Illusionary Leap

Gwydeon.3580

Illusionary Leap

This is the only skill, that I am aware will fail and still fire due to distance. If there are others let me know and I'll rescind this; unless you are adding your voice to mine on this issue.

Please, Please ArenaNet, make this skill fail to fire until it is within range. It is so frustrating that other skills will just ignore the button press when out of range (that need target), but this one which means movement and a clone generation. I forget about this skill and using it due to this complete unreliability.

@Gwydeon.3580 said:Illusionary Leap

This is the only skill, that I am aware will fail and still fire due to distance. If there are others let me know and I'll rescind this; unless you are adding your voice to mine on this issue.

Please, Please ArenaNet, make this skill fail to fire until it is within range. It is so frustrating that other skills will just ignore the button press when out of range (that need target), but this one which means movement and a clone generation. I forget about this skill and using it due to this complete unreliability.

Pretty much all illusion skills that I can think of will fire blanks if used out of range, it's not just iLeap. It seems to be a specific design choice unfortunately.

@Gwydeon.3580 said:Jaunt

I'd really also DEARLY love for them to make the Jaunt fire at its farthest distance in in the direction you are trying to fire it.

Or limit the ground cursor so it won't move beyond the acceptable range (See:League of Legends).

I'm not sure if that's what you mean, but try this:Options -> General Options -> Combat/Movement -> Lock Ground Target at Maximum Skill Range

I'd really also DEARLY love for them to make the Jaunt fire at its farthest distance in in the direction you are trying to fire it.

Or limit the ground cursor so it won't move beyond the acceptable range (See:League of Legends).

Do what bart said. It makes Jaunt much easier to use as it gives you the option for ground targeting for accurate ports in close range, and giving you the ability to simply point the cursor in the direction you want for max distance jaunt.

@Miroe.2054 said:

@Gwydeon.3580 said:Please, Please ArenaNet, make this skill fail to fire until it is within range.

Wouldn't this kill the skill as a mobility option when out of combat?

Illusionary Leap is Sword 3. Pretty sure you confused it with sword ambush (Mirage Thrust).

@ovinnik.9216 said:What I wouldn't give for a block on Sword#3 and a reliable movement skill that doesn't summon anything on Sword#4...

block on sword 3 would be over the top of survivability, while i agree that i hate it going on cooldown, cause u started casting at 650 units range. As a "new" Player it's still hard for me to figure out ranges in a real 3D enviroment.

@ovinnik.9216 said:What I wouldn't give for a block on Sword#3 and a reliable movement skill that doesn't summon anything on Sword#4...Funny thing, this is why I have moved on to simply using the scepter in WvW - you got a block. Even on a pure power build. Everytime I try the axe I get annoyed by #2 delay and #3 range randomness, everytime I try sword I get annoyed by broken #3 and the #1 rng-leap-of-win-or-death. The stationary swipe has never impressed me, I think its a badly designed skill on a mobile class so not even that is an incentive for me to use the sword. The scepter is just... fine, I guess.

The silly thing with the sword is that they already got weapon teleports working on thieves. Why they havent just copied that skill - projectile tp on target and leave a clone where you where - I will never understand.

@Dawdler.8521 said:The silly thing with the sword is that they already got weapon teleports working on thieves. Why they havent just copied that skill - projectile tp on target and leave a clone where you where - I will never understand.

Not sure what you mean here, are you talking about sword ambush? That skill works just fine and is intentionally not a teleport. If you're talking about sword 3, then...yeah, the thief sword port is pretty much unambiguously better. It used to be that iLeap had the bonuses of a double leap finisher and being able to use the clone's last living location to port to for some interesting mind games. Now it's just a normal teleport/immob that fails sometimes if there's too much damage pressure.

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:The silly thing with the sword is that they already got weapon teleports working on thieves. Why they havent just copied that skill - projectile tp on target and leave a clone where you where - I will never understand.

Not sure what you mean here, are you talking about sword ambush? That skill works just fine and is intentionally not a teleport. If you're talking about sword 3, then...yeah, the thief sword port is pretty much unambiguously better. It used to be that iLeap had the bonuses of a double leap finisher and being able to use the clone's last living location to port to for some interesting mind games. Now it's just a normal teleport/immob that fails sometimes if there's too much damage pressure.I meant ileap of course. They should made it like the thief dagger/pistol tp (cant remember name), just that poop out a clone.

The ambush leap work fine technically yes, but in practice you are still spamming 1 when trying to dodge away from that 50 man zerg your targetted enemy is in the middle of... so... yeah...

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

Not sure what you mean here, are you talking about sword ambush? That skill works just fine and is intentionally not a teleport. If you're talking about sword 3, then...yeah, the thief sword port is pretty much unambiguously better. It used to be that iLeap had the bonuses of a double leap finisher and being able to use the clone's last living location to port to for some interesting mind games. Now it's just a normal teleport/immob that fails sometimes if there's too much damage pressure.I meant ileap of course. They should made it like the thief dagger/pistol tp (cant remember name), just that poop out a clone.

The ambush leap work fine technically yes, but in practice you are still spamming 1 when trying to dodge away from that 50 man zerg your targetted enemy is in the middle of... so... yeah...

Eh, de-targeting and leap mechanics is something normal that you'll get used to. The reason it feels so weird is this is literally the first skill in the game that mesmer gets that can behave as a leap that way.

can't you just set this in your ground targeting settings or was this sarcastic i can't tell

Archived