dragonspike mine range decrease is lazy and bad, ridiculous.

Lighter.5631

8 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

then it's anet's fault for forcing this skill into the rotation, turning it into yet another utility skill that does basically nothing other then buff warriors next following attack skills like a million other utility skills warrior already have that does similar things, which warrior can already use.

other classes has all kind of skills that risk position, they simply don't take it in raids, just take the immobile ones, while they can have enjoy the rest in other modes.

What other skills fit this description that bladesworn would use?

You mean the BERSERKER skills that a BLADESWORN has no access to? The passive signets that aren't even used for their active abilities and are just dead slots on your bar?

And you're being VERY dishonest in your evaluation of this skill.

It is still a stunbreak, it also still repositions you backwards enough to avoid attacks and aoe but not too much to the point where it jeopardizes you in tight spaces.

The skill has plenty of "fun" built into it, but now its actually meta viable as well, which is a good thing

Edited by Kayberz.5346
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

What other skills fit this description that bladesworn would use?

You mean the BERSERKER skills that a BLADESWORN has no access to? The passive signets that aren't even used for their active abilities and are just dead slots on your bar?

now you complain about signets being dead slots,

yet you have no problem with all utilities being basically the same, with minor exception of one being dead and other one you have press?

this is also part of my complain in this post. majority of warrior utilities need to be tweaked up, it's all the same and boring.

but yea, lan's right, peak performance.

ALSO #important

same skills, rev ripost shadow, and thief heals

both rolls can be cancel with weapon swap.

and dragon spike can already be canceled by swapping into gunsaber, only does not trigger reset

why can't they simply make the reset happen at the start of the dragon spike roll, so then the roll can be canceled by going into dragon stance or gunsaber swap

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Lighter.5631 said:

now you complain about signets being dead slots,

yet you have no problem with all utilities being basically the same, with minor exception of one being dead and other one you have press?

this is also part of my complain in this post. majority of warrior utilities need to be tweaked up, it's all the same and boring.

ALSO #important

same skills, rev ripost shadow, and thief heals

both rolls can be cancel with weapon swap.

and dragon spike can already be canceled by swapping into gunsaber

why can't they simply make the reset happen before the dragon spike roll, so then the roll can be canceled by going into dragon stance.

Dragonspike mine is NOTHING  like any other utility that warrior has access to. Its genuinely a new and unique addition to warriors kit.

You're not even being consistent with your complaints 

8 minutes ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

Dragonspike mine is NOTHING  like any other utility that warrior has access to. Its genuinely a new and unique addition to warriors kit.

You're not even being consistent with your complaints 

nothing alike? you press it, you stay in place do more weapon skill damage.

like the berserker heal skill that reset burst skill?

so unique.

i mean before when it actually did a decent back roll, sure it was unique

also yea, my proposition is best of both world, you move reset happen to start of roll, then you can cancel roll by weapon swap or dragon stance, like all other rolls in the game.

so you can choose to stay in place or actually move, like all other rolls in the game.

without even the need to buff flick step

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

nothing alike? you press it, you stay in place do more weapon skill damage.

like the berserker heal skill that reset burst skill?

so unique.

also yea, my proposition is best of both world, you move reset happen to start of roll, then you can cancel roll by weapon swap or dragon stance, like all other rolls in the game.

so you can choose to stay in place or actually move, like all other rolls in the game.

without even the need to buff flick step

Thats objectively false.

The skill STILL makes you dodge backwards while stunbreaking, it creates a mine that does damage, AND it resets the cooldown on your strongest ability.

I cant think of any other warrior utility that functions like that.

Your oversimplification of what it does just shows you're being extremely dishonest with your evaluation of this skill

Your  "solution" is unintuitive and doesn't even work if your weapon swap is on cooldown, and would force you to put your weapon swap on cooldown to utilize which is definitely not ideal 

• Confused 1

They probably would have done better just turning it into an expy of "Grenade Barrage" to provide Bladesworn with another way of instantly getting max Guns & Glory.

Guns & Glory and Fierce as Fire are some of the two biggest problems with Bladesworn--the spec is severely hampered without them and both can literally be replaced with anything by simply adding damage to Dragonslash.

Like seriously, what's even the point of these two?

