Build Diversity and Stability Bots, a WvW Support Discussion

Vekks.6013

This is why balance in MMOs never happen.  It's always one class player running to the forums and saying "Nerf" another class all because they want to get the better of that class.  That's why the Necro Class is garbage right now with the exception of support Scourge.  The Firebrand does not need to be "Nerfed" because the support build lacks power and conditional damage, since those two attributes are not stacked.  If you "Nerf" a support tier, you leave it good for nothing because it can't deal any real damage either.

So what are we aiming for...  All thieves, mesmers, "Eles" and Willbenders running around WvW...   Lame and boring but that's what happens when developers destroy classes to favor wishes of other players' main class.  As someone who plays Firebrand, I can tell you for a fact it's not "OP" in anyway.  If you're targeted by most of a Zerg as a Firebrand and you're getting no support from those around you, you're dying.  I don't care what class you play, when it comes to Zerg fighting, everybody has to absorb some damage because no one person can take it all and that even goes for Firebrands.  Other than supplying Boons, Firebrand is not God in WvW.  Willbender is more of a WvW God.

The "Devs" need to do something about long range damage.  Mesmers are averaging 10k hits from the distance and it's like Boons and Toughness does not matter.  Players are doing too much vanishing on thieves and if it's going to be like that, lower the damage on a thief...make them work for it since you have them unseen 95 percent of the time.  Rangers are also like Mesmers when it comes to long range damage.

I'm not going to scream "Nerf" those classes but balance will always be a joke if changes are not made to allow players being attacked by ranged or ghosts to have a chance.  Makes no sense a player can teleport on top of you from super far and then just constantly vanish and reappear right on top of you as you move like a floating ghost who can't be hit, while deaing super high damage.  That's the stuff that needs to be talked about in the forms....  That's the garbage that needs to be fixed or taken out, peroid!

How many classes do you want to kill?  Lets not totally destroy the game by making more classes a joke like the Necro class and I mean it's a joke...check this out....  If I role with a condi build on my Necro, stacking conditional damage...  I'll deal less conditional damage than my Firebrand who does not stack power nor conditional damage.  How does that work, "Devs!?"  Why am I seeing condi damage on a Necro showing anywhere from 100 to 300+, while a Firebrand who's not built for conditions nor power, is averaging 2k damage over time just from the fire tome skill?

That's how pathetic the Necro class is and I have totally given up on the class and would not recommend anyone play the class in WvW unless you're going support Scourge.

• Confused 3

9 minutes ago, pcgamefreak.5208 said:

This is why balance in MMOs never happen.  It's always one class player running to the forums and saying "Nerf" another class all because they want to get the better of that class.  That's why the Necro Class is garbage right now with the exception of support Scourge.  The Firebrand does not need to be "Nerfed" because the support build lacks power and conditional damage, since those two attributes are not stacked.  If you "Nerf" a support tier, you leave it good for nothing because it can't deal any real damage either.

So what are we aiming for...  All thieves, mesmers, "Eles" and Willbenders running around WvW...   Lame and boring but that's what happens when developers destroy classes to favor wishes of other players' main class.  As someone who plays Firebrand, I can tell you for a fact it's not "OP" in anyway.  If you're targeted by most of a Zerg as a Firebrand and you're getting no support from those around you, you're dying.  I don't care what class you play, when it comes to Zerg fighting, everybody has to absorb some damage because no one person can take it all and that even goes for Firebrands.  Other than supplying Boons, Firebrand is not God in WvW.  Willbender is more of a WvW God.

The "Devs" need to do something about long range damage.  Mesmers are averaging 10k hits from the distance and it's like Boons and Toughness does not matter.  Players are doing too much vanishing on thieves and if it's going to be like that, lower the damage on a thief...make them work for it since you have them unseen 95 percent of the time.  Rangers are also like Mesmers when it comes to long range damage.

I'm not going to scream "Nerf" those classes but balance will always be a joke if changes are not made to allow players being attacked by ranged or ghosts to have a chance.  Makes no sense a player can teleport on top of you from super far and then just constantly vanish and reappear right on top of you as you move like a floating ghost who can't be hit, while deaing super high damage.  That's the stuff that needs to be talked about in the forms....  That's the garbage that needs to be fixed or taken out, peroid!

How many classes do you want to kill?  Lets not totally destroy the game by making more classes a joke like the Necro class and I mean it's a joke...check this out....  If I role with a condi build on my Necro, stacking conditional damage...  I'll deal less conditional damage than my Firebrand who does not stack power nor conditional damage.  How does that work, "Devs!?"  Why am I seeing condi damage on a Necro showing anywhere from 100 to 300+, while a Firebrand who's not built for conditions nor power, is averaging 2k damage over time just from the fire tome skill?

That's how pathetic the Necro class is and I have totally given up on the class and would not recommend anyone play the class in WvW unless you're going support Scourge.

You complained about other people calling for nerfs, then you go ahead and makes excuses for your jam while calling for nerfs on everyone else. 

If any of those are exploding you while you claim to have your stats on point and your modifiers popping off then you probably don't have either of those things going on. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, pcgamefreak.5208 said:

As someone who plays Firebrand, I can tell you for a fact it's not "OP" in anyway.  If you're targeted by most of a Zerg as a Firebrand and you're getting no support from those around you, you're dying. 

I don't think that has anything to do with being a Firebrand.

Actually never mind, as someone that plays Firebrand, I too blame my party when I die.

Just word of warning to others, note this is linked to a 2022 post so if you are reading from top to here note 1.5 years of changes if you think about stopping above to add in or make a point to a prior point, check the date first and save some confusion on, but that was changed moments.

2 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Just word of warning to others, note this is linked to a 2022 post so if you are reading from top to here note 1.5 years of changes if you think about stopping above to add in or make a point to a prior point, check the date first and save some confusion on, but that was changed moments.

Well, since then Mesmer has emerged as a viable stability alternative, but all and all it hasn't changed that much.