Making new specs stronger is not variety, it is PTW

I see that many companies do it. It is business, but it is not integrity. It is what I "thought" made GW2 different, and if it was ever brought up, that was quickly defended against. Whether it is the new specs, or the most played specs, they are made stronger to attact more players, and if the old specs are weaker, that is one of the definitions for pay to win. What if players buy your new content but feel comfortable with the old style of play, why should they be subject to auto lose if not playing the new designs? Might as well sell a boost into old  classes with the new upgrade and maybe that can help with the bottom line.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

People who buy the game want the new specs to be good. There isnt a secret agenda lol.

I saw last night a d/d side node weaver that carried his team. Ive seen dps scrapper give naru a hard time in an AT yesterday. 

Yes willbender needs a nerf and prob harb as well, but there are plenty of builds that perform fine. My advice is to get out of the mindset the meta is everything. The meta is everything in like the top 10% of pvp

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, FrownyClown.8402 said:

People who buy the game want the new specs to be good. There isnt a secret agenda lol.

I saw last night a d/d side node weaver that carried his team. Ive seen dps scrapper give naru a hard time in an AT yesterday. 

Yes willbender needs a nerf and prob harb as well, but there are plenty of builds that perform fine. My advice is to get out of the mindset the meta is everything. The meta is everything in like the top 10% of pvp

50% true, every build and spec can do decently and probably reach plat if the player has skill and time to invest, maybe except core rev, engi and ele.

This being said it's not fine having specs that reward worst players than you, and things like willbender are stupidly hard carrying bad players to the top when they don't deserve it, and even if you play perfectly and outplay them, 1 mistake cost you everything, they can afford 10 mistakes and get away with it because how busted some specs are.

I'm not a fun of nerfs, I'd rather have buffs to profession that directly counter those overtuned specs, to keep them in control, but this is just utopia and last patch showed it, the devs don't play spvp, they balance out of rumours, years late and with zero sense whatsoever.

If you play willbender and you ever played power herald pre-nerfs you will feel:" how this kitten is even stronger than power herald ever was? And why they hard nerfed power herald then if they released a more busted version of it?". Simple, EoD selling and marketing.

Accept the fact guard and necro are the most played profession of the entire game in every gamemode, with multiple meta builds to be used as well, most played, means more money, they cannot afford to nerf what's bringing them the most money in the game.

If you have a bag of potatoes that insta sell at 100 bucks because it's more yummy than every other potato, would you drop the quality of it making it unhealthy and worse on purpose and selling it for 25 bucks instead? I think not.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Did you see the forums and reddit during the betas and post-launch, OP?

Everyone was giving CMC and ANet absolute hell for making the EoD classes "too weak". Endless complaints, whining and nagging about releasing weak specs and threats from people to not buy the xpac because the especs weren't strong enough.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Aktium.9506 said:

Everyone was giving CMC and ANet absolute hell for making the EoD classes "too weak". Endless complaints, whining and nagging about releasing weak specs and threats from people to not buy the xpac because the especs weren't strong enough.

Those people would have still bought the game, they are on reddit. All they do is make threats and dye their hair purple. The rest of the specs should have been given a uplifting pass when the expansion was released if they wanted to please potential "fresh blood". Now all you got is 4-5 options or a sentence to bronze oblivion if you are a new player. Everything should feel strong.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Aktium.9506 said:

Yup, 100% this. I saw Willbender becoming a powercrept version of Shiro Herald-pre-nerfs a mile away:

The developers just can't ever win.

Edited by XxsdgxX.8109
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mandatory.6590 said:

Those people would have still bought the game, they are on reddit. All they do is make threats and dye their hair purple.

This quote alone has captured my interest and earned my undying support. 🤣

I guess when you really think about it, you're kind of right. It is a bit p2w.

Its usually pretty easy to ignore though because there's always been 1-4 semi-decent core meta builds.

It really only becomes noticeable when those core builds get nerfed either completely at random, or to make the actual target of the nerfs(elite specs) weaker.

I'm pretty sure they do that because they feel like elite specs can have too strong of a synergy with the core specs.

Which could be true, but they don't have to nerf core to fix that, they could just as easily target the elite spec instead.