Juvenile Siege Turtle

Serenic.6852

I've only started to toy with this pet on my core ranger.  I have found that it very often will not attack anything once I switch targets, even if commanded with F1.  It just sits there.  If I swap it out and then back again, it will target but once I switch targets again (or acquire a new target) it will again just sit there.

Not a very helpful pet.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Koensol.5860 said:

Bears are absolute horse kitten dude xd come on, literally have to be the least used pets

My point is bears are better as a defensive pet than the siege turtle pet. The siege turtle does basically nothing and sits far away, at least bears actually use their defensive stats like they're supposed to.

On 7/31/2022 at 9:36 PM, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

Bears.

It's not defensive if it's sitting at 1,200 range.

Isn't the turtle the only pet with projectile denial? Do we really want to get rid of that? Keep in mind anet will not add the bubble to other pets... 

On 7/28/2022 at 11:08 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Turtle F2 needs to be replaced with a ranged strike that hits like a trebuchet.

The Turtle normal projectile skill needs its velocity greatly enhanced and it should deal at least double the damage it does now.

I agree the pet feels wonky like all the EoD pets. Also when merging in soulbeast the F1 being the autoattack at 1s CD is just crazy spammy in an skill you can not set on auto and you don't have in an easy to reach button. 

Just to keep the coherence with the rest of the pets in game: 

• Snap should be the auto in 1s CD. 
  •  Jade Cannon should be the F3 with 15s CD. Same projectile design, a bit more damage and also it behaves like a trebuchet projectile: Knockback foes in impact on an small radius. 
  • Slam It is an actual leap and movement skill.
  • F2 stays. 

There you go, reduced the projectile spam from this pet in normal and merged mode and add something interesting to an otherwise very bland and boring projectile skill. UnWanted (and in the furture Druid and Core) can keep the pet in passive and when needed hit the F3 to use the Jade cannon. 

Edited by anduriell.6280

On 7/31/2022 at 2:17 PM, kharmin.7683 said:

I've only started to toy with this pet on my core ranger.  I have found that it very often will not attack anything once I switch targets, even if commanded with F1.  It just sits there.  If I swap it out and then back again, it will target but once I switch targets again (or acquire a new target) it will again just sit there.

Not a very helpful pet.

i only find it remotely usefull in wvw when sieging, it can attack cannons and similar things, and the block is decent too, but the jade spere needs more duration, and it needs better IA for the autos

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2022 at 2:16 PM, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

My point is bears are better as a defensive pet than the siege turtle pet. The siege turtle does basically nothing and sits far away, at least bears actually use their defensive stats like they're supposed to.

If you like bears that much...good for you but for me....Hunker Down  is the best ranger pet skill after Smokescreen and we will keep it that way, that projectile denial is the first and only skill of its kind on ranger...

4 minutes ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Core pets are virtually better than EoD pets...except the turtle, one of the few things a ranger can look for whe buying EoD, the other pets from this expansion are just pure design trash not even good as placeholders, players should focus their efforts in bringing up those trash bags rather than trying to change the only decent one out of the bunch

Edited by Arheundel.6451

3 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

If you like bears that much...good for you but for me....Hunker Down  is the best ranger pet skill after Smokescreen and we will keep it that way, that projectile denial is the first and only skill of its kind on ranger...

The siege turtle has a defensive skill, but isn't a good defensive pet. It won't draw aggro well for you. Untamed has a projectile hate and both the turtle's and untamed's projectile bubble suffer from the same issue, pets suck in general.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2022 at 8:17 AM, kharmin.7683 said:

Not a very helpful pet.

I think PaperRoll on youtube demonstrated that the juvi siege turtle will only attack targets if the pet is facing the enemy. It's a line of sight issue with the ranged attack, so you have to try and line the enemy up with the turtles face 😛 

Extremely annoying and I hope it gets fixed.

turtle needs a couple changes, first and foremost its autoattack, sometimes it can hit siege canons in wvw and sometimes it spasms on the floor, second is its bubble, too low duration and long cd, a couple seconds more would be the way to go, i think siege turtle is very good for a wvw build, it helps in sieges with ranged attacks and bubble, and is tanky enought to resist when figting with groups as most of the dmg are areas and ranged stuff, pets in general need work, making "we heal as one" share boons passively, like mech signet, or moving the share boon trait to beastmastery is mandatory for pets to be usefull, making untamed unleash buff work with the pet in reverse would also be a great option.

with those changes on turtle, pets in general, and a couple untamed weapon changes, i can perfectly see untameds in wvw zergs fighting in a condi bruiser or siege beast style.

• Like 2