Molten End hitting for 23k+ in WvW?

Sovereign.3825

41 minutes ago, Sovereign.3825 said:

Can't tell you the last time I was hit for 23k+ in WvW, at least a year or more and I play daily.  Just typical expansion imbalance presumably & not that dissimilar from the original Scourge Desert Shroud.

No stealth involved. Blob play.

it's possible, do you remember how many Vulnerability stacks you had? what class were you when you got hit? what armour did you have? Do you know what armour and buffs the Catalyst had as well? what boons did you have? and so on

Edited by Mini Crinny.6190

Seems like you've met a fully glass elementalist stacking all the dmg buffs, while not having any defensive buffs or boons yourself. 

I ran the builds through the build editor and the total dmg of "molten end" and the dragonhunter's "procession of blades", should be similar. The berserker's "arc divider" also has similar dmg potential. The only difference here is that "molten end" is a single hit, so in that sense it can be considered stronger as it can 1-shot, but that also means it'll be easily blocked. 

I don't see what the problem here is. It's a melee skill on the glassiest build and it has similar dmg potential to other classes skills in the same category.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Erenias.6947 said:

The only difference here is that "molten end" is a single hit.

And there you have it in a nutshell, a single hit skill capable of inflicting 115k damage.  Now that's fine if you're going to balance that against other skills in the game, but if not say hello to the new Hammer Train.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Sovereign.3825 said:

And there you have it in a nutshell, a single hit skill capable of inflicting 115k damage.  Now that's fine if you're going to balance that against other skills in the game, but if not say hello to the new Hammer Train.

a hammer train of full glass melee eles?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/1/2022 at 5:01 AM, Sovereign.3825 said:

Lol what? The day anyone would run a train of glass hammer eles pigs will fly😂

Edited by Serephen.3420
Space bar failed me
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Sovereign.3825 said:

You can look it on the wiki, molten end damage is 686 with 1.7 coefficient. Necro greatsword gravedigger have for exemple damage 734 with 1.82 coefficient.  

Btw burning speed with the dagger is stronger than molten end with damage of 734 with 2.0 coefficient and i never saw a dagger train.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm not sure how people can be surprised by this kind of numbers... After all you got quite a few multipliers in catalyst (flame wheel 10%, relentless fire 15%, empowering aura 10%) with inflated stats from elemental empowerment on top of whatever increase core/rune/sigil/food can offer you. If you add Persisiting flame (10%), pyromancer training (10%), vuln (25%) and maybe 250% crit damage you could already bring the multiplier to something close to 600%. Add another traitline wit some focus on damage multipliers and 23+k can be reached.

If someone build for damage why wouldn't this person do some big damage? So it's not a bug or whatever, it's just someone sacrificing everything for that one hit that's devastating enough to make 5 players sorry for being in the way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1