Balance patch... Changes ANet is making would be great if

Kromie.8930

Such a shame what they did too ranger,

so anyway I have 4 other max level characters to choose from and the mech that has the option to heal, tank, dps, or dps/support seems super overpowered, seems to have all the checkmarks, lasers, explosives, jade, jade, more jade, and did I mention lasers.

In fact, why not delete every class, mech fills in all roles, ppl only need FB for more boons. Seems detrimental for a dev team to do 9 classes if they don't have the staff to balance all that.

Just make 3 classes with the holy trinity, problem solved.

• Like 2

Don't really think the idea of the changes is that great. Makes your raid composition easier to make (in theory, in practice its as you noted, pushed garbage will be taken in the group instead of anything else that is also an "option"). And I wouldn't be surprised if the push for non-unique buffs is purely to make the game devs job easier; since they have less to take into account.

Also I don't care about raids? I wanted to see balancing of professions, making obsolete weapons better. Not me putting a rifle on my war for the first time and thinking "wtf IS this". I wanted meaningful wvw/spvp balance too (they did try to throw a bone here and there, I guess). I've been playing the same game for 2 years now and it has not been in a great place throughout. Pushing perma boons as "gameplay" is not going to make it any better, devoting time to it just makes me disappointed.

the main problem is that, as people mentioned, hfb, mech, scrapper are a thing, it doesnt matter in wich game mode you play hfb is a must, stability, heals, quickness power, protection, now it will give aegis in wvw and pvp again, mech is almost an alac hfb and scrapper is the wvw version of mech, new druid will still be too static, tempest is still skeasy and lacks utility if youre comparing with ham and hfb, warrior new banners are strange at the least and herald quickness is a bit... dificult to maintain.

And hfb and ham are incredibly easy to use builds so in reality this patch has done little to suport builds, just the basics so that they can be improved at a later date in my opinion, now the other balances out of suports are plain bad.

For a big balance patch it is too lacking and wrongly directed, unless it is a joke from anet amd thus were making a fuss over nothing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reinforcments.5713 said:

Would you people stop crying?

It's not the end of the world to shake things up. And anet could care less about a SMALL minority of whining here or in game. What are you going to do? quit the game? Lol.

It's not so much crying (except the people doing really toxic stuff mind you) but the fact that a mechanist a support class can do an insane amount of damage and heal and support and do boons. 

The only thing that stops mech from deleting the meta altogether is boon stacking.

If anything mech damage needs to be moved to holo smith, the heals needs to be moved to scrapper, and all the tankiness and support can stay on mech, most they need is tiny buffs here and there for PVP which not like anyone cares about anyways.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Reinforcments.5713 said:

It's not the end of the world to shake things up. And anet could care less about a SMALL minority of whining here or in game. What are you going to do? quit the game? Lol.

Only shook up the bottom, not the top.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Reinforcments.5713 said:

Take your own advice and stop whining about people crying about things, because it obviously bothers you or impacts your forum reading experience. 

• Like 3

On 6/28/2022 at 10:26 AM, Reinforcments.5713 said:

These people seem so ignorant of others..