Suggestion: Other Characters as NPCs

So late on in GW1's active life, the developers added the option to have other characters from your account act as heroes in your party.

Now, I'm not asking for that specifically, but it would be really cool if you could occasionally come across other characters from your account in certain scenarios, like haggling with other NPCs in major hub cities.

It's nothing major, but I feel it would add a lot of flavour to the game.

Also, it would be neat that if you visited a home instance that wasn't your current character's, a race-appropriate character from your account would be there, going about their business 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Funny how i just learned about Mercenary hero yesterday, now im seeing this post

Sound cool but I hope no one ask for adding them so they can solo, i don't care what your excuses are, gw2 is an entirely different game from gw1

Edited by Ultramex.1506
  • Like 1

The OP isn't asking for them to be heroes that accompany the player-character in content; rather, just having the other characters "idle" on the account appear here and there doing random, mundane things or hanging out in the home instance.  I think that would be kind of neat, but I'd rather the devs spend their resources elsewhere.

• Like 1

It would be weird seeing my one and only charr hanging out in the Citadel, considering he's been parked at the same JP chest for like 9 years. Or finding my mostly naked key run character loitering around the bank in DR.

Or would I encounter all 46 of my extra characters in my home instance at the same time? Could get crowded!

I'd have to agree with kharmin on this one, not worth the effort. If I want to see a character, I play that character.

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Nope, replacing players with bots in an active mmorpg is not a good idea.

Having player alts spammed all over the cities also feels pointless to me.

I would think that, if this were implemented, then it would only be seen by the player.  I wouldn't see everyone else's idle PCs.  This is why, IMO, doing this in a home instance makes more sense.

6 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I would think that, if this were implemented, then it would only be seen by the player.  I wouldn't see everyone else's idle PCs.  This is why, IMO, doing this in a home instance makes more sense.

Yeah, as much as I don't care about that feature at all, someone having their alts in their own home instance sounds better.

4 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Are NPCs considered 'bots'?  Never considered them as such, before.

It was a passing comment directed at passing mention of gw1 heroes in your party.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Ahh, then quoting the passing mention might have offered clarity.  Though, I never considered Mercendary Heroes as bots, either.

Yeah, I usually do quote specific parts of the post. Oh well, seems clear now 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yeah, as much as I don't care about that feature at all, someone having their alts in their own home instance sounds better.

Of course, you have those players with 70+ alts, so that might have an adverse effect on the servers.  I think it would be kinda neat, but I would prefer resources be spent elsewhere.