Achievment bugs fixed after last patch?

I didn't check item 1.

I checked and 2 isn't fixed (for me anyway).

As for item 3, I assume the current low drop rates for saltwater fishing are as intended.

I hope Arenanet have another round of bug fixing and review of the EOD maps, there are a lot of reported problems and I've experienced several of them myself.

1 hour ago, Vaan.3160 said:

Does anybody know if any of the following has been fixed since last patch?

1. Tsunami dodger in Dragons end
  2. Shrine Guardians in Echovald Wilds
  3. Saltwater fishing droprate

1. not fixed.

2, I do not know.

3. I have not heard any information on a fix.

1 hour ago, tmorrow.5189 said:

I didn't check item 1.

I checked and 2 isn't fixed (for me anyway).

As for item 3, I assume the current low drop rates for saltwater fishing are as intended.

I hope Arenanet have another round of bug fixing and review of the EOD maps, there are a lot of reported problems and I've experienced several of them myself.

Fishing for four hours straight and getting only 5 drops, none of which are the one you need? If that's working as intended I would hate to see a bug that makes the drop rates lower than intended.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The first 2 items have had Arenanet responses recognizing the bug and even some early failed attempts as fixing. The 3rd item has not been acknowledged as a bug by Arenanet (as far as I'm aware). Obtaining duplicate fish during fishing is frustrating but not a bug. If you want a change to the drop rate, you might want to try to gather enough like minded people and all post in a single thread to strengthen your case and get Arenanet's attention.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, tmorrow.5189 said:

The first 2 items have had Arenanet responses recognizing the bug and even some early failed attempts as fixing. The 3rd item has not been acknowledged as a bug by Arenanet (as far as I'm aware). Obtaining duplicate fish during fishing is frustrating but not a bug. If you want a change to the drop rate, you might want to try to gather enough like minded people and all post in a single thread to strengthen your case and get Arenanet's attention.

If you had done a search on the forums, you would have noticed at least two saltwater fishing drop rate threads. You also missed the point of my post, which was that *in four hours* I only got a few drops of relevant fish.

You may also have noticed that this thread is another one where the OP is concerned about the drop rate of saltwater fishes.

Edited by Hesione.9412
Added in OP reference.
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Hesione.9412 said:

If you had done a search on the forums, you would have noticed at least two saltwater fishing drop rate threads. You also missed the point of my post, which was that *in four hours* I only got a few drops of relevant fish.

Why should I do a search? I've read those posts and I've created this post over a month ago https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/112568-what-to-expect-from-saltwater-fishing. I'm aware the OP is concerned about the drop rate and Arenanet isn't or they would have fixed it by now.

Edited by tmorrow.5189
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Currently only ONE EoD achievements seem to be unobtainable:

1) Tsunami dodger (in Dragon's End): no kind of dodging or hiding behind the crystals seems to update the progress bar)

Then there are THREE more... difficult achievements to get:

2) Head's up! (in Echovald): the corresponding event chain doesn't spawn on most maps (or only once, at the start of a new map), making waiting on an existing map seemingly pointless

3) Aetherblade Shenaningans (in Seitung Province): there are multiple 'Repel the Aetherblade assault' events (in several locations), but not all count for the achievement, only very specific spawns (making it not unobtainable, but a bit confusing to target the right events)

4) Saltwater Fisher (+ the Avid version): the drop rate of the saltwater fish seems rather low (compared to the other fish), plus (as mentioned in other posts) there is no way to 'target' certain saltwater fish (with bait types and in specific locations)

As someone who aims for all story and open world achievements, these are the ones I noticed.

Edited by Dolce Luce.6529
Managed to get the Head's Up! achievement (lucky spawn on a new map it seems)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1