GW2 should finally add "inspect gear" ability to examine other players' cosmetics

1 hour ago, Gravitron.7982 said:

I appreciate that you are providing some form of a solution. I am sure that solution works great for some players, but that solution wouldn't work great for me and does not completely solve the issue for me personally. I'll just hold out for an Inspect feature myself, but other people are free to use any 3rd party site they wish. Thanks for the suggestion!

Meanwhile people disliking that idea will hold against it and it has nothing to do with anyone thinking the game is perfect or "defending it no matter what". I'm glad you understand that now!

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

It'd be fine, if Arenanet created the peeking feature with explicitly having to opt into it and it's deactivated by default.

Yup, exactly.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

As long as I can lock it 💀

I have very particular tastes about what items I will talk about and how much.

If you ask me about a weapon or mini? No problem!

IF you ask me about an armor piece that is standalone, like a helmet or boots? No problem!

If you start asking me about armor combinations or character feature combinations, especially if they lead to visual effects that I discovered on my own, I may be more unwilling to divulge that information. Sets and combinations of armor pieces and colors are where I start drawing the line.

I'd like to outright ignore "link me your set" or "link me your color channels".

I don't mind an inspect feature, but I'd like to be able to opt out of it to avoid entire sets being duplicated. If it's just a particular thing you want but can't find or don't know the name of, I am more than happy to link that for you. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Meanwhile people disliking that idea will hold against it and it has nothing to do with anyone thinking the game is perfect or "defending it no matter what". I'm glad you understand that now!

Yup, exactly.

I don't actually really understand this point. But I appreciate your feedback!

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Gravitron.7982 said:

I don't actually really understand this point. But I appreciate your feedback!

I don't know what you don't understand about it and I'm not even sure why you decided to inform me about this while not providing any details. It's a non-answer and it's clear what you're doing.

45 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

I wonder if people start whispering certain people in this thread what they are wearing.

Would they reply or would they find it creepy and report harassment.

I was whispered about skin/s I used before and I didn't see any issue with that. Not sure in what way I'd be supposed to see that as harassment rather than just... someone asking me a normal question?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

I wonder if people start whispering certain people in this thread what they are wearing.

Would they reply or would they find it creepy and report harassment.

Would be creepier if people could just turn on another person's web camera and see what they were wearing without asking.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/3/2023 at 9:30 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

It'd be fine, if Arenanet created the peeking feature with explicitly having to opt into it and it's deactivated by default. But we all know that's not how Arenanet usually rolls, so hoping for such an implementation is not realistic.

And since that website already exists, there is not even a reason for Arenanet to introduce that feature. Resources should be spend on other things they have planned instead.

dont think that would be a good idea. i can see it now party leader goes to check and notices the person has it turned to private. so kicks them thinking he doesn't have a build he likes. what would work however is just have a second tab in lfg one where everyone knows what everyone has on and a 2nd that is for people who could care less and just want to have fun. when all is said and done people should be judged on performance and nothing else. 

Edited by trunks.5249
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, trunks.5249 said:

dont think that would be a good idea. i can see it now party leader goes to check and notices the person has it turned to private. so kicks them thinking he doesn't have a build he likes. what would work however is just have a second tab in lfg one where everyone knows what everyone has on and a 2nd that is for people who could care less and just want to have fun. when all is said and done people should be judged on performance and nothing else. 

The leader could just, you know, ASK the "private" person, instead of silently kicking. If the leader starts kicking without doing as little as asking, that group probably wasn't even worth being in.

And the feature explicitly being opt-in is simply the least Arenanet should do, if they ever made a peeking feature. Of course the game is better completely without it.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1