Trying to find a strike group is sapping all the fun of this game

10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If new players are just blindly trying to rush into more advanced content solely because they want any optional reward ASAP, then how can they be surprised about not knowing basic/crucial things about the game they apparently just started playing?

During leveling process, probably right before you can enter the first dungeon in the game, it is explained to the players how to access LFG. There's also that "advertise your group" button in there. Any player is already able to "create the rules" for their own group/squad. What exactly is wrong with that?

Let's hide the advance player's LFG listing  , in order to avoid new  people from joining groups with acronyms they don't understand and they get a miserable experience like the OP .

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

Let's hide the advance player's LFG listing  , in order to avoid new  people from joining groups with acronyms they don't understand and they get a miserable experience like the OP

Hide why? If someone doesn't understand what the squad's description means:

a) just don't join in the first place, since the chances are you're not fitting the squad if you don't understand what they're looking for?

b) join and ask? (or don't join and just ask in map chat instead)

c) google 😄 

And that still doesn't change the fact that it is explained how to access LFG while you're leveling up your character and every player can still create their own squad, which for some reason you just ignored again.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

Hide why? If someone doesn't understand what it means:

a) just don't join in the first place?

b) join and ask?

c) google 😄 

And that still doesn't change the fact that it is explained how to access LFG while you're leveling up your character and every player can still create their own squad, which for some reason you just ignored again.

Don't join in  the first place ? Aren't you the one needing more Instance population ?

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Luci.7018 said:

Don't join in  the first place ? Aren't you the one needing more Instance population ?

Hey, can you stop skipping what I write and instead of commenting on 2 words from my post, instead comment on all of it? It's not exactly long, right? If you haave no doubts about your proposed idea here, you should be able to respond to the questions and potential criticism.

b) join and ask?

c) google 😄 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hey, can you stop skipping what I write and instead of commenting on 2 words from my post, instead comment on all of it? It's not exactly long, right?

b) join and ask?

c) google 😄 

Can we talk about the part that they shouldn't join ? I find it more interesting .

Could you elaborate ?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

An modern auto-LFG , would be the easier option .

And people can use the custom/current one , to create better groups

An auto-lfg would be horrible for reasons I've already stated. The current lfg system works amazing and allows players to find exactly what they are looking for. No need to change everything up just because some people want to try and force their way into a group that is asking for experienced players.

2 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

No actually, have no issues at all finding groups. Joining a group looking for experienced players and then complaining about being kicked is silly. You can easily form your own group, ask for help in map chat, or join one of the many chill groups that advertise as welcoming everyone.

5 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

Can we talk about the part that they shouldn't join ? I find it more interesting .

Could you elaborate ?

Oh, I was wondering what else is there to elaborate, but apparently I edited some clarification to that point while you were already responding to it. Here it is:

a) just don't join in the first place, since the chances are you're not fitting the squad if you don't understand what they're looking for?

Now, can you stop trying to dodge that this is not the entirity of what I said and respond also to this (especially to now underlined part on the bottom):

b) join and ask?

c) google 😄 

Since from the way "you' find it so interesting", it seems to me you might be trying to spin what I said into some sort of "don't play the content", while this is clearly (right?) not what I said at all.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

An auto-lfg would be horrible for reasons I've already stated. The current lfg system works amazing and allows players to find exactly what they are looking for. No need to change everything up just because some people want to try and force their way into a group that is asking for experienced players.

No actually, have no issues at all finding groups. Joining a group looking for experienced players and then complaining about being kicked is silly. You can easily form your own group, ask for help in map chat, or join one of the many chill groups that advertise as welcoming everyone.

Maybe WoW and FF14 formula is little better , while we are strangling to gain  instance population ?

I what part of the OP creator , he said he knew that he was joining an experience group . What' better solution to hide and protect both groups , with 2 version of LFG

• Confused 2

Oh, I was wondering what else is there to elaborate, but apparently I edited some clarification to that point while you were already responding to it. Here it is:

Now, can you stop trying to dodge that this is not the entirity of what I said and respond also to this (especially to now underlined part on the bottom):

b) join and ask?

c) google 😄 

Since from the way "you' find it so interesting", it seems to me you might be trying to spin what I said into some sort of "don't play the content", while this is clearly (right?) not what I said at all.

a) Maybe let's hide them from the normal LFG , to avoid these scenarios ?

b) He get kicked , and felt bad 2 times

c) External informations  ? Why not create a more linear mechanic  like an auto LFG , so people don't need to use external information , and the system appoint them to ?

