Rifle Deadeye now dead in WvW

SlitheSlivier.1908

On 9/11/2023 at 9:32 AM, hardloop von edgehoven.851 said:

the "dead"eye: BEWARE" *puts the sign on his head saying " I KNEEL NOW, can´t move now. dont kill plz" ...any enemy profession comes around disables all of you and stomps you to death in around 1.4secs

the "crap"specter: "hey im a specter with scepter! did u get that joke?" ...*dead while applying one hit of torment that ticks critically with almost 100

it sounds slightly exaggareted, cos when you not dying instant in almost any wvw situations that counts, "shadowsteps/charges/hoops to death" mechanics , the one situation you dont, the elite thief professions gives you at least some BORING gametime minutes killing lords etc with a tad bit more than average damage, unless u go full glass...if

daredevil: "i may say a word or two"

Thread necromancer... this post was resurrected from last year lol.

Edited by ZeroTheRuler.7415

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2023 at 10:28 AM, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

not really. ranger longbow is more broken - initiative costs increased

For WvW roaming...

Bruh, please.  The amount of stealth access DE has vs. LB #3....

I can post vids of DE build that can negate sic em' and rapid fire and just dunk on anything that isn't a soulbeast due to mobility, range, and stealth abuse.

It EZ mode spec in WvW.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 10/5/2023 at 6:56 PM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

For WvW roaming...

I can post vids of DE build that can negate sic em' and rapid fire and just dunk on anything that isn't a soulbeast due to mobility, range, and stealth abuse.

It EZ mode spec in WvW.

Hahaha wtf ok. I'm sry I live both teef and ranger but cmon man, slb is more broken in wvw than thief will ever be, not only can it do far more damage when built for it but its kit and utilities have 10x the versatility DE has, especially when considering vs all other classes. There's a reason every third or fourth person u see in wvw is running ranger.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Hahaha wtf ok. I'm sry I live both teef and ranger but cmon man, slb is more broken in wvw than thief will ever be, not only can it do far more damage when built for it but its kit and utilities have 10x the versatility DE has, especially when considering vs all other classes. There's a reason every third or fourth person u see in wvw is running ranger.

I'm not sure what tier you are in, but I barely see rangers when roaming anymore in T1/T2.  I see thieves' way more, albeit there are a lot of core and daredevil's now after the weaponmaster opening up scepter.

But, we can speak in generals all day, but my post was specifically about stealth access between LB # 3 and all the ways DE has access to it.  

Anyway, Stealth IS the versatility, so I'm still unclear on what you're getting at here.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 6:56 PM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

For WvW roaming...

It EZ mode spec in WvW.

Ok...I'll bite, money where mouth is

18 minutes ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

Ok...I'll bite, money where mouth is

There are tons of them on YT--found this one at random as I'm not really biased toward any creator:

Builds are mostly Dragon/Marauder based with DE, speed relic or similar--and then with elite that removes revealed among the other thief traits you can take--it's really not hard to stay alive.

I don't know why we're arguing about avoiding the same Sic' Em burst that's been around for 5 years now--and it's objective fact any other ranger spec is going to get dunked unless it's like a seriously good untamed with some projectile hate built in.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

There are tons of them on YT--found this one at random as I'm not really biased toward any creator:

Builds are mostly Dragon/Marauder based with DE, speed relic or similar--and then with elite that removes revealed among the other thief traits you can take--it's really not hard to stay alive.

I don't know why we're arguing about avoiding the same Sic' Em burst that's been around for 5 years now--and it's objective fact any other ranger spec is going to get dunked unless it's like a seriously good untamed with some projectile hate built in.  

You might have had a point if the deadeye elite still removed revealed. But given it doesn't, and also given soulbeast has easy access to unblockable which counters the DE sitting behind sniper's cover, it's much more of a turkey shoot now than it used to be. Is deadeye dead in WvW? No, not entirely. But it's a lot less safe than it used to be, and honestly I'm not convinced that's a bad thing overall. 

Edited by Jugglemonkey.8741
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

You might have had a point if the deadeye elite still removed revealed. But given it doesn't, and also given soulbeast has easy access to unblockable which counters the DE sitting behind sniper's cover, it's much more of a turkey shoot now than it used to be. Is deadeye dead in WvW? No, not entirely. But it's a lot less safe than it used to be, and honestly I'm not convinced that's a bad thing overall. 

Ah, I missed that it only removes it in PvE now; still I agree that while diminished it is still a very potent spec if played correctly.  

3 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Again, we can no longer remove Revealed in sPvP or wvw with Shadowmeld,  however recent patches gave Signet of Hunt unblocked duration making blocks, except the Daggerstorm Elite, useless. 

Edited by Lithril Ashwalker.6230

5 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Correction -> You can't remove stealth anymore. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadow_Meld/history

February 14, 2023
Shadow Meld: This skill no longer removes revealed in PvP and WvW.

It's generally pretty easy to dunk on longbow rangers IMO. Most of them don't have a lot of skill and just rely on getting easy bags. That's precisely why I target them first. Some are pretty tough customers if they chain things well if you get close though. A thief is a longbow ranger's counter if played right.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 10/11/2023 at 3:28 AM, ZeroTheRuler.7415 said:

Correction -> You can't remove stealth anymore. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadow_Meld/history

It's generally pretty easy to dunk on longbow rangers IMO. Most of them don't have a lot of skill and just rely on getting easy bags. That's precisely why I target them first. Some are pretty tough customers if they chain things well if you get close though. A thief is a longbow ranger's counter if played right.

Tbh I'd argue that a thief is bad player's counter, and most longbow rangers are bad players. The ones that do know how to play can absolutely flatten a thief in seconds, but they are rare. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1