When are you gonna fix EoD pets?

Arheundel.6451

5 hours ago, Project exa.3204 said:

Which is never because it's perfectly balanced

-Eros of Ascalon

I have no idea where you got the "perfectly balanced", but here is the Anets opinion:

"There are no significant changes for Untamed coming in next week's patch.
It is getting a few damage increases, but I'm not going to claim that's a real solution to making it fun and relevant in PvE right now.

The designer behind Untamed did create it and the tools available to it through a PvP lens, and as such it's very effective there, but that focus on CC and punishing CC'ed targets doesn't translate as effectively to general PvE play or champion/boss encounters.

We're working on several approaches to this problem. Some already snuck out live early- improvements to the user interface and feedback on activating pet skills. More are coming.

The #1 piece of feedback I've seen every time Untamed is brought up is a desire to be able to set the F1 and F3 skills back to a state where the pet can use them automatically when appropriate. And that's absolutely understandable- when you equip the Untamed specialization, your pet now does -less- on its own than it did as core ranger, and you have to press more buttons to keep the same effectiveness.

While the ability to control its skill use can be important at times, the feeling that you need to do more to keep the same effectiveness on your pet isn't great.

To that end, we're currently in progress on a 'autoattack setting' system for pet skills.

Here's what to expect from that system, when it's finished and is released:
You'll be able to Ctrl+Mouse 2 on any Ranger or Mechanist pet skill button- that's F2 for core ranger, Druid, and non-merged Soulbeast, and F1/F2/F3 for Untamed and Mechanist. Doing so will set the skill to 'auto', and the pet will try to use it whenever it is in combat and the skill is available. When applied to the Untamed pet F1 and F3 skills, this setting makes the pet act like it does in other elite specializations.
Of course, now you'll also be able to activate this setting on F2.

You will be able to set any number of pet skills to this automatic state. As few or as many as you like! For Rangers, the skill auto settings will be stored per pet.

This is mostly complete on our internal development environment, but is not yet ready, as there's some more polish and testing to go. So- it's not going live next week. But it won't have to wait for the next major skills update either. We'll be able to release it when it's ready.

This is a first step in addressing un-fun aspects of Untamed gameplay, and it's definitely not the last. For a future profession update later this year, we are looking at how to use PvE/PvP splits more widely to make Untamed's profession mechanics more applicable in PvE.

So- yes. Not much yet. But we're working on it."

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

The designer behind Untamed did create it and the tools available to it through a PvP lens, and as such it's very effective there, but that focus on CC and punishing CC'ed targets doesn't translate as effectively to general PvE play or champion/boss encounters.

I have so many questions.... 

What was the designer actually thinking? Does the designer play with ranger at all?

Or does the designer use the wiki as a reference for designing the unDeveloped? How the dual aspect could look fun in the designer's head?  

Did the designer ever touched the druid and tried the dual glyphs? Is the designer an actual intern who picked on their way for the coffee break?

How the designer though the new elite was going to do any damage in PvP?

What was the plan behind such awful utilities with recycled animations? 
And the green vomit all over the ranger?

What's with that? Wasn't there any animator/designer with any skill to be able to provide watchable animations or effect? 

Did the elite  had a hamster assigned to do the animations and effects? 

Can we get a real developer and a real designer to rework the whole elite? Thank you. 

6 hours ago, Beddo.1907 said:

I have no idea where you got the "perfectly balanced", but here is the Anets opinion:

"There are no significant changes for Untamed coming in next week's patch.
It is getting a few damage increases, but I'm not going to claim that's a real solution to making it fun and relevant in PvE right now.

We're working on several approaches to this problem. Some already snuck out live early- improvements to the user interface and feedback on activating pet skills. More are coming.

The #1 piece of feedback I've seen every time Untamed is brought up is a desire to be able to set the F1 and F3 skills back to a state where the pet can use them automatically when appropriate. And that's absolutely understandable- when you equip the Untamed specialization, your pet now does -less- on its own than it did as core ranger, and you have to press more buttons to keep the same effectiveness.

While the ability to control its skill use can be important at times, the feeling that you need to do more to keep the same effectiveness on your pet isn't great.

To that end, we're currently in progress on a 'autoattack setting' system for pet skills.

Here's what to expect from that system, when it's finished and is released:
You'll be able to Ctrl+Mouse 2 on any Ranger or Mechanist pet skill button- that's F2 for core ranger, Druid, and non-merged Soulbeast, and F1/F2/F3 for Untamed and Mechanist. Doing so will set the skill to 'auto', and the pet will try to use it whenever it is in combat and the skill is available. When applied to the Untamed pet F1 and F3 skills, this setting makes the pet act like it does in other elite specializations.
Of course, now you'll also be able to activate this setting on F2.

You will be able to set any number of pet skills to this automatic state. As few or as many as you like! For Rangers, the skill auto settings will be stored per pet.

This is mostly complete on our internal development environment, but is not yet ready, as there's some more polish and testing to go. So- it's not going live next week. But it won't have to wait for the next major skills update either. We'll be able to release it when it's ready.

This is a first step in addressing un-fun aspects of Untamed gameplay, and it's definitely not the last. For a future profession update later this year, we are looking at how to use PvE/PvP splits more widely to make Untamed's profession mechanics more applicable in PvE.

So- yes. Not much yet. But we're working on it."

Sounds like it's perfectly balanced to me!

-Eros of Ascalon

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Project exa.3204 said:

Sounds like it's perfectly balanced to me!

-Eros of Ascalon

I like how you 1. Sign everything as if this is some formal forum and 2. Completely disregard their point of 'hey everything isn't really all right with untamed and the devs even said so'

Fervent Force is absolutely broken but also carrying untamed, until untamed gets fixed they can't drop it

41 minutes ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

I like how you 1. Sign everything as if this is some formal forum and 2. Completely disregard their point of 'hey everything isn't really all right with untamed and the devs even said so'

Fervent Force is absolutely broken but also carrying untamed, until untamed gets fixed they can't drop it

I like how you answer everything so seriously and seem to have no concept of sarcasm, but still give off that feeling of being personally offended at just about anything. I sign every comment and post I make, so if that's something that triggers you idk what I can do to help you. It's also clear even from your previous comments that the devs aren't making any major changes to Untamed itself (see my post LEAK - Upcoming Untamed Balance Fix) and the "big changes" that are coming in the near future to pets isn't even an Untamed-exclusive fix. None of which actually addresses the EoD pets freezing for 5-10 seconds (the actual purpose of this post) so like....which of us is actually paying attention and/or disregarding the point of this post? EROS OUT

-Eros of Ascalon

• Confused 1