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

a) Maybe let's hide them from the normal LFG , to avoid these scenarios ?

What's the difference, when they can just not be joined by people not fitting the description? At the same time, if they don't understand the specific lingo used there, they can simply ask other players, for example in map chat. That in itself teaches them something, if only the existance of more specialized builds requested in more advanced groups. Hiding that information from them by default, no matter who they are and whether or noth they actually want to learn seems to have no value and is actually halting some of the players from discovering more about that content or the way groups can be structured.

b) He get kicked , and felt bad 2 times

He joined a party he didn't understand what they were looking for. The chances are, if he doesn't understand what the squad wants, it's not him. Isn't it kind of self-explanatory? Not only that, but I also wrote there (apparently I also edited in that part, when you were already initially responding to my post 😜) b) join and ask? (or don't join and just ask in map chat instead)

c) External informations  ? Why not create a more linear mechanic  like an auto LFG , so people don't need to use external information , and the system appoint them to ?

Want to tell me how -for example- OP can find a way to gw2 forum and create a thread, but can't google "gw2 [whatever he doesn't understand]"? Or, as mentioned above, just ask in a map chat ingame?

Notice how you still avoided the part I now specifically asked you to stop avoiding:

What exactly is stopping players from pressing that button that somehow wouldn't stop them from pressing any other "party/squad/guild" button you're proposing in your posts in this thread?

Probably editing this in too late again:

Also feel free to explain how exactly you'd create that "auto lfg" in this game for each of the specific instances.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

Maybe WoW and FF14 formula is little better , while we are strangling to gain  instance population ?

I what part of the OP creator , he said he knew that he was joining an experience group . What' better solution to hide and protect both groups , with 2 version of LFG

You want to further divide the community by introducing a system that will become a breeding ground for bots and trolls just because people don't want to read? I didn't say the OP intentionally joined an experienced group, I stated I'm betting they did join one based off their post, and I also stated that people do intentionally do so as well. If you don't understand the post, either avoid it or ask.

Also, PvE instanced content is in no way struggling to find people.

• Like 2

What's the difference, when they can just not be joined by people not fitting the description? At the same time, if they don't understand the specific lingo used there, they can simply ask other players, for example in map chat. That in itself teaches them something, if only the existance of more specialized builds requested in more advanced groups. Hiding that information from them by default, no matter who they are and whether or noth they actually want to learn seems to have no value and is actually halting some of the players from discovering more about that content or the way groups can be structured.

He joined a party he didn't understand what they were looking for. The chances are, if he doesn't understand what the squad wants, it's not him. Isn't it kind of self-explanatory? Not only that, but I also wrote there (apparently I edited in that part, when you were already initially responding to my post 😜 😞b) join and ask? (or don't join and just ask in map chat instead)

Want to tell me how -for example- OP can find a way to gw2 forum and create a thread, but can't google "gw2 [whatever he doesn't understand]"? Or, as mentioned above, just ask in a map chat ingame?

Notice how you still avoided the part I now specifically asked you to stop avoiding:

a) Hiding the acronyms ,  halt the people ? The will learn as they get better , while the OP was  kicked twice and most likely will never come back

b) Let's create a system that puts you into the correct group , so you don't come that same thing that happened to the OP .

c) So from in-game , you force him to come in the forums and then use the information in-game ? Why not create a more easier and faster with a better LFG system

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

Because this is very very difficult to do in GW2.

In WoW/FF14, you have tank, dps and healer. While you do have some leniency on skill/stat in wow, for the most part you have a baseline on that you can perform your role. As a tank I will always have the relevant tank stats and tank skill so that you can perform the most bare minimal to succeed. Because of this, you can do a simple LFG for tank/dps/healer and people can sign up with whatever they have because at the minimal you can expect them to perform their assigned duties.

