know reality of sPvp its for sure .Nobody changing their core build before match.With this mm its already a gamble either.And after they learn their build doesn't counter to enemy structure İts gg.But when they see  TEAM construction.They can return to base and change to builds.I'm not new in sPvp.Definitely u bringing no costructive criticism either.I'm just bringing ideas for to make PvP better.And you are here "you know just make predict what they are and git gud".Bc People of like u pvp never grows.Changing ur building in home node not a game breaker thing to ask.You are gatekeeping for new players to come.This is not dumbdown do pvp just make increase to quality. Smh

Edited by Carnage.6751
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Carnage.6751 said:

Nobody changing their core build before match.

What!? People infact change their build before the match, depending on the enemys that they are facing... Alot of people will even change their character to counter people on the other side... For example: Basicly any support tempest will hitup the scoreboard and check out if they are facing more condi or more power enemys and will play the fire or the earth version of the build accordingly. If the enemys have a Mesmer you can be sure that some sweaty tryhard changes to his thief to completly deny that poor fellow. have you seriously NEVER experienced this!?

your Idea wouldnt make pvp any better.... you want to turn it even more into a rock-paper-scissor game, where it is all about Countering your opponent with your build.

Imo being able to change the build while the game is still going on will be the single worst thing they can implement into spvp.

Spvp would be all about countering your opponent then.

Not sure how i am gatekeeping new players....

infact your idea will gatekeep new players even more. because THEY as a matter of fact dont know what they are facing, neither do they know what traits/utilites to take to counter the enemy that they just died to. You need a basic understanding of your enemys to change your build accordingly. New players dont have that knowledge.  your accusation is invalid and even backfires buddy..

may i kindly ask you what Rank you currently have, that you have never experienced anyone of your team changing build/ Character to counter someone on the other team.?

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Haha 1

Your idea wouldn't make pvp any better. You want to turn it even more into a rock-paper-scissor game, where it is all about Countering your opponent with your build.That is what Im talking about COUNTERİNG to your team with your build.You are talking about being rock paper scissor.Why you always have to be Paper or scissor? 

Edited by Carnage.6751

12 minutes ago, Carnage.6751 said:

your Idea wouldnt make pvp any better.... you want to turn it even more into a rock-paper-scissor game, where it is all about Countering your opponent with your build.That is what Im talking about COUNTERİNG to your team with your build.You are talking about being rock paper scissor.Why you always have to be Paper or scissor? 

i cant even follow what you are saying here. may i kindly ask you to pay some attention to the grammar. i seriously didnt understand your last 2 posts...

you can believe me or not. Everything that i have just told you is infact happening right before your eyes. People already counter people and change their builds before the match starts. And alot of people think that this is a problem in itself. Some people demand, that you dont see the enemys icons before the match has started, so you can no longer counter.

Yet you are here suggesting that you can change and counter during the match. It is just a bad idea in my opinion. Some people will be really sweaty with differnt buildtemplates at their hand. And others will not change as much. And newer players will change nothing at all, because they simply dont know what traits /utilitys to change, and so on and so forth.  HUUUGE balance problems incoming i tell you. Believe me... the longer you think about it... the worse your idea gets.

I guess we can agree that we dont agree.

Edited by Sahne.6950

3 hours ago, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

All of the above. And additionally;

Increase Gold rewards in Ranked play. Include it as news in a blog update to entice PvE/WvW players to want to give Ranked a try. Maybe they'll enjoy it more than they expected and stick around for further seasons. More population for this mode can only be a good thing at this point.

I think they should just remove bronze rank since you gain an extra 2 pip for being in platinum and 4 for being in legendary (currently 2 players on NA are in it) 

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

What!? People infact change their build before the match, depending on the enemys that they are facing... Alot of people will even change their character to counter people on the other side... have you seriously NEVER experienced this!?

your Idea wouldnt make pvp any better.... you want to turn it even more into a rock-paper-scissor game, where it is all about Countering your opponent with your build.

Imo being able to change the build while the game is still going on will be the single worst thing they can implement into spvp.

Spvp would be all about countering your opponent then.

Not sure how i am gatekeeping new players....

Dude you are in minority for sure .Thank you for opinions but this doesn't bring nothing to table.How changing your build after returning to home node is bad as a decent human being I can't understand your logic. 

