Why can't we when in combat?

8 hours ago, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

I never said they were weak. I'm saying they are completely unimportant mobs that I don't like being forced to fight or run slowly away from (and kiting more mobs) because of a restriction of my movement. Sometimes I just want to get to where I'm going.

what trash mob at level 80+ dies in 1 or 2 button presses?

what if there's 3+ extra mobs within kiting range that also join the fight?

what if your gear is kind of tanky, so it takes even longer to kill these mobs?

Don't forget the 10+ second cooldown after combat is over before you can mount up. Standing there waiting to play the game certainly is fun.

Are we even playing the same game???

Why not make adjustments to aggro ranges, like has been requested on these forums for years since the PoF launch?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Reborn.1738 said:

How to counter the inconvenience of being knocked off your mount and having to deal with being slowed down:

• Raptor can leap over many obstacles, enemies included. Use your leap ability to avoid mobs.
  • Skimmer's hover ability (I think) brings you out of AoE range, and possibly attack too?
  • Jackal's teleport can be used to move past mobs
  • Roller Beetle goes so fast you won't even see the mobs (unless you lose momentum)
  • Skyscale and Griffin can very easily avoid them by getting in the air
  • Siege Turtle has a break bar and you won't get knocked off easily
  • Siege Turtle has a mastery that gives every mount an HP buff
  • LWS4 has mount masteries that give you temporary HP buff, mount stamina recharge
  • Icebrood Saga has a mastery that gives all your mounts stealth

In the event that you  do get knocked off your mount:

• Glider can be used in combat, so you can leap off a ledge and float away
  • Superspeed/Swiftness skills exist
  • Kill the mobs and mount up, probably quicker than kiting them until they get bored

for me it’s not that I get dismounted. It’s that after i killed a bunch of enemy’s I stay in combat by something and that for 30 seconds long across the map. 
the only time I get dismounted often is with Halloween racing events. 

Or the crown pavi…… under divinity’s reach. Also with racing/raging. 

Edited by titje.2745
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

As much as I don't like it because I play a character that's supposed to be a mounted cavalier but instead I spend too much time walking to be one, I have to accept that it would be stupid if you could do that.

Nevermind the CC or the damage of their combat abilities. Jackal is enough reason.

The ability to spam shield over and over and over again and basically make a whole party unable to die during whatever allows mounts to exist. No more point in playing anything but berserkers, you just have one guy spamming that while everyone else goes full damage and kills bosses fast for almost no risk.

It's already funny when one player helps people in HoT's toxic bacon waypoint by spamming it so healing with the bacon isn't even needed at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

A mount can't instantly teleport you to a safe city to the whole other side of the map.

But it can disengage easier so then you can port away, seems like the result is the same.

Not being able to jump on your mount because a firefly touched you with a feather breaks the flow of movement in the game.

Then don't run into fireflies.

But I know, Arenanet can do no wrong. Every design decision is always perfectly thought out with reason. There's no room for improvement for GW2, as it is a flawless.

That has nothing to do with what I said, at this point that doesn't even qualify to be called a strawman. Being able to freely mount wouldn't make the gw2 better though, it would just make it even easier to avoid... well, everything.

• Confused 1

In MMO's, trash mobs in open world are designed to slow players down, so it sounds like the "feature" you complain about is working as intended.  If you want to blame someone, blame the people that ANet polled who complained that GW2 needed to look more like a traditional MMO.  That research also resulted in the dumbing down of open world mobs in core Tyria to the point they are truly only a slowing factor, devoid of any player engagement worth.  While the open world mobs in the XPac's may be tougher, they are still only noteworthy in numbers.