Guns & Glory - 3s per explosion, max 12s, nearly every single Bladesworn skill has explosion (Gunsaber, Utility, Pistol)

Fierce as Fire - 15s (1 stack) per ammo, max 10 stacks, can get 6 stacks by using Pistol 5 and then the rest using any Gunsaber (aside from auto-attack), 4 of the 6 total Bladesworn skills, 1/6th of the remaining Warrior skills, and Axe/Rifle/Longbow.

The only situation where you wouldn't have at minimum 5 stacks of Fierce as Fire and Guns & Glory would be one where you are actively not using Gunsaber, Ammo skills, and Pistol--which itself renders you almost completely useless against nearly anything outside of level 1-79 zones.

Again--these two traits could literally be replaced by simply increasing Dragonslash (and only Dragonslash) damage. Yes, your DPS outside of Dragonslash won't be as impressive, but the entire point of Bladesworn is Dragonslash.

Why have these two traits exist at all?

5 minutes ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

Thats objectively false.

The skill makes you dodge backwards while stunbreaking, it creates a mine that does damage, AND it resets the cooldown on your strongest ability.

I cant think of any other warrior utility that functions like that.

Your oversimplification of what it does just shows you're being extremely dishonest with your evaluation of this skill

Your  "solution" is unintuitive and doesn't even work if your weapon swap is on cooldown, and would force you to put your weapon swap on cooldown to utilize which is definitely not ideal 

lol, if the reset happens at the start of the roll, dragon stance will always be available to cancel the roll. which you already does go into dragon stance right after roll now anyway.

they look so different to you, because you haven't grasp every skill at the core. all those extra mines are just for show.

once you get good enough with the game, you will understand what the base function of a skill truly is. before it was movement and burst reset, now it's simply burst reset with no movement.

also it's ok. because

pretty sure you are just biased for starting this game not long ago. come back after 2 years, and you will feel the same as me.

like every single ones who had similar opinion like you in the forum for the past 8 years who did not stop playing warrior after some time. every single one who had opinion like you were new, and after some time every single one either changed opinion or just disappeared. 

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Lighter.5631 said:

lol, if the reset happens at the start of the roll, dragon stance will always be available to cancel the roll. which you already does go into dragon stance right after roll now anyway.

they look so different to you, because you haven't grasp every skill at the core. all those extra mines are just for show.

once you get good enough with the game, you will understand what the base function of a skill truly is. before it was movement and burst reset, now it's simply burst reset with no movement.

also it's ok. because

pretty sure you are just biased for starting this game not long ago. come back after 2 years, and you will feel the same as me.

like every single ones who had similar opinion like you in the forum for the past 8 years who did not stop playing warrior after some time. every single one who had opinion like you were new, and after some time every single one either changed opinion or just disappeared. 

Rofl ok buddy

Ive been playing warrior as my main since the 3 day headstart

Im willing to bet money i can outperform you in pve AND pvp playing warrior.

Ive been around.

Edited by Kayberz.5346
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

Rofl ok buddy

Ive been playing warrior as my main since the 3 day headstart

lol boi oh boi, I'm so eager for some good warrior matches!

add me in game. show me some of that top25 warrior gameplay and whoop my kitten with it, cuz if else, ill be sad.

i've yet meet any good warrior other then tycura, peanutbutter vans and hydrogen in NA in recent days. i remember every single warrior who i find good.

lets show me something i don't yet know! im literally so excited! i needed some more excitement for me to pick up warrior again or else i'm already half way shifting to rev now. come on!!

Edited by Lighter.5631

On 7/8/2022 at 11:43 PM, Kayberz.5346 said:

This still doesn't address the issue with this skill launching you accross the map which makes it a huge liability to use in endgame content regardless of if have enough range on flickerstep to reposition

The initial dodge backwards is often suicidal to use in many encounters and it takes you out of range of your supports on top of that

The skill was clunky and anoying to use effectively before this change, now its actually good

Lol did they nerf one of the better stunbreaks for pvp so people use it in rotation on immobile targets in PVE. I kinda glanced over everything else after I loled my kitten off when I saw the banners.  120 range lol, you stunbreak dodge move but you are still in the AoE, you die, but it doesn't matter since in PVE you have clunky overbearing rotation for no reason while everyone probably sustains better dps on LI builds.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Kayberz.5346 said:

I didn't go anywhere, if you want to message me in game for an irrelevant pp measuring contest go ahead, but im not going out of my way to do it, when im online im typically busy doing kitten 

On 7/8/2022 at 5:41 PM, Kayberz.5346 said:

lol ok dude

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1