Was there no May Studio Update like for April?

They’ve rarely kept up monthly ones before. It’s just usually whenever they have stuff to announce. I know it looked like monthly ones were going to be a thing, but we have long since accepted communication is irregular.

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 2

It’s a dance we have been through many times before. Best not to expect communication and be pleasantly surprised when something drops. We know the next few months have two festivals, more ls1 (Tuesday) and possibly the new map (I forget if that’s late summer or autumn). 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

What do they need to update you about that hasn't been said already: they're giving us LW1 and are working on Steam release.

Well, to quote from the March 22nd update:
"Moving forward, we’ll be publishing a regular “State of the Game” blog post to keep you informed on the latest development news, address top concerns within the game and the community, and give you an inside look into the studio and the development of Guild Wars 2."

I'd just like to know what they consider to be challenging, or how they decide what is a priority to address, whether that be fixes or updates. Knowing how they go through their own to-do list would help longtime players like myself understand where things are headed. I appreciate that LWS1 is in the process of returning, I think that's massively helpful for the game and for the incoming steam launch, but that's already been happening for 2 months and isn't anything new by this point.

For example, it was nice to see the postmortems of the WvW Betas and the sorts of things they were overcoming. Even just explaining "hey guys these are the types of things we discovered doing X" is nice to know - even for the layman who doesn't know much about the subject. I don't suspect it took that much time to write something like that, especially since it appeared to read as a summary of events that they had already compiled beforehand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, FrigginPaco.4178 said:

I really liked the one we received in April, but I just checked today and didn't see one for May. Did I miss it, or was it not titled in the same manner as the one from April? I had hopes they wouldn't let that momentum slip so soon.

No. Updates are not monthly, they are every two-to-five years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1