Glancing attacks?

Hello i'm getting confused with the new Expansion, when i attack many enemies so many attacks say glancing? Is this some new gimmick EoD has added or is there something wrong with my characters..

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glancing

A few things i've checked

• I'm level 80 in lv 80 zones obviously..
  • I'm not weakened
  • My weapons are lv 80

Its happening a lot on my Mesmer but i have seen it on other classes.. What is making 70% of my attacks glancing in EoD?

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Nightgunner.2896 said:

Are the enemies you're fighting level 80 or are they higher?

Echovald forest, i believe everything is 80..

17 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

Some enemies have a hidden ability that makes your attacks glance no matter what. Most are not choreographed.

I see as i said a gimmick ability.. great. Can't really win against that.

Edited by Dante.1508
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I didn't pay attention much but this was probably why I ditched power virtuoso during eod exploration and switched to his condi variant it felts like my dagger attack like wet noodles to most of the enemies there especially when they have pulsing protection. Anet must have really hated strike damage.

Edited by ardhikaizecson.3697
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/26/2022 at 5:55 AM, Dante.1508 said:

Its happening a lot on my 👉Mesmer👈 but i have seen it on other classes.. What is making 70% of my attacks glancing in EoD?

Here's your answer. 😉

I honestly think it's a bug or something.

Over the years, they just added nerfs upon existing nerfs, probably no one ever looked at the code if something's messing with something else that's been added, and i wouldn't be surprised that this somehow resulted in bugs.

Cause, yes, i'm noticing this too. Just way too many glancing attacks that should not be happening.

Edited by Veprovina.4876
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Here's your answer. 😉

I honestly think it's a bug or something.

Over the years, they just added nerfs upon existing nerfs, probably no one ever looked at the code if something's messing with something else that's been added, and i wouldn't be surprised that this somehow resulted in bugs.

Cause, yes, i'm noticing this too. Just way too many glancing attacks that should not be happening.

Its actually mostly the Tengu.. Do they have some innate ability.

• Sad 1

Anet hates power builds extremely hard and plans to delete it in a future update so everyone plays condi bunker builds.

Are you sure you arent weakened? most likely the level difference then or another non boon status effect. pretty sure its weakness though since every stupid tengu or aetherblade mob spams it.

a lot of eod mobs spam this together with protection. dont play power builds, play condi bunker builds while watching netflix and doing easily twice the dps while having thrice the effective hp of power builds.

Lots of incredibly balanced builds like firebrand or necro (all of it) dont care about weakness.

Edited by Nephalem.8921
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1