If ANet really wants to bring dungeons back to life...

Disclaimer: I have the Dungeon Master achievement, so I have done all the dungeons, all the paths. I am NOT a regular dungeon runner; I only do dungeons for dailies, when I need a specific thing,  or when a guildmate asks for help, because the rewards just aren't worth it relative to other things I could be doing with my game time.

So, with that said: I think that if ANet wants to bring dungeons back to life, the single best thing ANet could do would be to have the sets, runes et al from the dungeon vendor actually drop in their respective dungeons with a reasonable drop rate. Maybe even give the end boss a guaranteed drop of one superior rune/sigil or set piece. That way you can run dungeons knowing you'll get something worthwhile for your time, and you can use the dungeon currency you accumulate to buy those last few frustrating pieces that just won't drop (we've all been there).

Thoughts?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, Wolfb.7025 said:

Funny thing is that anet wasn't even intending to bring dungeons back to life, they just compressed 8 dungeon currency into 2 just because it was basically forgotten content and hence the first useless thing to get rid of from the wallet.

And then they put an unreasonable barrier for unlocking access to the merchants to make sure Dungeons are even less attractive than they already are.

If reducing Wallet entries had been their real goal, they wouldn't have put the path completion requirements on the merchants.

Edited by Fueki.4753

12 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

And then they put an unreasonable barrier for unlocking access to the merchants to make sure Dungeons are even less attractive than they already are.

If reducing Wallet entries had been their real goal, they wouldn't have put the path completion requirements on the merchants.

I'm still hoping they'll see sense and get rid of the vendor lock. I really lost some faith in their team with that one. It was like this painful little reminder of how no live service game is ever truly safe from people coming in and making clumsy changes. And the longer it goes on, the greater the odds of someone who wants to "freshen things up" to "boldly increase revenue and player count" being given a little bit too much power and a little too little oversight; eyes stuck on grass is greener vision that loses sight of who is currently keeping their game alive and (more importantly) who has the most consistently over the years.

• Like 3

If they really want to make them relevant then created an overworld legendary set and make all the dungeons part of the journey to collect and achieve it , as well as world boss achievements even throw in JPs and meta events make it a real around the world and back journey. Im not saying give this leggy set any special look it could be a potato sack for all i care, the QoL of the armory is the most important part of the leggy. So make a long long world journey were you have to collect from dungeon bosses world bosses meta events all over , you have to do specific achievements related to boss fights, and portals cant be used for JP cheeves for the leggy. That would make for a pretty good journey around the world.

Edited by Artemis.8034
  • Thanks 1

Removing the per character dungeon unlock would be my easiest request.

Too many alts, too little care to re-run explorable on whichever is my flavor of the month.

Treat dungeons like any other content, if you've done it once, it's unlocked for the account.

• Like 2