dragonspike mine range decrease is lazy and bad, ridiculous.

Lighter.5631

why?

warrior already has very tiny amount of interesting skills that diverse from others.

now you decrease dragonspike mine range is just another way to sacrifice  interesting skills so bladesworn can be efficient at hitting immobile damage sponge.

it now feels like just any other self-buff skills, like the berserker heal skills w/e, may as well not have the backroll.

and the animation looks ridiculously funny.

if you gonna reduce the range, at least change the roll animation to something else, something like a back step/back dash or something.

along with the engi rifle auto, i feel like you arent even trying anymore, just changing value without even modifying the animation.

just to make everything look ridiculous.

i feel like a huge clown every time i execute this skill

you need to stop doing this crap, turning everything to boring skills.

u need to balance for fun

instead of decrease dragonspike mine range, why not increase flicker step range.

whats stopping you to do that instead. literally.

is it because for "pvp" balance? which you never achieve anyway. why "balance" a class that's constantly bad anyway.

guarantee you 600 range flicker step will not make warrior meta either.

and also, in pvp you just made it completely useless with unjustified cooldown without the mobility, not like it was good before

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

take it for the dragon trigger reset. its actually a huge dps boost in pve, the lower range actually helps with positioning 

tactical reload > dragon trigger-slash > dragonspike mine > dragontrigger-slash

this is not an exact rotation and lots of skills go in between, but should give you a rough idea

you'll also need to be generating enough flow to execute 2 full bar dragon slash

this pushed bladesworn dps over the top BUT, the same problems with bladesworn still remains, its weak against certain encounters because of mechanics. stationary and channeling. 

also, i dont stick with just 1 rotation, i am always dynamic, so i cant relate to people who use meta or snowcrows

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, eXruina.4956 said:

take it for the dragon trigger reset. its actually a huge dps boost in pve, the lower range actually helps with positioning 

tactical reload > dragon trigger-slash > dragonspike mine > dragontrigger-slash

exactly, removed fun for more efficiency against immobile damage sponge.

as i stated above,

what's stopping anet from increasing range of flicker step instead, which will offset dragonspike mine.

tactical reload>dragon slash>dragonspike>dragon slash - flicker step with increased range.

they need to stop removing and start synergizing by adding

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

i have actually enjoyed playing bladesworn since launch, IN PVE, i think it is well designed, challenging and has appealing aesthetics. that is just my opinion. i see that many people do not share this opinion though and its understandable.

like i said, stationary and channeling, designing something around a handicap, is always a double edged sword.

if warrior damage coefficients weren't so bad in competitive modes, i believe bladesworn would've been better received. as it wouldve been more rewarding.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

and with the range of backroll now barely visible 

I'm afraid the gameplay style will become more and more homogenous to the rest of warriors.

which is already a thing for warrior for years basically

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

now i think about it i find it ridiculous.

they gave core rev, core engi new extra skill to stand out from elite specs.

but for warrior instead, they delete f1 from berserker, so it can stand different from core war

when warrior overall need more skills.

instead of adding a new f2 for core to stand different from berserker,

they just kept removing mechanics from warrior.

removing every last bit of interesting mechanics for the sack of hitting immobile damage sponge.

adding mechanics? nop never, remove mechanics for dumb downs so can hit damage sponge better,

if whenever buff is required, buff numbers only.

warrior may as well be stick man

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Peacekid.1463 said:

when will they do something that would make us players happy for warriors ..... its been a long time since we were nerfed hard...treated at garbage and unreliable in pvp tourneys

That's the catch. They won't. So either reroll, but if you only enjoy warrior, drop the game like a few of us who have been feeling great without caring! 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/5/2022 at 12:43 PM, Peacekid.1463 said:

when will they do something that would make us players happy for warriors ..... its been a long time since we were nerfed hard...treated at garbage and unreliable in pvp tourneys

in their eyes, warrior should just be immobile damage sponge destroyer

• Thanks 1

Forum warriors being overly nitpicky about things? Im shocked

The "fun" you claim they are removing is highly subjective and this change to dragonspike mine is actually one of the best changes they've made to bladesworn. 

