Proposition to replace Tether to Possession

Roche.7491

Could you elaborate? Do you mean like a physical meld with a player and your skills buff them or something? Because if that's the case it wouldn't all be very useful. For one, unless your skills buff and deal damage to a target you've essentially removed a player from the group. Secondly, I could see this be used to irritate people. Scepter ally attack is already annoying enough and some could see possession as an invasion of personal space or something.

On 5/6/2022 at 11:00 PM, Zacchary.6183 said:

Could you elaborate? Do you mean like a physical meld with a player and your skills buff them or something? Because if that's the case it wouldn't all be very useful. For one, unless your skills buff and deal damage to a target you've essentially removed a player from the group. Secondly, I could see this be used to irritate people. Scepter ally attack is already annoying enough and some could see possession as an invasion of personal space or something.

Yes, a physical meld. Similar to turtle mechanics. 

Edited by Roche.7491

I don't know... could be a fun way to avoid damage.  Can't hit me if I'm in someone else's body. 

Few changes I would make to the suggestion

1. I would use shadow shroud instead of tether

2. You're ally is in full control it there character.  You are only hitching a ride.

3.  You can only cast shadow shroud skills

4.  Running out of shadow force or using dawn's repose returns you to normal

If you're doing anything competitive, other players should be able to target you or counter whatever you're doing to them or for your group. Would you share being Interrupted with your host?

Would you register as a target for any "Number of Targets" modifiers while linked? 

I get that Tether can be weird for some people but that and Rot Wallow Venom allow you blink around solving problems while staying on top of your main tasks while still filling your bags. 

Edited by kash.9213

23 hours ago, Roche.7491 said:

Funny thing, Guild wars already did almost similar what I proposed in the form of specter Scarlet Briar possessing Mai Trin in Aetherblades Strike Mission lol.

I don't feel like Tether needs a change, just pondering the idea.

I haven't done a lot of Strike stuff and don't know the mechanics of that. Would that basically put you into Spectator mode? That's where I see a problem with targeting and countering. If it's mostly about hitching a ride and being able to then focus on your rotations then maybe the current Tether could pull you along, still leaving you targetable for enemies and allies. 

Edited by kash.9213