Lighting is behaving oddly since last patch [Merged]

Chiming in to say I've been getting this too. The flickering can be intensely bad approaching the final boss cage in the Molten Furnace fractal, especially if jumping up to it from the rocks around the lava between the cage entrance and the Mistlock Instability. I've noticed it in a number of fractals in general, but that one stands out.

I would say to be careful or avoid this fractal until a confirmed fix if you have photosensitive epilepsy or migraines. I thankfully don't get epilepsy, but my eyes are super photosensitive on top of having migraines that can be worsened by flashing lights, and this bug has been making it hard to watch the screen a lot.

Sadly the latest patch has not fixed the issue.

The lighting is still broken in the same places as before.

Correction: Quite a few places have been fixed, but some still have the flickering lighting. (for example the bank area of the grove)

Edited by Malterion.7841
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Malterion.7841 said:

Sadly the latest patch has not fixed the issue.

The lighting is still broken in the same places as before.

Correction: Quite a few places have been fixed, but some still have the flickering lighting. (for example the bank area of the grove)

Greetings.

You mentioned that in some places the issue has been fixed, does the problem with the lightning comes specified in the patch notes? I'm just asking because ArenaNet has been 100% quiet about this.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Splat.7981 said:

Greetings.

You mentioned that in some places the issue has been fixed, does the problem with the lightning comes specified in the patch notes? I'm just asking because ArenaNet has been 100% quiet about this.

It does. I quote:

• "Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented water reflections from updating.
  • Fixed an issue that caused some lights to flicker."
Edited by Malterion.7841