Before the actual "mine" part of the skill would almost never actually hit anything unless you purposely tried to kite a mob into it which was a waste of time for little payoff.

The backwards dodge was WAY too large. It made this skill borderline unusable in endgame pve situations because you would often put yourself in a terrible position and sometimes would even potentially kill yourself if you tried to use it.

Now the skill gives a reposition thats manageable in tight spaces and the mine can now consistently be utilized.

Before this change this skill was basically only usable in casual open world pve becauseof how clunky it was,  and i actually used it quite a bit for open world, but now this skill along with the change to tactical reload makes it actually usable (and really powerful) in instanced pve content as well and makes back to back dragontriggers much easier to do.

Increasing flicker step range to match the long distance roll the skill had before wouldn't address the actual issue with this ability launching you in unfavorable positions in the first place 

I feel like its hard to get attention drawn to ACTUAL problems with warrior when so many warrior players on the forums are constantly so nitpicky, hyperbolic, and pessimistic about every little thing that it all gets lost in the void of whining.

I feel like yall should reflect on the moral of the story in "the boy who cried wolf".

When you make every minor thing into an issue eventually when a real issue comes up your complaints fall on deaf ears because it just sounds like more of the same cathartic complaining that happens every day

Edited by Kayberz.5346
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

45 minutes ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

The "fun" you claim they are removing is highly subjective and this change to dragonspike mine is actually one of the best changes they've made to bladesworn. 

Before the actual "mine" part of the skill would almost never actually hit anything unless you purposely tried to kite a mob into it which was a waste of time for little payoff.

The backwards dodge was WAY too large. It made this skill borderline unusable in endgame pve situations because you would often put yourself in a terrible position and sometimes would even potentially kill yourself if you tried to use it.

Now the skill gives a reposition thats manageable in tight spaces and the mine can now consistently be utilized.

Before this change this skill was basically only usable in casual open world pve becauseof how clunky it was,  and i actually used it quite a bit for open world, but now this skill along with the change to tactical reload makes it actually usable (and really powerful) in instanced pve content as well and makes back to back dragontriggers much easier to do.

Increasing flicker step range to match the long distance roll the skill had before wouldn't address the actual issue with this ability launching you in unfavorable positions in the first place 

I feel like its hard to get attention drawn to ACTUAL problems with warrior when so many warrior players on the forums are constantly so nitpicky, hyperbolic, and pessimistic about every little thing that it all gets lost in the void of whining.

I feel like yall should reflect on the moral of the story in "the boy who cried wolf".

When you make every minor thing into an issue eventually when a real issue comes up your complaints fall on deaf ears because it just sounds like more of the same cathartic complaining that happens every day

are you talking exclusively about pve? i'm generally fine with pve, can't speak for others. 

in competitive modes on the otherhand pvp and wvw. the problems are very real, the problems have been very real for years, and those are what the people in theses forums have been calling out for years. years man, years. and yes actual problems.

i think you are the one who should self reflect on the moral of the story "the boy who cried wolf."

because when there are actually glaringly obvious problems and real issues with the class and complaints fall on deaf ears for years, it boils over, and no matter how dedicated and patient the player base has been, specially in light of the discord leaks regarding how the balance team actually do their jobs, there's only so much the community is going to take, specially when they've been hopefully waiting for the game state to get better for years.

by all accounts this reflects how bad a job they've been doing, and on a normal day you won't be seeing me in these forums, i'll be happily playing the game.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

"No you"

Im not the one making mountains out of molehills about changes that objectively makes a skill better than it was before

When you get threads like this that accuse the devs of being lazy and bad with these extremely nitpicky complaints based entirely on subjective opinions it really muddies the waters  when it comes to what is actually an issue vs what is just another rant with no substance,  especially when the OP makes it sound like such an agredious offense 

in which of my posts did i say the changes to draonspike mine were bad?

sure i'm not entirely on topic in all of my posts, but i never said the change was bad. you came in here calling everyone out. .

and thats the op's opinion, these are the forums, he's entitled to his opinions as are you. such is the nature of forums. if you disagree with him thats all fine and good.

and its been brought to light already by the leaked chats from discord how at least the balance team go about their work, anet has lost very much credibility from it, not even taking any sort of accountability, of course you'll find people stirred into distrust after having confirmation about the real goings on with anet's balance team.

again i digress for the 3rd time now, , i think you are the one who should self reflect on the moral of the story "the boy who cried wolf."

