As a returning player, what I find to be the gw2 problem.

1 minute ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

Okay so it's not quite you described, but still an interesting video. Thank you!

Well he is avoiding all the damage when he execute the mechanics as stated.

Some mechanics he cant do alone so he dont avoid them and thus take damage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

Can you link me a video of you never taking damage, even once in any sort of fractal? Actually, let's do urban battleground. 

If this is a literal interpretation and an attempt at a "gotcha" then GG you win, we lose? cuz the arrow carts will hit you for negligible amounts of damage always. Because we take 50 chip damage from arrow carts this means vitality and toughness are a must oR eLsE yOu'Ll dIe? If you're actually interested in how to survive using full glass cannon builds only taking superficial damage that you can patch up with your own personal heal here's how.

At start, drop a smoke field and blast stealth or various party stealth skills. Run to the right side of the gate where there's a ravine where you can line of sight the trash mobs. Group them up via line of sight, drop smoke bomb, sandstorm, smoke field, etc blind fields and kill the mobs. Range DPS the oils and siege. Kill dulfy, her autos do trivial amounts of damage. Once past the gate, blast stealth, and stack swiftness to get to the second gate. Burst the gate down and line of sight the group of mobs at the gate around the corner and kill them using blind fields. Stack behind the statue/tree to avoid the ballistas, range pull the mobs to you, again use aoe CC (grav well, focus pull, dragons maw, Warrior mace 5, Mallyx pull etc), blind fields, and reflects to stop the damage as the veteran warriors charge you. Repeat until all the mobs are dead. Use stability on the rev or heal mech to kill the siege. While the ritual is charging, go around burst the mobs and mitigate via CC and blind fields. When the boss spawns, DPS without breaking the bar to 25% since his autos do trivial damage until then. Break the bar at 25% burst the rest to not deal with fiery great sword.

This is literally how this fractal was done at T4 before HoT introduced healers and fractal potions and people had no issues with it running full zerkers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well he is avoiding all the damage when he execute the mechanics as stated.

Some mechanics he cant do alone so he dont avoid them and thus take damage.

Don't say "all damage" when he's clearly taking damage, he also takes damage from adds, his barrier is masking all the times he takes damage. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Shikaru.7618 said:

If this is a literal interpretation and an attempt at a "gotcha" then GG you win, we lose? cuz the arrow carts will hit you for negligible amounts of damage always. Because we take 50 chip damage from arrow carts this means vitality and toughness are a must oR eLsE yOu'Ll dIe? If you're actually interested in how to survive using full glass cannon builds only taking superficial damage that you can patch up with your own personal heal here's how.

This is not how he initially described it. Glad to know I'm playing correctly. XD

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

Don't say "all damage" when he's clearly taking damage, he also takes damage from adds, his barrier is masking all the times he takes damage. 

Well guess I should have been more specific and said all the damage the mechanics inflict.

I thought that was implied since your aegis can only block 1 hit aswell and not all of it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Firebeard.1746 said:

Okay so it's not quite you described, but still an interesting video. Thank you!

EDIT2: He's also totally taking damage from adds. His DPS is crap, there's periods he's doing less thank 10k in full viper's. I assume he's taking survivability traits that normal players wouldn't appreciate.

Basically I'm tired of people saying "Just dodge" and the encounters are far more complicated than that (nor are there usually enough dodges to get out of everything). 

"Just dodge" is all inclusive of, use your dodges, side step, position well so you don't need to dodge in the first place, use your special action key to invuln stuff, and use your mobility skills to get out of harms way. Dps is crap because he has no boons...he's solo. Go on the golem with no boons no vuln and see how much solo dps you can pull off. He's not getting hit by major boss mechanics but if he was, it would be strictly human error and not part of the design of the fight to take that hit. Either way toughness and vitality in a team setting is still useless. (As a dps)

Edited by Shikaru.7618
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Shikaru.7618 said:

This is literally how this fractal was done at T4 before HoT introduced healers and fractal potions and people had no issues with it running full zerkers.

Really? And i thought everyone was doing the same most pugs i happened to run with did - run to the gate, die and respawn until cleared.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Really? And i thought everyone was doing the same most pugs i happened to run with did - run to the gate, die and respawn until cleared.

Must suck to not know how to use blinds and reflects. Why people would choose not not use 10 seconds of party pseudo invincibility is beyond me.

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Perhaps they're running rangers and necros.

Corrosive poison cloud, well of darkness, whirling defense. Ranger blinds arent great but you have sand lion and go for the eyes if youre stacking rangers. Shorter in duration sure, but you have 5 people in your party to stack these effects sequentially.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Shikaru.7618 said:

Corrosive poison cloud, well of darkness, whirling defense. Ranger blinds arent great but you have sand lion and go for the eyes if youre stacking rangers. Shorter in duration sure, but you have 5 people in your party to stack these effects sequentially.

You're talking about organized groups solutions. I am talking about random pug groups. Those are two different worlds.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You're talking about organized groups solutions. I am talking about random pug groups. Those are two different worlds.

Didn't take any coordination. I joined pugs and just used my eyes. You can see on the ground what blind fields are there. If you dont see one drop your own. Even if you layer them, trash mobs die so fast in the old fractals with 5 dps that it won't matter.

• Confused 1

Hello author from an elitist and I believe that the topic was created solely for whining, as well as for extortion of soothing comments.

If there was a time limit, a ban on the addition during the passage, and so on, then all claims would be justified. And so it's just whining, the meaning of which is for the administration to force players to better drag worse players without a choice

When I'm bored, I go to help beginners and am ready to lose and explain over and over again what is wrong and how to win. By the way, even so I stumble upon tantrums and departures by slamming the door.

But when I just need to finish a fractal and get a reward without 18 hour tryhards. I left and will leave groups that somehow miraculously managed to reach t4 without knowing and not being able to do anything at all. for everything else there is an ignore list without obligation to leave the group

• Like 1
  • Confused 1