need help picking a new class

want help picking a class with good heals and DEFENSIVE boons, like protection/resolution/regen/aegis/stability.
since both my support builds warrior and ranger were nerfed from a defensive support standpoint, all in favor of buffs other classes can already keep up forever anyways...

• Thanks 2

Just the Guardian comes in mind - have not really tried it's elite specs. But heal + defensive ... smells like warrior. The heavy armor (defensive) guy that also has healing (feels like a paladin/warrior priest) and the protective aegis natively from his virtues and stuff.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

@kitemay.1327, Guardian (specifically Firebrand) has access to every single one of those boons and more while also providing multiple other facets on top of these depending on spec (healing, cleansing, CC, condi damage, power damage). You can achieve uptime of all of those boons with minimal investment (trait, skill, or gear).

Alternative1: Engineer (Mechanist). Slightly different boons, but largely the same as Guardian.

Alternative2: Necromancer (Scourge). Less boons, more focus on Barrier which functions as a "soft boon" (i.e. 2nd healthbar). I'm unsure if this has been altered recently but it's actually quite fun to play.

NOTE: The above IS NOT out of frustration towards the balance patch or any personal emotions. This is literally the fact that Guardian does every single boon you listed in addition (rather than "instead of") multiple other roles, and Mechanist then Scourge would be the next best things for a more supporting profession (in the same vein as your original request).

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, kitemay.1327 said:

want help picking a class with good heals and DEFENSIVE boons, like protection/resolution/regen/aegis/stability.
since both my support builds warrior and ranger were nerfed from a defensive support standpoint, all in favor of buffs other classes can already keep up forever anyways...

Really only 2 options left. Firebrand and Mechanist. Keep in mind, even though Firebrand is in an excellent spot and somewhat overperforming for years now, the new golden child is Mechanist. So if the past is an indicator of the future, it's more than likely that we will see Mechanist master race being omnipresent until the next expansion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1