Pointy low contrast cursor

• 3 weeks later...

Curious how people feel about the change just now. It feels...a little bit better? But, it's still leaving me feeling like l have to aim too high to click on stuff. They also didn't add a way to increase the contrast if you wiggle the cursor around, so l continue to lose track of my cursor mid-combat because l'm too busy strafing to reach for left-alt in a split second.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Smoky.5348 said:

Curious how people feel about the change just now. It feels...a little bit better? But, it's still leaving me feeling like l have to aim too high to click on stuff. They also didn't add a way to increase the contrast if you wiggle the cursor around, so l continue to lose track of my cursor mid-combat because l'm too busy strafing to reach for left-alt in a split second.

You can't really tell until you're trying to click on the tiny up and down arrows like if you split a stack but it is a bit off. 

• Like 1

I literally logged in solely to make this post.

I appreciate the devs making the effort to do things like this, but did no one ever actually try to use it before you released it?

I put it in high contrast mode. Try to deposit materials or condense inventory? Difficult.

Try to resize UI? Practically impossible with your normal mouse. Definitely impossible with the high contrast one.

Try to use the arrows in the trading post to change price. Good luck. You're clicking blind.

Just shift it down a little so the tip of the mouse is actually the tip of the mouse.

Also what someone said earlier about the mouse not disappearing when you move your camera with right click would be great too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/21/2022 at 1:15 AM, nicus.7506 said:

I appreciate the devs making the effort to do things like this, but did no one ever actually try to use it before you released it?

I haven't seen much evidence that suggests ANET is testing anything they release.

• Thanks 1