Which profession is the least useless with a hammer?

Aodlop.1907

On 5/6/2022 at 11:35 AM, Yggranya.5201 said:

A warrior with a hammer says "look at me keeping these mooks CC'd and unable to fight back! Oh yeah, you can't do anything! Hahaha!" as they just ran out of CC skills and the enemies are still standing with about 30% health left.

A warrior with a greatsword (or any non-CC weapon really) says "yeah, that's awesome" as they've just finished killing like ten groups of enemies and are moving to the next group.

greatsword

presses 2... finishes slicing..."hey were did everybody go?"

Edited by Infinity.2876
  • Haha 1

Its kind of sad how hammer has become so obsolete, I was really dissapointed in rev hammer, I was like what the hek is this move set when I first played it, with speed guardian you would think hammer would have allot more potential to.

• 2 weeks later...

Hammer Guardian is pretty strong in PvP, most would argue it's bad but it bursts just as hard under more consistent terms compared GS while providing better utility over some damage loss.

It suits the Valkyrie gameplay very well since Mighty Blow is a singular hit which is easy to consistently guaranteed critical hits on.

Hammer Revenant is in a janky state, no less playable if you're clever but I don't recommend for the faint of heart because it is quite challenging until Anet address it's bugs. As a sustain weapon it is quite decent combined with Staff, it has arguably more to offer with it's 100% projectile finisher in some places. If you truly want to be effective with it, Shiro or Archemorous are a must have for the Quickness of SotM/PT or Scavenger's Burst.

Hammer Warrior is in a weird state of able to do damage but under very specific conditions and Stability hard counters it. Unlike what most say, even if it dealt damage on CC it would still be easily countered by Stability because Fierce Blow relies on the fact that you're stunning people, but again it does hit really hard when you're at it and Rune of Aristocracy really works well with it.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 9:24 PM, Daddy.8125 said:

its gonna be catalyst.

Hammer Catalyst is a Strong PvE build (granted its not the Best Specc in the entire game. but its a strong one and hammers its the Meta setup for catalyst)

and Hammer catalyst is pretty decent in ranked gameplay. Meso and a few others have been using it quite a bit in ranked.

Hammer Cata seems like a decent WvW roamer, too, though it's possible that's partly because it's new and nobody knows how to read your animations.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Scrapper and catalyst, with full celestial catalyst with proper trait and baelfire rune it can solo legendary, and with other set of trait it can do more dps than full power quickness scrapper while having all stats and can give quickness 100%.

Edited by insistent.8369