Making gold in WvW?

And mods, before you put this post in WvW, I genuinely wasn't sure if this should go there or here, but since this is literally a case of players helping players, here seemed more appropriate.

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyway, I recently got into WvW by accident, I wanted some gear from dungeons and didn't want to spend hours waiting for a group that's willing to bring someone new to them, so I said that i'll just do the reward tracks in WvW for the pieces. 

But now I'm having a quite a bit of fun in WvW and I wanna play after I get what I need, my only issue is gold. I mainly play open world PvE and I make good gold just by playing, and in WvW idk where to start and could use some advice,  and yes, I did look this up online, but anything on making gold in WvW is years old or too shallow to be of use.

Edited by SamuelW.2685
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, SamuelW.2685 said:

And mods, before you put this post in WvW, I genuinely wasn't sure if this should go there or here, but since this is literally a case of players helping players, here seemed more appropriate.

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyway, I recently got into WvW by accident, I wanted some gear from dungeons and didn't want to spend hours waiting for a group that's willing to bring someone new to them, so I said that i'll just do the reward tracks in WvW for the pieces. 

But now I'm having a quite a bit of fun in WvW and I wanna play after I get what I need, my only issue is gold. I mainly play open world PvE and I make good gold just by playing, and in WvW idk where to start and could use some advice,  and yes, I did look this up online, but anything on making gold in WvW is years old or too shallow to be of use.

WvW isn't about making raw gold, but working towards prestigious rewards like Legendary Armor. The only gold you can make is from reward tracks or selling Memories of Battle.

In WvW, you can easily get:

- Any stat Exotic armor with unique skins

- Any stat Ascended armor with unique skins

- Any stat Ascended weapons with unique skins

- Ascended trinkets with reduced Laurel cost

- Legendary Armor

- Legendary Backpiece

- Legendary Ring (2x)

- Unique +stat infusions tailored for WvW

- Cheaper 20 slot bags (30% off compared to crafting or buying)

- Unlock all Hero Points in the world

- Easy Transmutation Charges

In PvP, you can get:

- Most of the above except the Legendary Ring, which is replaced by an Legendary Amulet

- Fairly cheap Ascended trinkets with infinite stat-reset (in WvW too, but too expensive there)

Here's the profits from reward tracks: https://fast.farming-community.eu/wvw/reward-track

You should complete all the one-time-only reward tracks in both PvP and WvW for alot of gold and Mystic Clovers needed to make Legendaries, then you can do the repeatables.

Make sure you stack up on boosts like the Guild Tavern boost, the amulet enrichment, etc.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 11:34 AM, SamuelW.2685 said:

Sounds like your real issue here getting the gear, since it's already been said WvW is just bad for gold farming. I'd suggest finding a WvW oriented guild, and playing with them. You will burn through WvW reward tracks very quickly. You can do the same reward tracks in PvP, I think, but progress can be slow depending on how well your team does. I much prefer WvW. If you're not the type to join  a guild, just check all the WvW maps periodically to see if anyone is tagging (commander tag visible). If so, run out to meet the tag and game on.