Personal skill

5 hours ago, Zera Allimatti.2541 said:

Hey brosef, this could have been left as a comment in LA map chat (and would receive a larger reaction). How about you expand on what you're trying to say and maybe you'll get some value.

Seemed pretty clear to me.

Someone killed Sansar using a crutch build in spite of Sansar’s mighty skill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12
  • Sad 1

Unpopular opinion. I hate Anet's idea of skill (juggle 10-20 cd's while withstanding punishment through mechanics. Very few mechanics actually feel rewarding to execute), but I love the sense of exploration in this game.

Because of this, I want a easy build that won't cause people to lynch me if I enter group instanced content.

Edited by Westenev.5289
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Sansar.1302 said:

The skill level you play at should have more to say than gear or build.

Fair enough. LI builds and such are fine so the average player can bring something to the table, but if people want to play Through the Fire and Flames on their keyboard and gear out with the best stuff, I don't mind if they have the highest numbers and most efficient clear times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Westenev.5289 said:

Unpopular opinion. I hate Anet's idea of skill (juggle 10-20 cd's while withstanding punishment through mechanics. Very few mechanics actually feel rewarding to execute), but I love the sense of exploration in this game.

How do people get the idea that this is Anets doing. Its entirely player made. The lead balancer doesn't even want to switch his weapon in combat when he plays. Almost any Content can be cleared with simplified rotations. It is player who want to go even more beyond the limit who design these rotations. People trying to copy them have no one to blame but themselves.

Obviously with skill and a lot of finger dexterity you can push hard, but that is rarely needed for 95% of PVE content.

Edit: For the people downvoting me: Just look at grenade kit. DO you think the developers did sit down and think yes we want people to go into the kit press 2 and go out of the kit? NO. They just made a weapon kit and made the damaging ability focus on damage. What is the solution for that? Nerf shrapnel grenade, make kits have cooldowns or a windup time. If you don't like that just finish 1 more auto attack chain instead of going into a kit its not like your damage suddenly goes zero when you don't follow snow crow rotations. Player choose to squeeze as much damage out of these classes, they weren't indented to use that way.

Edited by Albi.7250
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Albi.7250 said:

How do people get the idea that this is Anets doing. Its entirely player made. The lead balancer doesn't even want to switch his weapon in combat when he plays. Almost any Content can be cleared with simplified rotations. It is player who want to go even more beyond the limit who design these rotations. People trying to copy them have no one to blame but themselves.

Obviously with skill and a lot of finger dexterity you can push hard, but that is rarely needed for 95% of PVE content.

I can't comprehend this post, because it's so out of sync with my gaming experience, or that it assumes counting cooldowns is only applicable to top tier builds (which players tend to be funneled towards anyway because almost all aspects of gw2 buildcraft is basically s+ tier options competing against grief tier options). Players cannot be held accountable for game balance (excluding known exploits), and they shouldn't be scolded for trying to win with the limited tools they are given by game developers.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Westenev.5289 said:

I can't comprehend this post, because it's so out of sync with my gaming experience, or that it assumes counting cooldowns is only applicable to top tier builds (which players tend to be funneled towards anyway because almost all aspects of gw2 buildcraft is basically s+ tier options competing against grief tier options). Players cannot be held accountable for game balance (excluding known exploits), and they shouldn't be scolded for trying to win with the limited tools they are given by game developers.

Teapot enjoyer spotted:). What is your expierience? Doing challenge mode raids/Strikes? Skipping boss mechanics with obscene amounts of dps? A geared virtuoso does 20 k DPs without doing a Rotation, counting cooldowns or looking at the screen. That does qualify your for all(almost?) any content in the game. Even something like Power daredevil, who to be fair has to be a little bit more careful with positioning, will still do obscene amount <20k+ with boon support> of damage with 5 buttons. Sure power daredevil is may considered "grief tier" but i struggle to think which content is not doable with 20k dps. There are so many way to simplify build while still staying viable. And many builds who don't demand much of a rotation to begin with. Druid had to "count" the weapon swap cd and did heals in a sequences for might. That's it. Your team will forgive you if your druid dps rotation isnt on point.

People who execute rotations to near perfection, while doing mechanics obviously outpace people like you and me. But that doesn't stop us from doing content does it? 

Bringing the skill celling down doesn't really benefit anyone.(besides my ego looking at arc dps)

Bringing the skill floor up sound silly to me when almost every profession has a LI build nearly doing 20k. Also you can't really bring the floor up without increasing the celling anyway.

People have to think about the solution. Why are there even rotations? Because GW is a cooldown based game. Everything has a cooldown besides Auto attack and thief in general. So when you want to maximize dps you use everything that does more dps then AA chain as soon as possible and prioritize based on highest dps to lowest. So when you don't want complex Rotations you need to make almost all Weapon skills and utilities do less then AA chain. That would many people consider quite boring. You could also make the highest dps attack the one with the lowest cooldown so you don't have enough time for many different abilities in-between. The only way to stop complex rotations from a developer perspective is do make most abilities and traits not worth it or normalize damage over all abilities so it doesn't matter which button you press. And lets be honest even with only a 5% dps different between all abilities snow crow will find the 64 step Rotations to maximize it.

P.S. If you don't like the complexity of your class just switch to thief. While snow crow may give you a 32 step rotations for specter to follow it is not really needed.

Edited by Albi.7250
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1