MH Axe Stats

ShazaM.2583

New ranger main here. Needed something new, liking how ranger plays rn, but had a build question for all you vets out there:

I really like how MH axe plays, just feels really good to run around with. I want to make the most of that play style, but Im struggling to decide what stats to go with. Which stats make the most of axe? Have druid and untamed unlocked,  and mostly play open world so open to pretty much any stat suggestions for stats for an axe build within those specs.

Cheers all!

Edited by ShazaM.2583

The best spec for mh axe is Soulbeast imo, with either power or condi/hybrid. Both works equally well. If that's not an option, i'd go power Untamed, tho lack of hard cc on axe mh isn't optimal. But you can alwys pair it with offhand axe and hammer to take advantage of Untamed's Fervent Force trait.

20 hours ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

If that's not an option, i'd go power Untamed, tho lack of hard cc on axe mh isn't optimal. But you can alwys pair it with offhand axe and hammer to take advantage of Untamed's Fervent Force trait.

Unless you really wanna use the hammer and cantrips, you might as well go core MM/Skirm/BM.

If he's new on ranger, starting off with core is probably for the best anyway.

8 hours ago, Lazze.9870 said:

Unless you really wanna use the hammer and cantrips, you might as well go core MM/Skirm/BM.

If he's new on ranger, starting off with core is probably for the best anyway.

Core ranger is bad in PvE. Even worse when it is core power. Once some elite specs are unlocked there is no real reason to play core.

• Like 2

For safe options...

If condi, Trailblazer..  

If power, Marauder...but you better be stacking might with this setup.  If you are using MH axe with power and not might stacking you are wasting a good portion of use.

Also, I kinda agree core is your best option here if new.  Druid mechanically has little place in open world and Untamed is pretty complicated for the value you get.  That'd lead to Soulbeast--which you don't have...so just go core.  Someting like Sk/BM/NM, trait axes, and try to keep your might as high as you can (i.e. some amount of boon duration).  

On 6/14/2022 at 10:47 PM, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Core ranger is bad in PvE. Even worse when it is core power. Once some elite specs are unlocked there is no real reason to play core.

Doesn't matter. If he's new to ranger and don't want to dive into the specific utility untamed brings, there isn't a huge reason to play it over core besides the 25 % damage modifier from just existing (which doesn't promote any of the new utility untamed comes with anyway). If damage is a concern, you go ahead and unlock soulbeast, learning the core class while at it.

Making the most out of an axe build is to play core and unlock soulbeast as quickly as possible, whether that is condi, power or hybrid.

Edited by Lazze.9870

MX axe and GS are without doubt the best ranger weapons, can be played in every game mode using any stats (depending on gameplay choices). You are bound to be a threat/addition while using at least one of the two, every ranger should have legendary axe/GS no questions asked.....you simply can't go wrong with axe/gs

On 6/12/2022 at 11:13 PM, ShazaM.2583 said:

New ranger main here. Needed something new, liking how ranger plays rn, but had a build question for all you vets out there:

I really like how MH axe plays, just feels really good to run around with. I want to make the most of that play style, but Im struggling to decide what stats to go with. Which stats make the most of axe? Have druid and untamed unlocked,  and mostly play open world so open to pretty much any stat suggestions for stats for an axe build within those specs.

Cheers all!

There's a bit of an issue in what your asking because it depends on your build. Axe is a hybrid weapon so it can be power, condi, or even a mix of both. Further it's also used on the raiding druid healing build with Harriers.