Invulnerability skill should be removed from the game.

mziven.2095

lol, I was drunk and forum posting. I apologize. I do intensely dislike Invulnerability in PvP however. It feels like the other player just called a time-out and no longer wants to play with me but my proposal is likely a poor one. The invulnerability indicator is a not so subtle queue to stop burning cool downs. If it were 99% damage reduction I'd just keep burning through skills to little or no effect. I play necro so I likely just have skill envy.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, mziven.2095 said:

The skills that provide invulnerability can instead offer 99% damage reduction for all I care. Invulnerability is absurdity stupid and frustrating to play against. Remove this from the game.

Don't mind all those anonymous "confused" faces.  They just don't want to hear the truth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I really think they need to let you CC during all invulns just so there is actual counter play to them rather than the game just stopping altogether, like if you overcharge shot into an ele's wind or magnetic shield it should end the effect immediately and launch them.

Edited by Stalima.5490
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 6/26/2022 at 12:23 PM, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

My only issue with Invulns are ones that allow cast time skill use during their durations. Looking at you, Distortion. 

What about evade on top of mobility skills ?

What about block with hard CC on low CD ?

What about facetanking all burst thanks to class gameplay ?

What about evade and damage skills ?

Mean I'm ok talking about invul while casting but I'm a little edgy when I look at other classes sustain 3 in 1 skills. (You know, meta classes since 2 years+.)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, viquing.8254 said:

What about evade on top of mobility skills ?

What about block with hard CC on low CD ?

What about facetanking all burst thanks to class gameplay ?

What about evade and damage skills ?

Mean I'm ok talking about invul while casting but I'm a little edgy when I look at other classes sustain 3 in 1 skills. (You know, meta classes since 2 years+.)

Evade frames can be negated by barriers.

Blocks are countered by unblockables.

Conditions still tick for damage during both of these mechanics and neither of them are invulns like the OP and I were talking about. 

Distortion is literally 'Can't be touched by anything.'

6 hours ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Evade frames can be negated by barriers.

Blocks are countered by unblockables.

Conditions still tick for damage during both of these mechanics and neither of them are invulns like the OP and I were talking about. 

Distortion is literally 'Can't be touched by anything.'

Ok then give me the said skills used in meta and I will be fine dropping distortion.

You now after paper craft there is reality and even if on paper it's op, in reality skills with 3 effects packaged in are better than one scope skill, should it negate all damage.

Edited by viquing.8254
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, viquing.8254 said:

Ok then give me the said skills used in meta and I will be fine dropping distortion.

You now after paper craft there is reality and even if on paper it's op, in reality skills with 3 effects packaged in are better than one scope skill, should it negate all damage.

Actually no, distortion is the best effect in the game, hands down. I didn't make any claims about classes in their overall state, I'm just stating a fact.

Distortion is literal invincibility with no restrictions on skill use, which is relevant to what the OP was talking about, and it's better than anything you might be envious of.

11 hours ago, CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Actually no, distortion is the best effect in the game, hands down. I didn't make any claims about classes in their overall state, I'm just stating a fact.

Distortion is literal invincibility with no restrictions on skill use, which is relevant to what the OP was talking about, and it's better than anything you might be envious of.

Yep, paper vs reality and overall balance.

To give more details, with distortion, yeah you can burn any skills and be immune during this time.

But, when you have 3 in 1 skill, you can use one of the 3 purpose depending on the situation without having to burn more skills it's more versatility in 1 button and btw it's meta.

Edited by viquing.8254

if this was a war card game where each player drops 1 card and the one with higher value wins then yes, mesmers distortion is the " best " effect, its invuln that lets you move, attack, revive, finish do anything you wont.
But its not, its not 1 skill against 1 skill, its entire class kit vs another class, and mesmer as always is found wanting.