Am I reading this correct??

Puck.3697

On 7/20/2022 at 5:04 PM, Daddy.8125 said:

The balance patch follow up is only going to address the singular trait they messed up? 

- no fix to the state of warrior pvp? 

- no fix the mess banners are in? 

- not even some numerical buffs to even pve content where warrior is suffering massively now it's treated like a dps role? 

- nothing still done about the resistance changes that happened over a year ago now that still are problematic for warriors? 

- not a single piece of feedback given acted upon? 

Not even a hint to a explanation to why nothings being addressed or any hints to what they intend to do about the current issues? 

Please someone tell me I'm reading the wrong patch notes. 

Should I just move games now or sit in wait to be disappointed again in the next patch in 4 months? 

yep.

nothing for competitive modes,

no point waiting for future patches, don't bother, state has been like this for years.

better to go now, specially if you're not invested, than waste years waiting for nothing.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

On 7/20/2022 at 5:06 PM, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Just forget everything you knew, play casually for an hour if you want every few days and do anything else more fun and productive with your time. 

They won't fix anything. They may as well give +5% crit chance in the minors of all specs so you can have 15% crit chance increase by default and warrior would still be crap. 

namaste 🙏

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/20/2022 at 9:33 PM, Peacekid.1463 said:

of all the other mmo the warrior in this game if by far the weakest of all

I'd say more like the most boring rather than weakest, I mean if weakest they could buff number till OP but the playstyle will still be boring if they don't rework the playstyle to the core, lots of utility so boring while other class got some damage skill in utility.

On 7/20/2022 at 12:21 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

They stated in the followup to the June 28th patch that the July 19th patch was already to far along the pipeline to add too many things into it. I think the Vindicator, Harbae, and Willbender changes were already a part of that patch and they managed to squeeze in the +5% crit chance to Pinnacle of Strength. This probably resulted in them redoing a few steps of their QA and review process, but with only a minimal addition didn't hose the timeline.

August 2nd and the bigger patch in October is where you should hope to see changes to Warrior. One of those is supposed to further rework banners, though I don't recall which one at the moment.

This expansion launched in what? January / Feb?... 

How long has warrior been bad? 

How long ago did they make the resistance changes?

And they still want til August 2022 to initiate a "proper look into warrior"?. Unacceptable. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

This expansion launched in what? January / Feb?... 

How long has warrior been bad? 

How long ago did they make the resistance changes?

And they still want til August 2022 to initiate a "proper look into warrior"?. Unacceptable. 

August is fixing their Banner mistake. You're right though, it is unacceptable that they had no one really looking at warrior this entire time. The main dev on that effort was too busy racking up 2k hours on Firebrand and playing Mechanist on the side to even give much thought to warrior.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

August is fixing their Banner mistake. You're right though, it is unacceptable that they had no one really looking at warrior this entire time. The main dev on that effort was too busy racking up 2k hours on Firebrand and playing Mechanist on the side to even give much thought to warrior.

Mad even after that change its very unlikely we will get what we want regarding banners. 

Games gone from a misfortunate state, to simply take the P**** out of the community, I was understanding the factor they moved away from. PoF then had the cancellation of other projects and told to launch a gw2 expansion so changes have to wait. 

We get to the expansion and instead of using the time they did use to apply changes to warrior, to make the situation even worse with 0 acting upon the given feedback. 

So many major issues and just nothing to give any address to them. 

And throwing some shoutsworn build that revolves around just endlessly spamming shouts isn't acceptable. Spellbreaker is susposed to be our pvp specc and they butchered it. Ruined it even further with more changes to the game with nothing to improve the situation 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 2

On 7/21/2022 at 6:16 PM, DKRathalos.9625 said:

I'd say more like the most boring rather than weakest, I mean if weakest they could buff number till OP but the playstyle will still be boring if they don't rework the playstyle to the core, lots of utility so boring while other class got some damage skill in utility.

I ment more its depiction is weak. 

