Just bring this one back. that is all us stealth thiefs ask

ONEX.4169

Stealth on Steal  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Bring back Stealth on Steal

• YES
    • NO

I didn't use it cuz I prefer Daredevil and have enough stealth with D/P, but I felt like it was the only reliable stealth access Specter had, so I have even less reason to use it in PvP. It's replacement is certainly something I'd never use for any build ever though so yeah, I'd say bring it back. XD

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hollowperspectiv.3047 said:

Stealth on steal is a must. Soul crushing for 3 of my builds. When are thieves just going to get a good rework instead of nothing but nerfs and skills replaced with crap like preparations or WEAKNESS\BLIND on stealth.. cmon.

when they get a team dedicated to each profession like they have teams dedicated to specific game modes / content...hopefully. and i mean this in a sincere way, not a threatening/condescending way.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

when they get a team dedicated to each profession like they have teams dedicated to specific game modes / content...hopefully. and i mean this in a sincere way, not a threatening/condescending way.

Totally agree that's what it needs. I believe grouch was someone who did that back in the golden age of gw2 pvp. Hoping with him in charge we'll get the dedication spvp has missed for the last 4 years. Last new content was  in 2019. -_-

So done with anet, can't even play their game , a thief without stealth ahahahahah what a kittening joke, Target painter + Sentry ( 30s unstealth )  + Watchtower = can't play in ennemi side ( because babycry there is thief in our side halp anet please make something against that ) and now SA removed Pog, now we can't even 1v1 a random dude or new spec, or just get OS by ranger with sic em i forget

Edited by OpiZuut.9123
  • Like 4

What is the use of a thief who cannot stealth? 

Fully disappointed. 

Did someone in anet get killed by a thief so this is the retaliating? 

Sentries mark and reveal.

Towers can mark and reveal.

Regular reveal traps placed on the ground always around North Camps in WvW.

Reveal traps that are thrown. I regularly have reveal traps thrown on me when I try to use shadow refuge. That shadow refuge says exactly where I am.

Super speed from stealth but if you have no stealth than f'ing useless. 

Again. Another reason why I refuse to do micro transactions.  If I had to pay to play I'd be gone in a heartbeat. 

They either want to fully neuter thief or make everyone play d/p. How stupid.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

No steal stealth, No Deception CD reduction. This has to be a joke. Thief main since release, hundreds of dollars spent, what a waste. Honestly whoever is in charge of balancing doesn't know what they are doing. All to try to buff their 30dollar sub class that I feel any true thief player doesn't really want to play.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, branch.1375 said:

No steal stealth, No Deception CD reduction. This has to be a joke. Thief main since release, hundreds of dollars spent, what a waste. Honestly whoever is in charge of balancing doesn't know what they are doing. All to try to buff their 30dollar sub class that I feel any true thief player doesn't really want to play.

No stealth on heal, no additional sec of stealth

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

Stealth hugging thieves can get bucked.

Just because you could never figure out how-to real with a stealth thief doesn't mean they needed to be nerfed. It meant you needed to learn-to play.

I could kill a thief pre patch pretty easy with my engi, my thief that didn't stealth much already, and my mesmer.

Why do the people who need to l2p always call for nerfs? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Just because you could never figure out how-to real with a stealth thief doesn't mean they needed to be nerfed. It meant you needed to learn-to play.

I could kill a thief pre patch pretty easy with my engi, my thief that didn't stealth much already, and my mesmer.

Ha, as if engie had any issues with thief 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jitters.9401 said:

Dang, you created a whole backstory for me.

2 minutes ago, Crab Fear.8623 said:

Dang, you created a whole backstory for me.

I'm one of those people who will look through combat logs after a difficult fight to see where, if at all, I made any mistake. 

And during hard fights I will play defensive in order to prolong it so I can look for patterns.  For example.  Some thieves always circle clockwise when they stealth.  Some never change how they use weapon skills or where the appear in respect to where I am (if using ranged)

Or simple timing.

No deadeye should be able to snipe you unless you have no evasion or block available.  There is more than ample time for you to react defensively, unless your plan is to be shot.

Sometimes I let that deadeye snipe me because his/her playstyle has shown them to get over zealous. They snipe then start hammering their keys and I pop dagger storm and reflect everything's back, then I hit steal to 2x deathblossom. Game over.

Same with a ranger. Many pop that wolf thing (double hits) + quickness + sic em + #2 skill and it is highly predictable as 99% of then do that. I say 99% because I made a ranger and I always forget I can do that. 

I just hold daggerstorm for that. As I daggerstorm I move in closer.  They panic. I hit steal deathblossom. The fight then ends up with me beating them while they try to escape. My #4 skills slows them down. 

I also don't join groups because I don't want buffs/boons from others. 

But then I'm obsessed with winning. 

• Confused 1

That also forces into a specific weapon set with D/D or S/D rather than having a choice and a trait that works with all sets and builds.

I'd even be happy if they kept it with steal/swipe only and removed stealth on "steal" with mark and syphon.

Edited by PeerlessArch.6547
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No, this should not be a compromise. Anet should revert the Shadow Arts changes from last patch. People who complain about stealth thieves aren't as affected as the thief players who loved to play with stealth. The right thing to do for the players most affected by this is to revert the changes. 

• Confused 1