Would you change Mesmer blocks?

Sebrent.3625

On 6/22/2022 at 7:39 AM, Ombras.2853 said:

It’s funny to label Scepter 2 useless in PvE, when literally pressing it twice generates a clone almost instantly and it’s a very good opener for any ChronoTank build.

I've never even used Chrono.. its just felt like too much multitasking.

6 hours ago, Dante.1508 said:

I've never even used Chrono.. its just felt like too much multitasking.

Then don’t label a skill “useless” if you didn’t play it. Also, the same thing applies to Sword 4 and its cc, and Sword offhand is a pillar on condi Virtuoso as well.

23 hours ago, Ombras.2853 said:

Then don’t label a skill “useless” if you didn’t play it. Also, the same thing applies to Sword 4 and its cc, and Sword offhand is a pillar on condi Virtuoso as well.

You can use scepters on other mesmer classes and its still useless.

23 hours ago, Ombras.2853 said:

I use dagger torch/pistol on my Virtuoso.. I very much dislike melee in GW2. too much CC.

Edited by Dante.1508

14 minutes ago, Dante.1508 said:

You can use scepters on other mesmer classes and its still useless.

I use dagger torch/pistol on my Virtuoso.. I very much dislike melee in GW2. too much CC.

So, we already confuted that blocks are bad on Mesmer, and we are switching topic. Okay.

First, Scepter can be reworked to function better as pve weapon. But at the time being is a very good pvp weapon, I see no reasoning for doing so. And even if, it would be way more practical to just increase the damage in pve instead of reworking it, if we want to make it more viable for “other specs”. Once again, this has nothing to do with the block on Scepter, it’s about the damage coefficient.

Second, PvE Virtuoso functions strictly better playing with Sword/Focus as offhand weapons. Going Torch/Pistol makes you lose something like 3-4K dps, which is a lot. Unless you’re talking of only Open World, and in that case I don’t understand why bothering, since you can play almost any build (and Focus pull in open world is still one of the most broken skills overall).

13 minutes ago, Ombras.2853 said:

So, we already confuted that blocks are bad on Mesmer, and we are switching topic. Okay.

First, Scepter can be reworked to function better as pve weapon. But at the time being is a very good pvp weapon, I see no reasoning for doing so. And even if, it would be way more practical to just increase the damage in pve instead of reworking it, if we want to make it more viable for “other specs”. Once again, this has nothing to do with the block on Scepter, it’s about the damage coefficient.

Second, PvE Virtuoso functions strictly better playing with Sword/Focus as offhand weapons. Going Torch/Pistol makes you lose something like 3-4K dps, which is a lot. Unless you’re talking of only Open World, and in that case I don’t understand why bothering, since you can play almost any build (and Focus pull in open world is still one of the most broken skills overall).

You lose the 3-4k damage when your being dragged backwards and forwards or downed from getting to close to the overpowered champions in owpve.. while i'm circling him hitting him with my ranged damage the whole time..

I guess i might lose 2k while i'm ressing you.

Edited by Dante.1508

1 minute ago, Dante.1508 said:

You lose the 3-4k damage when your being dragged backwards and forwards or downed from getting to close to the overpowered champions in owpve.. while i'm circling him hitting him with my ranged damage the whole time..

I guess i might lose 2k while i'm ressing you.

…do you realize we are talking about off-hand weapons?

I guess not.