Looking for the complete truth.

If they bothered to make another map under the designs of alpines or ebg most people would like it. 🤷‍♂️

I don't outright hate desert, I just hate the stuff that make it irritating, like a 1inch misalignment of end ramps that even your mount can't simple run over, you need jump to get past, or impassable roots sticking out in "well travelled" areas of the map, it's not fun fighting and worrying about every rock or root sticking out(yes those exist in alpine and ebg but to a much lesser extent), or how 90% of the objectives siege are practically useless, or that none of the objectives are connected or so useless you'd back cap instead of defend if you can even reach it in time. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

If they bothered to make another map under the designs of alpines or ebg most people would like it. 🤷‍♂️

I don't outright hate desert, I just hate the stuff that make it irritating, like a 1inch misalignment of end ramps that even your mount can't simple run over, you need jump to get past, or impassable roots sticking out in "well travelled" areas of the map, it's not fun fighting and worrying about every rock or root sticking out(yes those exist in alpine and ebg but to a much lesser extent), or how 90% of the objectives siege are practically useless, or that none of the objectives are connected or so useless you'd back cap instead of defend if you can even reach it in time. 🤷‍♂️

Honestly, I would even just want to see them reskin both alpine and EbG.  And I know it wouldn’t be that simple.  

But don’t start from scratch.  Put in a new look, and rotate them every 3 months to freshen stuff up.  Essentially two reskinned maps that apply to the 3 home bls and EbG.  Then after three months, go back to the current alpine and EbG.

prevents from having functional differences in the maps.  Hell, even keep the keep lords from desert.  

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Honestly, I would even just want to see them reskin both alpine and EbG.  And I know it wouldn’t be that simple.  

But don’t start from scratch.  Put in a new look, and rotate them every 3 months to freshen stuff up.  Essentially two reskinned maps that apply to the 3 home bls and EbG.  Then after three months, go back to the current alpine and EbG.

prevents from having functional differences in the maps.  Hell, even keep the keep lords from desert.  

Same, basically seasonal maps. A lot of players want completely different maps, but I don't mind having different looking versions of current maps. Like take alpines and completely cover it in snow like frostgorge, or grow up tall trees around the map to make it like auric basin(they actually should have done this with HoT instead).

But well, we know their art team is busy with more important stuff so... 🤷‍♂️

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I think the novelty of a reskinned map could wear off in maybe, ten-twenty minutes. Once you travel on an old lane or take a look around and realize it still feels the same. That's aside from the inherent problems with WvW that could mute the excitement of a little more snow around a tower during x-mas.

The great part of WvW is it's community.  The fun part of WvW is seeing the builds we've thought out and crafted be effective and to feel how all sides of the fight respond to it. Everything else that's fun or engaging about the game is elswhere. Exploration, a lived in game world, options for activity (taking camps one night instead of zerging isn't quite the same thing), game character and world building story telling, excellent music, boats, having enough water for boats, and roller beetles and raptors to name a few things a slightly adjusted map still wont have. 

• Confused 1

You're a suit; part of your job is to identify the best possibilities for growth.  Do you

(a) invest time and money into projects to improve wvw or

(b) invest time and money into projects to pull-in the WOW-diaspora?

It's really that simple.  There's a large pool of WOW refugees.  Go get'em.

-Jeff

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, jaif.3518 said:

You're a suit; part of your job is to identify the best possibilities for growth.  Do you

(a) invest time and money into projects to improve wvw or

(b) invest time and money into projects to pull-in the WOW-diaspora?

It's really that simple.  There's a large pool of WOW refugees.  Go get'em.

-Jeff

It really is that simple, they didn't even invest in wvw at it's height why would they at any other point, even in it's cornerstone era!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/7/2022 at 1:09 PM, Crazy.6029 said:

The other thing that I was wondering about is the balance. Why isn't there a clear communication about the balance direction? Example, a lot of people do not like the overabundance of boon sharing and there are a lot of those that don't like the amount of condition application in the game, so why isn't there more communication about the direction of the balance? Just something to let players know, like, Anet says, " we love boon sharing and are happy how it is" or " we like condition damage and would even like to put more in", just something that would tell what there vision is and then it would be nice if they looked for feedback from the players too. Anyway, I just was seriously wondering and It would be absolutely awesome, if somebody from Anet would respond to this thread.

They couldn't string along a lot of people if they flat out said "We are designing the game for boonball discord gameplay".

• Like 2
  • Sad 1