So with 3 sec aoe quickness in tactics, we should probably buff heightened focus ya?

Zuko.7132

In pvp heightened focus gives 2.5 secs of personal quickness on a 15 second cooldown with an under 50% enemy activation. 

Tactics gives a 3 sec aoe quickness with a 10 sec cooldown on landing a burst.

Doesn’t make sense does it?

Problem 1: Less quickness longer cooldown.

Problem 2: Activation condition means it’s useless most of the time, and you have no control over it.

Problem 3: Less quickness and it’s single target not aoe.

Proposed Solution: Tie it to weapon swap. Reduce duration to 2 seconds. Personal quickness should be more frequent than aoe quickness. If you weapon-swapped on cooldown this would be 2 secs of quickness every five seconds, or 4 seconds over 10 seconds, compared to 3 seconds aoe over 10 seconds.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Zuko.7132 said:

In pvp heightened focus gives 2.5 secs of personal quickness on a 15 second cooldown with an under 50% enemy activation. 

Tactics gives a 3 sec aoe quickness with a 10 sec cooldown on landing a burst.

Doesn’t make sense does it?

We hear you loud and clear!

Martial Cadence: Quickness duration reduced from 3 seconds to 1 second in PvP/WvW.

• Haha 3

heightened focus gives 2.5 secs of personal quickness on a 15 second cooldown with an under 50% enemy activation. 

the requirements for 2.5 seconds of personal quickness is ridiculous.

which is why it is never used anywhere except for open world trash mobs.

just like the entire Arms line

at least make it so you get quickness whenever you weapon swap, it would be way more competitive against 2 other traits.

but no, warrior need a trillion requirement to acquire minimum effect

Edited by Lighter.5631

I personally like it conceptually (becoming massively more effective when fighting an opponent whose on the verge of death). It seems to me that the most effective route here is a reduction of ICD to make it viable and preserve the concept. What do you guys think, something like an 8s ICD on the trait with a 3 second duration? That would put an uptime of 37.5% predicated on sub 50% health and striking the enemy. This would probably help warrior with finishing enemies better.

And before someone says “HaRbInGeR HaS PErMaqUiCk!!!”, I’m fundamentally against 1 trait giving permaquick, and think that should be nerfed, not implemented on more classes.

Edited by oscuro.9720

1 hour ago, oscuro.9720 said:

I personally like it conceptually (becoming massively more effective when fighting an opponent whose on the verge of death). It seems to me that the most effective route here is a reduction of ICD to make it viable and preserve the concept. What do you guys think, something like an 8s ICD on the trait with a 3 second duration? That would put an uptime of 37.5% predicated on sub 50% health and striking the enemy. This would probably help warrior with finishing enemies better.

And before someone says “HaRbInGeR HaS PErMaqUiCk!!!”, I’m fundamentally against 1 trait giving permaquick, and think that should be nerfed, not implemented on more classes.

Yes, please nerf Harninger, Daddy Anet.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

I personally like it conceptually (becoming massively more effective when fighting an opponent whose on the verge of death). 

yea, look at throw axe, arc slice, they work even above 50% hp, less effective, but works decently.

but this? this is non existence unless enemy goes below 50% hp. same goes for cull the weak

at least make it so, you get 2.5 second quickness whenever crit, and you get 4 second quickness on crit when enemy below 50% hp with 15 second cooldowns.

or even better weapon swap give quickness.

and cull the weak, weapon swap apply weakness

please

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 1