Medical Dispersion Field change

posthumecaver.6473

Personally on Heal scrapper i switched out that whole trait line for Arms after the change so i can provide better might uptime, I would say its a bit of both. It technically can heal for more but it now has a delay so Engi has lost its best burst healing trait.

I wuld say it's a nerf with small compensation

Nerf cuz you need heal your team now, and your f1 heals you not team, so it will trigger 33% after 3s

As compensation your geting pasive healing dubled evry 3s (as regen/backpack is kinda perm) and more stabile heals from pulses on Super Elixir+Elixir Shell

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430

Nerf to burst healing, buff to sustained healing. Having it gain power from healing over time sources is very useful, particularly on support mechanists with high healing power as they get an additional 20% power to their regen ticks. However, I've often found it unneeded - so far, anyway. I raid but there are some fights I haven't seen yet, but I have yet to see one where medkit spam wasn't enough and I thought "Gee, MDF would've been very helpful right then". It's nice to help keep people topped off, particularly on scrapper healers, but as a mechanist my mace AA barrier, along with other sources of barrier (both from me and allies) make it so that it's not really noticeable.

It may have been a better idea to attach the skill to....something. Like, 'stores up healing taken until you press the 3 weapon skill, or use your heal'. Something like that. Controlled burst tends to > passive over time in most scenarios. It also only seems to work when I am actually healing myself - so if I'm at full health and have a good amount of barrier, I never take enough damage that I need to heal to actually store up any healing, so it goes unused.

Edited by Curennos.9307
  • Thanks 1

If we consider the real use of an "healer", this is a nerf for the class, plain and simple, cause an healer is someone who "heal you when you need HP the most" not at a fixed interval.

If we consider the extra "regen" every interval, is a decent skill for share with other people some healing, but the old version was the real deal, this one is simple extra healing every 3 secs that for the most part of a fight offer less or nothing to the others in the party. (360 radius isn't really so big)

• Like 1

If you aren't stacked in group content where a healer will be. You are likely doing something wrong... or its a fractal and you have socially awkward. Either way, you generally aren't far away from people, you receive no healing or buffs if you don't stack. 360 radius is honestly plenty. You will want big heals and stable heals. The every 3 seconds is more of a stable heal. 

• Confused 1

I'd agree that the 3s interval is completely bad, if only in terms of flexibility.

In the past you would rely on Medical Disperson Field to instantly burst heal your party after receiving a massive damage spike (like VG greens). Personally I already relied on that to handkite on core engineer.

Now the heal is no longer instant and people may go down from the magical storm while you're waiting for your dispersion field to kick in. Not sure how much it is actually going to hurt but it takes out a lot of active gameplay, making it just yet another passive effect you can't really base your gameplay on, it's just kind of going to be there.

• Like 2

The change is good because it opens up more options to utilise the trait, for example you can use the rocket turret as a minor healing turret since big boomer heals around 1500 over 3 seconds for an extra 500 healing every 3 seconds, pair this with the regeneration boon and the rectifier signet and you can put out quite a bit of bonus passive healing with a dwayna rune for example, maybe even health regeneration food just to add some more? you could probably pump this up to a consistant 1000 per 3 seconds without any real effort.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

The change is good because it opens up more options to utilise the trait, for example you can use the rocket turret as a minor healing turret since big boomer heals around 1500 over 3 seconds for an extra 500 healing every 3 seconds, pair this with the regeneration boon and the rectifier signet and you can put out quite a bit of bonus passive healing with a dwayna rune for example, maybe even health regeneration food just to add some more? you could probably pump this up to a consistant 1000 per 3 seconds without any real effort.

Last time I checked, rocket turret's attacks don't trigger the healing effect of big boomer. Might have to check again, tho, maybe they changed that.

EDIT: Just tested it. Rocket turret's overcharge, "explosive rockets", will trigger the healing effect of big boomer. But all the turret auto attacks will not, despite being tagged as explosions. So it is still currently bugged and can't be used as a frequent trigger for the big boomer healing.

Edited by Kodama.6453

1 hour ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Last time I checked, rocket turret's attacks don't trigger the healing effect of big boomer. Might have to check again, tho, maybe they changed that.

EDIT: Just tested it. Rocket turret's overcharge, "explosive rockets", will trigger the healing effect of big boomer. But all the turret auto attacks will not, despite being tagged as explosions. So it is still currently bugged and can't be used as a frequent trigger for the big boomer healing.

There is more to this as I just tested again myself, it seems you have to be actively attacking for rocket turret to trigger big boomer it's kind of a weird situation.

Try testing again but only mace autoattacking with rocket turret

edit: oh wait they put an explosion on the mace autoattack, when did they do that? guess I wont even need the rocket turret then

Edited by Stalima.5490

13 minutes ago, Stalima.5490 said:

There is more to this as I just tested again myself, it seems you have to be actively attacking for rocket turret to trigger big boomer it's kind of a weird situation.

Try testing again but only mace autoattacking with rocket turret

If you are auto attacking with mace, then that's mace AA triggering the big boomer, not the rocket turret.

Barrier blast, the third hit of the auto attack chain, has the explosion tag.

3 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

If you are auto attacking with mace, then that's mace AA triggering the big boomer, not the rocket turret.

Barrier blast, the third hit of the auto attack chain, has the explosion tag.

yeah I just noticed that, I don't think that was there originally...

12 minutes ago, Stalima.5490 said:

yeah I just noticed that, I don't think that was there originally...

Hasn't been there in the betas, got implemented with the release of EoD and the mechanist, tho. So it has been around since February.

But hey, another great showcase in this thread here how turrets are currently working against our own trait system by not being able to trigger stuff they are supposed to! I wish they would finally work on that, made an own thread about this a long while ago listing all the traits which currently don't work with turrets when they actually should...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Hasn't been there in the betas, got implemented with the release of EoD and the mechanist, tho. So it has been around since February.

But hey, another great showcase in this thread here how turrets are currently working against our own trait system by not being able to trigger stuff they are supposed to! I wish they would finally work on that, made an own thread about this a long while ago listing all the traits which currently don't work with turrets when they actually should...

Either way, It just means you can simply use the mace auto spam tactic without the rocket turret and get the aforementioned effect of permanent big boomer healing anyway, that's quite a bit of more or less passive support when combined with the mech passive barrier and regen boon. It makes one wonder if a squad of mechanists would be nigh invincible with this kinda setup, all applying barrier and periodic healing to one another.

Edited by Stalima.5490