But yeah agree to disaggre

Edited by Carnage.6751
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Carnage.6751 said:

How changing your build after returning to home node is bad as a decent human being I can't understand your logic.

That is sad then. I even explained to you how that would lead to balance issues and even more unforseen problems. And i am pretty sure i am not a minority here.

let me list some more problems!

-Addons that provide extra Buildtemplateslots, that are currently allowed,  would give a unfair advantage all of a sudden and have to be forbidden in spvp. how do you controll this? YOU CANT!  The top players would create a specific Template for every meta class that they could probably face and swap the templates accordingly before they engage the fight.

-you are creating a whole new level of complexity to be atleast semi effective. Players need to know every possible counter to builds that theycould be facing. It makes spvps less accessible for people just starting out.

-Alot of classes have to either decide if they want to be effective against power or if they want to take more cleanses. This critical thinking is completly obsolete now because you can simply change on your homenode. Sidenoders that are camping on the homenode will just look what enemy is approaching them, Then select their "CoreValkyrieRanger-Counter" Template from their Addon and there is no way on earth that the enemy will win. The sidenoder can change his build at any time between the fights, and the attacker is stuck with his build. GOOD JOB! you just created a Sidenodecampingmeta.

-Should i continue?

I am pretty sure there soon will be more people that can confirm that i am infact not trying to troll you. People will abuse this to a degree never seen before. Changing while you are dead... we could talk about that maybe... but changing on the homenode... that is just ridicilous.

Do you not see how flawed your suggestion is?

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

That is sad then. I even explained to you how that would lead to balance issues and even more unforseen problems. And i am pretty sure i am not a minority here.

let me list some more problems!

-Addons that provide extra Buildtemplateslots, that are currently allowed,  would give a unfair advantage all of a sudden and have to be forbidden in spvp. The top players would create a specific Template for every enemy that they are about to face and swap the templates before they engage the fight.

-you are creating a whole new level of complexity to be atleast semi effective. Players need to know every possible counter to builds that they are facing. It makes spvps less accessible for people just starting out.

-You now have huge balance issues. Alot of classes have to either decide if they want to be effective against power or if they want to take more cleanses. This thinking is completly obsolete now because you can simply change on your homenode. Sidenoder will just look what enemy is approaching them, Then select their "CoreValkyrieRanger-Counter" Template from their Addon and there is no way on earth that the enemy will win. The sidenoder can change his build at any time, and the attacker is stuck with his build.

-Should i continue?

Do you not see how flawed your suggestion is?

Dude please don't continue.I dropped reading when you already  invent an addon for it.I posted for this so A-net can read and change something in this flawed  PvP.Community already  seeing PvP as a joke.Just bc you disagree this doesn't change to fact.

Goodbye.

23 minutes ago, Carnage.6751 said:

Dude please don't continue.I dropped reading when you already  invent an addon for it.I posted for this so A-net can read and change something in this flawed  PvP.Community already  seeing PvP as a joke.Just bc you disagree this doesn't change to fact.

Goodbye.

There is infact addons that create extra buildtemplates for you... i am using it myself... The fact that you dont even know that there is such addons tells me alot about your overall experience with guildwars! What is it with you? Some people post to share and discuss ideas... you post stuff to have people praise your "glorious" idea. But if people tell you that there is flaws.. you think they are trolling...

alright i seriously tried talking sense here... but you dont want to hear it.

Edited by Sahne.6950

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

New idea:

Carnage mode.         <---- Players can play with their Pve/WvW gear in this mode. There is no Amulet/Sigil restrictions.

I know a wagonload of people that dont play PvP because their builds simply dont work with the amulets/runes/sigils available in pvp.

Also you are the one brought playing with pve gear in this mode Not me so put your name on it.

1 hour ago, Carnage.6751 said:

Also you are the one brought playing with pve gear in this mode Not me so put your name on it.

Are you aware that thats how pvp used to work?

Alot of people have stopped playing spvp when they severly limited the Build diversity with the introduction of Amulets. They then further shrunk the diversity with deleting popular choices. It was a attempt to bring those people back from WvW. Because a lot of them changed to WvW because their builds still work there.

realistically speaking.. you rarely get pve players excited for PvP content. If there is a crowd to draw players from... it is WvW.

Edited by Sahne.6950