• Confused 2

Wolf eats one of fifty sheep. Boy cries about wolf, towns people see the other 49 sheep, accuse boy of crying wolf. Wolf comes and eats one of the 49 sheep, boy cries about the wolf, towns people see the other 48 sheep, accuse boy of crying wolf. Before long the sheep have all been eaten and the townsfolk can't find the boy except for his shoes out in the field and a wolf too full to get away in time, they then stop to wonder why he never said anything.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Wolf eats one of fifty sheep. Boy cries about wolf, towns people see the other 49 sheep, accuse boy of crying wolf. Wolf comes and eats one of the 49 sheep, boy cries about the wolf, towns people see the other 48 sheep, accuse boy of crying wolf. Before long the sheep have all been eaten and the townsfolk can't find the boy except for his shoes out in the field and a wolf too full to get away in time, they then stop to wonder why he never said anything.

Depression on god.

😪

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

and the fun you claim is to stand in the same position all day and dealing damage to damage sponge without any kind of variety among all elite spec, and defeat the point of having elite spec at all. k

must have fun all using axe all day every day and stand in the same spot with minimum difference in output style with all your elite specs.

even tho the down side of dragonspike can simply be covered by buffing the range of flick step, which add more complexity and fun to not only pve but open world or even fractals,

but you just want everything removed so simplified on all specs. so you can stack and hit damage sponge and watch your DPS meteor all day.

extra movement and mouse movement? heck no, too complicated for me man. no fun

Edited by Lighter.5631

3 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

and the fun you claim is to stand in the same position and dealing damage to damage sponge without any kind of variety among all elite spec. k

Fun to me is actually being able to viably use the new dragonspike mine outside of casual open world content because it no longer flings me into narnia forcing me to use two flickersteps to land the reset dragon trigger it enables

• Like 1

Just now, Kayberz.5346 said:

Fun to me is actually being able to viably use the new dragonspike mine outside of casual open world content because it no longer flings me into narnia forcing me to use two flickersteps to land the reset dragon trigger it enables

See that's the problem

all you can think of is you needed to use two flick step.

so you gotta remove the range of dragon spike

when they can simply buff the range of flick step, so you only need to use one.

and farther flick step will provide even more fun not only in pve, pvp, open world, wvw and more reliable dragon flash hits

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

See that's the problem

all you can think of is you needed to use two flick step.

so you gotta remove the range of dragon spike

when they can simply buff the range of flick step, so you only need to use one.

and farther flick step will provide even more fun not only in pve, pvp, open world, wvw and more reliable dragon flash hits

This still doesn't address the issue with this skill launching you accross the map which makes it a huge liability to use in endgame content regardless of if have enough range on flickerstep to reposition

The initial dodge backwards is often suicidal to use in many encounters and it takes you out of range of your supports on top of that

The skill was clunky and anoying to use effectively before this change, now its actually good

Edited by Kayberz.5346

Just now, Kayberz.5346 said:

This still doesn't address the issue with this skill launching you accross the map which makes it a huge liability to use in endgame content regardless of if have enough range on flickerstep to reposition

The initial dodge backwards is often suicidal to use in many encounters and it takes you out of range of your supports on top of that

then it's anet's fault for forcing this skill into the rotation, turning it into yet another utility skill that does basically nothing other then buff warriors next following attack skills like a million other utility skills warrior already have that does similar things, which warrior can already use.

other classes has all kind of skills that risk position, they simply don't take it in raids, just take the immobile ones, while they can have enjoy the rest in other modes.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1