[Bug] Multiple Mount Skins With Mount-Up Lag [Resolved]

12 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

There are skins that have zero issues with it, even though they aren't anything less detailed than the ones that take forever to load, so my assumption stands that this is an innate issue programmed into the skin model.

Yeah, none of the new Canthan raptor skins (to my knowledge) have the mount-up lag, nor do the Canthan fox jackals, Cuckoo springers, or Canthan warclaws -- all of which are about as detailed as the skyscales are.

(As for the turtle chair, maybe it has something to do with how it's able to move as opposed to most chairs? but then it should be affecting any other chair skin that can move around as well. 🤔)

Edited by Giovanelli.6071
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Giovanelli.6071 said:

Yeah, none of the new Canthan raptor skins (to my knowledge) have the mount-up lag, nor do the Canthan fox jackals, Cuckoo springers, or Canthan warclaws -- all of which are about as detailed as the skyscales are.

(As for the turtle chair, maybe it has something to do with how it's able to move as opposed to most chairs? but then it should be affecting any other chair skin that can move around as well. 🤔)

The new Canthan Tigris Griffon skins have no issues either. I wonder (and I have no idea if this is how it works or not, I'm not a video game programmer, nor do I have any knowledge of it, This is just a shot in the dark) if maybe the reason all of the new Skyscale skins don't work right is that maybe they used the Lunar Maned skyscale skin as a base and worked from there to create the new Canthan Skyscale skins? Since the Lunar Maned one is the first Skyscale to have these issues (unless it was the bearded dragon. Not sure which came first).

As for the turtle chair, good to know that it's not just me that's affected. And yesterday I was using the chair while waiting for the wb Golem Mark II and only had a small delay when mounting up, like Ashantara mentioned, and didn't get stuck in the ground. So it's not a consistent bug, considering how many other people were waiting with me. 

Hi there!

Im sad to be here because its first time I have a problem with a skin. In my case its the Lunar Maned Skyscale. I already own some heavy modificated skins like the Shimmerwing Skyscale Skin for the skyscale, Tigris griffin and marauder warclaw (i said heavy modificated because they change the base model of the mount or thats what I understand they do).

The problem is exactly what other people have said, its load time is high and in maps or events with high textures or high population it takes sometimes to let this skin loaded. This makes the skin and mount kinda not able to use.

I didnt know about this problem and Im really sad that I cant enjoy the skin I just bought as I would like to,. Also im very very very surprised that the Cantha Dragons Bundle for the skyscale is suffering the same problem, I almost decided to buy them and now im very happy I did not.

But the thing is ... I have read all the post and looks like this problem is been around for a year and there is not respond from anet. That makes me sad and also now im afraid about buying more mounts skin, How can I be sure the next one is not gonna have this "render textures long load" problem ?

I really hope arenanet at least say something about...

Edited by Rubymoon.9470
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

39 minutes ago, Giovanelli.6071 said:

@Chuck.7054aye, I've had the issue since the Lunar Maned was released -- I do think I'll actually send an in-game bug ticket about it, unless the devs have actually taken notice of the thread and just haven't commented about it 😕

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1006586639306461255/1019068307611078736/unknown.png?width=1120&height=630

I have sent it, they should take this more seriously.

Edited by Chuck.7054

14 hours ago, Durbog.6875 said:

Can anet fix this bug? Because its really annoying

I got warned for bumping this thread, I guess we as thoose who bought theese skins are quite the minority here. Anet rather silence the issue and keep selling theese skins(luanr maned skyscale skin is still on the shelf) than actually fixing it which does make financial sense.

• Sad 1

I, unfortunately, have to add yet another mount to the list of skins with mount-up lag issues: the Crested Dragon turtle skin. It's incredible (and a bit disheartening) that I can't be excited for new skins anymore because of the potential that it has this issue. 😕

Edited by Giovanelli.6071
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, NovaleePhoenix.1259 said:

Thanks for letting us know, as I was really tempted to get it. Now I think I will wait, see if anet finally fixes it. It is heartening to have finally had an official response to this from the staff.

Yup! It's a gorgeous skin, I do love it, but much like the others, I am definitely not going to be using it on any crowded maps or metas lol

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 2:09 AM, Double Tap said:

Hello! We're aware of this bug and investigating its cause. In the meantime, please let us know via this thread if any mount skins other than those listed in the original post are affected by this bug!

Thank you!

I dunno if this will help:

I have experienced the bug on the Lunar-Maned Skyscale skin from my old computer (Win7, HDD). After my upgrade to Win10 and SSD, I've never encountered the bug again. 

Edit:

Experienced the bug on both DX9 and DX11 in my old PC.

Edited by borgs.6103

I been confused by this since patch; my Auspicious Pixiu Skyscale is basically unuseable entirely upon changing zones and was getting really annoying during Leviathan hunt. It's pretty much not useable till 10-30 seconds pass after entering the zone, otherwise it just mounts me onto invisible skyscale and I can't move. I have skins for other mounts that work fine.

6 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Here is another candidate: the Royal Anubis Jackal.

Edit: Okay, has been listed above already. Sorry. 🙂

lol you're fine! It's weird too, cus that's the only jackal skin (that I can recall) that also has the lag? None of the new ones do it, and the Anubis skin used to not have the lag either, at first, but somewhere down the line, it started lagging. Very strange.

12 hours ago, Giovanelli.6071 said:

and the Anubis skin used to not have the lag either, at first, but somewhere down the line, it started lagging. Very strange.

That is true! I just noticed last night when playing a character that I hadn't played in a while and who is the only one using said skin.

Now I really wonder what is causing this if it is not an innate issue with the respective skin.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1

It's rather galling that ANet's basically ignored this bug ever since the release of the first skin to be affected by it, AND have proceeded to make more cosmetics that replicate it. They release beautiful, and thus pricey, mount skins so people would shill out their resources, be it irl money or time invested in farming up gold for the gem conversion, for them, and then not move a toe to make sure people would be able to reliably use them? To date, the only method I know to be able to use them with little issue... is by having a PC rig beefy enough to instantaneously load maps, and even THEN there's a delay before the skins load in. People should not need to build entire high-end professional gamer-grade computer towers to be able to use a mount skin, of all things.

Dear ANet, you seem to be on a slight roll of fixing old long-standing bugs this year. Might we, your player-base, hope that this one will also be added to the list?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

From todays patch notes: 

• Fixed an issue in which using some mount skins could cause the player to get visually stuck in place.

Just checked and looks like this fixed it. At least so far it has worked for Aurora Blessed Noble skin, loads up the base model/skin until the skin loads instead of being stuck!

Edited by Joswi.2635
Checked in game
  • Like 1

Yes, I saw!! I was finally able to log on a minute ago after being busy all morning and I can confirm that all of the mounts that had the issue are now fixed! They show the proper default model instead of just hanging invisible in space until the skin actually loads in.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU @Double Tapfor finally getting this issue looked at!! 💙💙💙

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1