An option to keep legendary effects with transmuted weapons

I’m loving all the new effects from these legendaries but I don’t always want to use the legendaries. 

would be really awesome to be able to keep the trails, projectiles, draw/sheath effects when transmutated to another weapon.

i love the specter but when the krakky weapons come out I’m going to want to use that scepter for the projectiles but I don’t love the design of the weapon and it would clash with a lot of my outfits.

this would be great for theming and designing characters.

Other things like dual wielding pistols while shooting out zhatanic bolts out of the crossbow pistol skin.. spooky vibes 

Swinging lighting out of a simple sword can allow sword mage themes

idk would be cool 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I have no idea how they'd achieve this from a tech standpoint (since legendaries and their effects are a packaged deal), but I'm not against the idea. You'd need some kind of show/hide toggle for those who still wish to completely skin over a legendary with no effects, but other than that, conceptually, I'd be fine with this. Another even more radical idea would be to have some kind of auras and effects wardrobe for things like infusions, footfalls, and such once you've unlocked them.

It's a nice daydream, anyway.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

I have no idea how they'd achieve this from a tech standpoint (since legendaries and their effects are a packaged deal), but I'm not against the idea. You'd need some kind of show/hide toggle for those who still wish to completely skin over a legendary with no effects, but other than that, conceptually, I'd be fine with this. Another even more radical idea would be to have some kind of auras and effects wardrobe for things like infusions, footfalls, and such once you've unlocked them.

It's a nice daydream, anyway.

Overhauling the way particle effects are done, or just having the weapon in question give an infusion you can also slot on any weapon to give it the effects of that legendary.

• Sad 1

I've often thought this would be a nice idea too!

Although I'd settle for Juggernaut's shader effect being redone, as in most lighting conditions these days, your character just ends up looking muddy brown instead of shiny and chrome.

Edited by Mungrul.9358
o