The New Legendary Weapons

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

True, I'm not exactly sure what all those complaints are about. I think I've initially got around 16k just so I don't have to keep going back to buying/crafting/salvaging while I'm playing, right now I still have more than 10k. Unless the price per note somehow skyrockets and consistently stays much higher than it is, I don't see how this is a huge obstacle. Unless people here wanted the gen 3 weapons with cheaper skins to just obliterate gen 1 and 2 in value, but that's exactly why I don't think these additional legendary skins should be too cheap. 🤷‍♂️

Well it's not free 😂

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Isn't the estimated gold value of a research note something like 50cp?

That's like 50g for 10k notes.

Maybe? Not sure where you got the 50c from. It was around that price for a while but I haven't seen anything that low since they nerfed the potions. Notes ended up at 88c-1s after that.

If you are salvaging ascended weapon drops then it would be 40c-50c but that means 40-50 ascended weapon drops. Might be viable for avid fractal players.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Well it's not free 😂

Maybe? Not sure where you got the 50c from. It was around that price for a while but I haven't seen anything that low since they nerfed the potions. Notes ended up at 88c-1s after that.

If you are salvaging ascended weapon drops then it would be 40c-50c but that means 40-50 ascended weapon drops. Might be viable for avid fractal players.

Looking through some Reddit threads from late (probably pre potion nerf tbh, ~ 22-28th) March. I recall salvaging a fair bit of Exotic chest pieces though at 80 ish silver and getting about 1s/note. Still though if its 1s that is 100s for 100 notes or 1g/100notes, so max 100g for 10k notes on the high side. To me it isn't the notes, as that isn't hard to get, its the summation of it all after they promised that it would not be a material grind. Talking the MC, jade runestones, memories, etc. in total per skin. If it unlocked the whole collection it would be one thing, but this is Grindbrood all over again, which they were rightly lambasted over.

I don't mind an event bound collection for this sort of thing with some initial material cost, but the first material is after all a legendary weapon, so perhaps tone down the material costs for the extra skins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, mythical.6315 said:

This is from Reddit so all credit goes to the two who compiled these.

A single skin requires the following:

Reveal hidden contents

• 10k research notes
  • 10 ambergris
  • 100 spirit shards
  • 350k Karma
  • 200 Jade Runestones
  • 250 Memories of Aurene
  • 5 Mystic Clovers
  • Around 50 Events in Orr maps
  • Defeat Tequatl
  • Defeat Risen High Wizard (currently attack event only)

All skins for a single weapon:

Reveal hidden contents

• 60k research notes
  • 60 ambergris
  • 600 spirit shards
  • 2.1mil Karma
  • 1,200 Jade Runestones
  • 1,500 Memories of Aurene
  • 30 Mystic Clovers

For a full set of skins per Elder Dragon:

Reveal hidden contents

• 160k research notes
  • 160 ambergris
  • 1600 spirit shards
  • 5.6mil Karma
  • 3,200 Jade Runestones
  • 4,000 Memories of Aurene
  • 80 Mystic Clovers

Cost for all skins:

Reveal hidden contents

• 960k research notes
  • 960 ambergris
  • 9,600 spirit shards
  • 33.6mil Karma
  • 19,200 Jade Runestones
  • 24,000 Memories of Aurene
  • 480 Mystic Clovers

What makes this even more ridiculous, other than the hours upon hours of just sitting there for the research notes, is this:

Apparently this isn't tons of resources.

Anet Lying? they'd never do that 😛 

Seriously though those costs though. Yet alone the million notes, 33mil Karma must take years in itself and require you to be farming it and not really spending it anywhere, 10k Spirit shards. 

Essentially, its just a giant flex if you have a skin, a giant "I'm so rich I can waste more materials then you'll ever own" kinda flex And yet Anet called that not a hard thing to do, hah. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 5