It's portrayed in a real weak way fantasy wise. When we look at something like WoWs warrior. 

- Fury warrior has a physical resource called rage which it uses to expend huge attacks

- wields 2 handed weapons dual wielding as stronger then the average so capable of wielding such weight in a fight. 

- tank warrior has high brutality physical strikes with noth a shield and a 1 handed weapon, it has abilities to return damage upon hit. Able to ignore pain as a defense to taking swings in a fight. 

- arms warrior is depicted as a more defensive fighter putting out big meaty numbers breaking through the enemies defenses and landing huge damage in bursts. 

Warriors in gw2 

Are just people who didn't bother to learn combat beyond wielding a weapon there's no distinction between how they use weapons compared to other classes. There's just no separation to why a warrior is better at using weapons then the next proffession. 

It's almost as if anets designed the fantasy of warrior to show wielding weapons holds the warrior back more then anything. 

Rtylock. Class swapped. 

Logan doesn't manage any fight on his feet getting injured everytime 

Game lacks any cool warrior NPCs now. 

This game lacks a real weapons master fantasy full stop. 

They took weapon swap off a god kitten warrior elite, if that doesn't just show the incompetence of developing this fantasy. I'm not sure what will. 

Warrior will never come back. Because anet just doesn't seem to understand the fantasy warrior is susposed to be. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 3

At one point they understood what Warriors should be like:

• Devona - A leader, the tip of the spear, the unmovable object around which all battle flows.
  • Killroy Stonekin - The one man army, the relentless charge, the joy and fury of war unleashed
  • Captain Langmar - A commander, the one who shapes the flow of conflict, rallying their allies to hold on for just one more push
  • Koss - The fighter, one who will take on any challenge against any foe and through sheer grit and determination hold out longer than any other and still refuse to yield
  • Jora - A force of nature, primal fury condensed into steel and iron, as unstoppable as a landslide.

Now, we have:

Edited by Geoff Fey.1035
  • Like 7
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

I ment more its depiction is weak. 

It's portrayed in a real weak way fantasy wise. When we look at something like WoWs warrior. 

- Fury warrior has a physical resource called rage which it uses to expend huge attacks

- wields 2 handed weapons dual wielding as stronger then the average so capable of wielding such weight in a fight. 

- tank warrior has high brutality physical strikes with noth a shield and a 1 handed weapon, it has abilities to return damage upon hit. Able to ignore pain as a defense to taking swings in a fight. 

- arms warrior is depicted as a more defensive fighter putting out big meaty numbers breaking through the enemies defenses and landing huge damage in bursts. 

Warriors in gw2 

Are just people who didn't bother to learn combat beyond wielding a weapon there's no distinction between how they use weapons compared to other classes. There's just no separation to why a warrior is better at using weapons then the next proffession. 

It's almost as if anets designed the fantasy of warrior to show wielding weapons holds the warrior back more then anything. 

Rtylock. Class swapped. 

Logan doesn't manage any fight on his feet getting injured everytime 

Game lacks any cool warrior NPCs now. 

This game lacks a real weapons master fantasy full stop. 

They took weapon swap off a god kitten warrior elite, if that doesn't just show the incompetence of developing this fantasy. I'm not sure what will. 

Warrior will never come back. Because anet just doesn't seem to understand the fantasy warrior is susposed to be. 

Oh in this case we are agree yes the thematic design is weak. Another 100% agree on WoW warrior, well I will add fury feels like satsifying as in proper dual wielding unleashing relentless attack compared to arm which is slow but hard hitting.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 10:21 AM, DKRathalos.9625 said:

Oh in this case we are agree yes the thematic design is weak. Another 100% agree on WoW warrior, well I will add fury feels like satsifying as in proper dual wielding unleashing relentless attack compared to arm which is slow but hard hitting.

Pretty much. 

I've reactivated my sub to WoW and while it's a pain in the kitten catching up with the systems, I can say the heavy depression that rhe last year of gw2 Has caused me over my year playing this game has been relieved rather quickly