Bad server linking

Iamnotsure.5271

at this point anet should just merge all the servers, then shard the maps per population for overfill. 

i dont really care who i go against. at the moment theres zero action on tons of servers. wvw is getting mad stale and boring. wont even get into the lack of rewards.

Edited by Odin.6487
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/24/2022 at 8:19 AM, Iamnotsure.5271 said:

Devona's Rest has been paired with Kaineng for over a month, two of the lowest tier and population servers.

We are literally getting rolled over by other servers week after week and our people are quitting WvW.

Why would Anet link two weak servers together and make us the punching bags for others?

pretty sure kn was just linked with bg? and they were t1 in just the last linkup. Did you forget about that? I mean thats when the bandwagoning for kn happened. Now I think everybody bandwagonned to SoS link.

And as long as peeps are paying for xfers, then don't expect alliances anytime soon. Xfers are a gold mine for anet.

Edited by charrboiledeggs.8164

On 4/28/2022 at 1:48 AM, Avatara.1042 said:

Oh?  What happened?  Did he take heaps of people with him?

He basically came to SBI, recruited a sizeable portion of the remaining population that was still left (SBI was already in rough shape before Indo arrived) and within a few months had moved on to DR.  Based on what I've seen of KN/DR when we've faced them in recent weeks, it looks like he's emptied out DR as well.  I truly feel sorry for whatever server he's moved to now.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

He basically came to SBI, recruited a sizeable portion of the remaining population that was still left (SBI was already in rough shape before Indo arrived) and within a few months had moved on to DR.  Based on what I've seen of KN/DR when we've faced them in recent weeks, it looks like he's emptied out DR as well.  I truly feel sorry for whatever server he's moved to now.

He is on SoS now.  People generally do not leave SoS, because it is mainly Oceanic.

• 4 months later...

Fight group gets bored, or stirred up enough hate in a community cause you know they're constantly talking kitten about that community even on streams, or they can't rely on the server to prop them up with ppt anymore, they move, and all their worshippers follow too.

Then the other guilds see the bandwagon, they leave too.

The locust always need more food, they don't care about what they destroy, they have no remorse for it, to them it was just another tuesday.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Fight group gets bored, or stirred up enough hate in a community cause you know they're constantly talking kitten about that community even on streams, or they can't rely on the server to prop them up with ppt anymore, they move, and all their worshippers follow too.

The locust always need more food, they don't care about what they destroy, they have no remorse for it, to them it was just another tuesday.

You forgot the part where people then come to the forum and cry because alliances will ruin the server pride that all the fight groups have.

On 4/28/2022 at 7:48 AM, Avatara.1042 said:

Oh?  What happened?  Did he take heaps of people with him?

the exact term is ''sheep'' are very grateful and generally harmless animals; normally they move in ''herd'' diligently following their shepherd or sometimes only the dog - shepherd is enough.

characteristics : low q.i. - rather low personal ambition - very low personal initiative - inclined to constantly change pasture to graze the evergreen grass - particularly suitable to be transported in large groups.

p.s. naturally ironic and not very salty.😉

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

You forgot the part where people then come to the forum and cry because alliances will ruin the server pride that all the fight groups have.

I'm just sorry I promised not to deal with this kind of topic anymore. so I limit myself to saying that there is no person more deaf, than a person who does not want to hear.

Edited by Mabi black.1824

On 9/22/2022 at 10:41 AM, Xenesis.6389 said:

Including each other xD

It's a recurring pattern whether it was paying a guild to transfer, or seemingly forming an alliance with the latest and greatest. I warned them that they would be abandoned the moment things went south and seemingly best friends now would easily throw you under the bus. As you would think in a game where this is basically no way to enforce an agreement that most aren't worth writing on used toilet paper.

Then again I suppose I cannot blame a group that knows their value and gets paid, as opposed to those with more gold than sense. And as you know your average WvWer has little of either.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480