This is not going to work in GW2 due to the variety of choices available. There are 4 roles in GW2, alacrity/quickness/healer/dps and sometimes tank. Some of the roles such as healer/alacrity can be combined. There is also no guarantee that when you sign up for say alacrity that person can do their job correctly. You will need to force check if the player has the necessary skills or traits to do alacrity in addition to the correct gear choice. So for example for a quickness harb to do lfg, you need to check if he has the quickness shroud trait and make sure he has quickness potion and that he has enough boon duration for to sustain quickness. This is just for one specialization for one role. How do you propose them to maintain this for everyone? If you do not maintain it and people can just sign up for what they want, then it will falls into the public strike instance very quickly because you cannot ensure the people who sign up for the roles can actually perform them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

You want to further divide the community by introducing a system that will become a breeding ground for bots and trolls just because people don't want to read? I didn't say the OP intentionally joined an experienced group, I stated I'm betting they did join one based off their post, and I also stated that people do intentionally do so as well. If you don't understand the post, either avoid it or ask.

Also, PvE instanced content is in no way struggling to find people.

Before we go in the breeding part and toxicity , we should step back and ask "do we have a population ? "

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, Warscythes.9307 said:

Because this is very very difficult to do in GW2.

In WoW/FF14, you have tank, dps and healer. While you do have some leniency on skill/stat in wow, for the most part you have a baseline on that you can perform your role. As a tank I will always have the relevant tank stats and tank skill so that you can perform the most bare minimal to succeed. Because of this, you can do a simple LFG for tank/dps/healer and people can sign up with whatever they have because at the minimal you can expect them to perform their assigned duties.

This is not going to work in GW2 due to the variety of choices available. There are 4 roles in GW2, alacrity/quickness/healer/dps and sometimes tank. Some of the roles such as healer/alacrity can be combined. There is also no guarantee that when you sign up for say alacrity that person can do their job correctly. You will need to force check if the player has the necessary skills or traits to do alacrity in addition to the correct gear choice. So for example for a quickness harb to do lfg, you need to check if he has the quickness shroud trait and make sure he has quickness potion and that he has enough boon duration for to sustain quickness. This is just for one specialization for one role. How do you propose them to maintain this for everyone? If you do not maintain it and people can just sign up for what they want, then it will falls into the public strike instance very quickly because you cannot ensure the people who sign up for the roles can actually perform them.

In this expanion they are moving away from HoT tank/healer spec and instead the boss 1 hit . They are focusing in all profession to do almost the same thing and giving the same boons and rub ..ress each other .

Each person should be responsible for himself and the group

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Confused 2

a) Hiding the acronyms ,  halt the people ? The will learn as they get better , while the OP was  kicked twice and most likely will never come back

Didn't I already respond to that in the post you've just quoted? If you don't know what acronim means, chances are you are not playing that role. Seems rather obvious? Is there any specific reason you're dodging what I write to just conveniently repeat "OP was kicked"? We don't even know what OP didn't understand because he didn't bother telling us, but apparently you know the full story already?

b) Let's create a system that puts you into the correct group , so you don't come that same thing that happened to the OP .

Elaborate. And I mean elaborate exactly how you'd do that. What is "correect group"? How does that lfg know what you're playing and where you fit to stop you from having that "bad experience"?

And again: What exactly is stopping players from pressing that ("advertise your group") button that somehow wouldn't stop them from pressing any other "party/squad/guild" button you're proposing in your posts in this thread?

c) So from in-game , you force him to come in the forums and then use the information in-game ? Why not create a more easier and faster with a better LFG system

I don't force anyone to do anything. In fact he came here by himself and is the reason this threads exists at all. How are you trying to blame me for something here? 😄

And why are oyu avoiding half of the answer you've quoted, which clearly included: Or, as mentioned above, just ask in a map chat ingame?

Also, it's like 4th times you've completely avoided the fact anyone can already create/advertise their squad/party with any requirements (or lack of them) they want. Can you stop dodging and consistently ignoring at leaast half of what I'm writing to pretend I'm saying something else than I actually do?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Before we go in the breeding part and toxicity , we should step back and ask "do we have a population ? "

Well considering you keep ignoring the fact that they do have the population, I can only concur that you are here to derail the thread and troll at this point. It is perfectly clear why you want an auto-lfg system. 

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

In this expanion they are moving away from HoT tank/healer spec and instead the boss 1 hit . They are focusing in all profession to do almost the same thing and giving the same boons and rub ..ress each other

You are misunderstanding what is happening. They are trying so that every profession CAN do any of the roles, however you still have to build correctly to actually perform them. This is the problem. In WoW/FF14 as long as you have the relevant gear score you are set. Your dps might be worse with wrong talent choice, your stat minmax might be a bit off so your burst rotation sucks a bit but over all you can expect for somebody who sign up as a tank, he can actually tank.

