Afk players in ranked

Koukku.1985

This is really getting annoying. There are afkers left and right in so many games!!!!!!! Do you ever punish someone afking? There's people going afk at 350 - 400 points, there's people going afk after first fight, or after first minute. It's really so kittening annoying! Why join game if you're not going to play? Please do something about this it's a plague............

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, lightstalker.1498 said:

What can they do? What do you suggest? 

Start handing out 1-7 day bans from pvp. 

7 minutes ago, Marxx.5021 said:

Match quality is like zero. Uneven one sited matches wherever you look in ranked. No wonder people go afk. So why "punish" player when anet is to blame for developing PvP into trash mode. 

It's different if you go afk losing 10-400 in points, but people go afk in totally winnable games. It's not rare, actually happens quite often, that you take a beating at the start, then you start turning the game around. Going afk because losing first fight or in otherwise winnable game is just super kitten move. 

Play to win, don't play if you're not playing to win. It's just mind blowing how often 1 guy ruins whole game for 4 other guys when there is absolutely no reason. Some games are hard and you really have to fight to win, going afk you a) don't give yourself chance to win and b) ruin it for your team. There really has to be some kind of action against players afking in matches, it's getting unbearable...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If you want to keep players in the match you have to give more reason than just an unlikely chance to win. There was a game mechanic that kept players in a match even when it was lost. Anet removed that incentive. I think they wanted to make PvP more competitive - reflecting players skill. Anyway nothing of it matters anymore.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Marxx.5021 said:

If you want to keep players in the match you have to give more reason than just an unlikely chance to win. There was a game mechanic that kept players in a match even when it was lost. Anet removed that incentive. I think they wanted to make PvP more competitive - reflecting players skill. Anyway nothing of it matters anymore.

You are missing the point. If you lose first fight or take a beating for couple of minutes, game is not lost, nor is your winning chance "unlikely". Nor if you are 350-400 behind you are not "unlikely" to win. All these three scenarios happened to me today where someone went afk. There should be no extra incentive to play the game you signed up for. If you play you play, if you don't you don't simple as that. You press the join ranked queue and accept a match means you play. The amount of games ruined by little baby players throwing fits for no reason and ruining it for 4 of their team mates is (or SHOULD BE) unacceptable. It's different if situation is 50-400 sure, but I'm not concerned with those situations here.

• Haha 2

AFK-ers are a sign that people only care about the match result. This is obviously bad.

A game shouldn't have to punish its players for not playing. The players should want to play win or lose because the game is fun.

If the game isn't fun .. fix that first!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, coro.3176 said:

AFK-ers are a sign that people only care about the match result. This is obviously bad.

A game shouldn't have to punish its players for not playing. The players should want to play win or lose because the game is fun.

If the game isn't fun .. fix that first!

If the game is not fun, then perhaps don't play it? Why ruin it for 4 (or 9) other people if you're stupid enough to play a game you don't find fun??? Hello common sense?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

They don't even seem to be able to detect multiple players in the match coming from the same IP (multiboxing with themselves on opposite teams). They just have to have one person intelligent enough write that code. They won't. That should tell you something.

I have noticed when I play on na there is more games in 10 where I get a afk, I watched narus stream last night and he spoke on this and explained its more Because of peeps not liking other peeps in their team. And  I can understand.

That as there is 0 value in it being down to throw8ng for a friend on other team this early in the season as u ain't landing top if u need that to win anyways as na top players are just that much above the rest. To stop this we need to just change the mind set on na. Stop fighting over pvp. It don't matter if someone ain't as good as u be nice explain their mistakes and maybe even help them learn.

It's better to loose and see how far from 0 u can get that to quit early because u know u gonna loose as they 250 and u still on 0. Maybe it a challenge for team to not end in 0 set a goal for 10 points then 100. Get as much of a game out of it as possible 

Edited by ladybug.3641
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ladybug.3641 said:

I have noticed when I play on na there is more games in 10 where I get a afk, I watched narus stream last night and he spoke on this and explained its more Because of peeps not liking other peeps in their team. And  I can understand.

That as there is 0 value in it being down to throw8ng for a friend on other team this early in the season as u ain't landing top if u need that to win anyways as na top players are just that much above the rest. To stop this we need to just change the mind set on na. Stop fighting over pvp. It don't matter if someone ain't as good as u be nice explain their mistakes and maybe even help them learn.

It's better to loose and see how far from 0 u can get that to quit early because u know u gonna loose as they 250 and u still on 0. Maybe it a challenge for team to not end in 0 set a goal for 10 points then 100. Get as much of a game out of it as possible 

NA population is small, it's like local town everyone know each other. If someone is labelled bad, he is known as bad forever.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, pukish.5784 said:

NA population is small, it's like local town everyone know each other. If someone is labelled bad, he is known as bad forever.

And that's the sad part. We where all bad once. Buy allot of us where lucky enough to be bad when most where

22 hours ago, lightstalker.1498 said:

I would implement surrender button or even automatically end match when:
-> One team have more than lets say ~150-200+ points than other team.
or
-> When one team have afk player. This should not even start. Sure u are not losing rating but u are thrown into total garbage match and more you try and dont afk longer it takes to end it.

Also its extremely unfair when there is duo on one team usually bunker support like core guard with something like necro. While other doesnt have that. While assembling match composition. Duo query wait until there is an another duo query and put them in match on opposing teams. This does not guarantee both sides gets support but most likely yes.

Btw Im reporting afk players all time over years and nothing really happening to these people, you can see them other day / other week afking in another match.. sad.. there should be proper punishment.

On 5/13/2022 at 11:07 AM, lightstalker.1498 said:

Is there not some kind of participation meter in wvw? Is it that impossible to have something like that in pvp and if you fail to meet the goal you are put on a 5-15 min que ban? Is this just impossible thinking or does it have some kind of sence?