Can we buff plaguelands?

Melian.5368

This skill is ridiculously underpowered as an elite, especially in WvW. 

Can we make it ground target, 360 radius, make it pulse 5 seconds instead of 10 but deliver conditions 2 at a time (1 damaging+1 debilitating) and for the love of god the condition damages right now are absolutely ridiculously low. With full trailblazer gear and malign infusions, 1st pulse is burning for 11 and half seconds, for a total of 1381 damage. LOL. Other conditions are much worse. And this skill has 120 second cooldown. Double LOL.

Anet, please.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

While it not being a ground-targetted skill like wells can certainly be seen as a bummer, Plaguelands is the strongest elite skill for condition based necromancers that aim for damage over utility. Full trailblazer's should get you way more than 11.5 seconds of bleed from the first pulse on. More like 15 seconds for >2.4k on each of its pulses. It's an offensive area denial skill for those that have their boon denial covered by non-elite skills and/or traits.

(Here's the build I'd be referring to: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAsiZlVwEZfsMGJWsTureA-zVJYkR3fpkToEbCmcE0RRJ8BIc/aUw0GA-w )

• Like 1

Some skills just won't be good in WvW due to the much larger area fights can occour in.  It's got nothing to do with the power level of the skills.  Plaguelands could deal several billion damage each on later pulses and it would barely make a difference to its effectiveness in WvW.

Different game modes will inherently have different skill qualities that make them "good."  Corrupt Boon is awful in PvE, but decent in PvP, for example.

Plaguelands doesn't need a buff.  It just inherently is a poor fit for a game mode with lots of space and intelligent opponents.  It does great damage when taking on tower/keep lords, though.

Edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I will admit I haven't tested it before posting this thread, but the tooltip should do better by saying each pulse also applies all the conditions before it. Then it seems decent, but I'd still like to see it 600 range ground targeted 360 radius on a 90 sec cooldown. 

On 8/6/2022 at 9:29 AM, Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

Different game modes will inherently have different skill qualities that make them "good."  Corrupt Boon is awful in PvE, but decent in PvP, for example.

Just as a little sidenote, Corrupt Boon is actually quite decent in PvE as long as you use Master of Corruption for the extra condi's on yourself. it also has a pretty short cd 😃

• 1 month later...

it used to be good in all aspects but then some ( i want to say something bad here but i wont) at anet  thought it would be better being stationary. now its almost useless. when it was the old version once you used it you could win. everything ran away from it. or tried to. now its garbage.

Imho, changing the spectral ring would be singular greatest buff to plaguelands.
Simply make the ring fear targets away from it's walls. A target inside the ring would get locked in. Target outside locked out.
Well that and add chill or at least a cripple to affected targets so they don't happily run outta it because of ring's own fear cooldown.

• 2 weeks later...