In GW2 this is not the same, for quickness harb to work, you need to check for the 3 things I listed above just for that one specialization and one role. Otherwise I can just jump in there with full soldier armor with no quickness traits/skills and tell people I am quickness. How do you stop that from happening? Check everyone's skills/trait/skill before you allow them to sign up? How do you plan on arranging that? What if when balance happens and you don't need 1 of those 3 things or you now need 4 things? If you don't check, then lfg will be useless because I can't expect people to perform the role they signed up for. 

How do you envision lfg in gw2 to work?

Edited by Warscythes.9307
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Didn't I already respond to that in the post you've just quoted? If you don't know what acronim means, chances are you are not playing that role. Seems rather obvious? Is there any specific reason you're dodging what I write to just conveniently repeat "OP was kicked"? We don't even know what OP didn't understand because he didn't bother telling us, but apparently you know the full story already?

Elaborate. And I mean elaborate exactly how you'd do that. What is "correect group"? How does that lfg know what you're playing and where you fit to stop you from having that "bad experience"?

And again: What exactly is stopping players from pressing that ("advertise your group") button that somehow wouldn't stop them from pressing any other "party/squad/guild" button you're proposing in your posts in this thread?

I don't force anyone to do anything. In fact he came here by himself and is the reason this threads exists at all. How are you trying to blame me for something here? 😄

And why are oyu avoiding half of the answer you've quoted, which clearly included: Or, as mentioned above, just ask in a map chat ingame?

Also, it's like 4th times you've completely avoided the fact anyone can already create/advertise their squad/party with any requirements (or lack of them) they want. Can you stop dodging and consistently ignoring at leaast half of what I'm writing to pretend I'm saying something else than I actually do?

He came here because he had a miserable  experience , like most new people . Not to ask informations as you say .

He wouldn't have this scenario  if a system could check his history(new player) , LI or anything

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, Warscythes.9307 said:

You are misunderstanding what is happening. They are trying so that every profession CAN do any of the roles, however you still have to build correctly to actually perform them. This is the problem. In WoW/FF14 as long as you have the relevant gear score you are set. Your dps might be worse with wrong talent choice, your stat minmax might be a bit off so your burst rotation sucks a bit but over all you can expect for somebody who sign up as a tank, he can actually tank.

In GW2 this is not the same, for quickness harb to work, you need to check for the 3 things I listed above just for that one specialization and one role. Otherwise I can just jump in there with full soldier armor with no quickness traits/skills and tell people I am quickness. How do you stop that from happening? Check everyone's skills/trait/skill before you allow them to sign up? How do you plan on arranging that? What if when balance happens and you don't need 1 of those 3 things or you now need 4 things? If you don't check, then lfg will be useless because I can't expect people to perform the role they signed up for. 

How do you envision lfg in gw2 to work?

People change their traits all the time in Tier3 fractals to meet the needs of the party . Same happened in the start of the PoF Strikes

Even in WoW , you don't  expect players to do 14k dps , it's almost random as here .

How about a Fractal Tier system ? Do 100 dungeons to move to tier2?

Edited by Luci.7018
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, Luci.7018 said:

People change their traits all the time in Tier3 fractals to meet the needs of the party . Same happened in the start of the PoF Strikes

Even in WoW , you don't  expect players to do 14k dps , it's almost random as here .

How about a Fractal Tier system ? Do 100 dungeons to move to tier2?

But what about gear? Trait is easy enough to change but I can't ask people to change their gear out of the blue. What if they don't have it? I can't be in full soldier but with 0 boon duration and be a quickness bot. Not to mention this is very difficult if the person who sign up has no idea what is happening or even what is a quickness bot.

No I don't expect people to do sim dps, however there is a huge discrepancy in good vs bad players in GW2. A good player can do 10 times the damage of a bad player and is not even close. In WoW/FF14, you have a baseline of strength/dex/int whatever so you can always do the role and the difference is nowhere as big. Unless you are suggesting a major revision to how gear work then this is not happening.

Fractal tier system? Like if you beat Fractal 1 100 times as alacrity then you can queue for it? We are talking about new players right. They are not new players after doing it 100 times after which this lfg doesn't apply to them. 

Edited by Warscythes.9307