Ditch Electric Fence; Give Us Dragon Shield!

CalmTheStorm.2364

Problem 1:  Electric Fence absolutely sucks.  In every game mode.  Full stop.

Problem 2:  Bladesworn lacks non-shout forms of defense/sustain

Solution:  Replace Electric Fence with...

Dragon Shield:

Block the next 3 attacks (4s duration).

Ammo: 2

Cooldown: 60s/charge

This is intended to be a copy of Guardian's Shield of Wrath (Focus 5), just without the explosion at the end if the shield is not consumed.  I recommend lifting the animation wholesale and applying it here.  It's a form of active defense, and one that synergizes with the ammo theme of the spec and Tactical Reload.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Probably needs something if it doesn’t trigger all 3 blocks or does trigger all 3 blocks. Something like;

After blocking the third attack, shields detonates as an explosion skill, dealing knocking back nearby foes.

or; After the duration, consume remaining blocks, gaining boon (stability, protection, might, whatever) for each stack. 

thoughts?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Problem 1:  Electric Fence absolutely sucks.  In every game mode.  Full stop.

Problem 2:  Bladesworn lacks non-shout forms of defense/sustain

Solution:  Replace Electric Fence with...

Dragon Shield:

Block the next 3 attacks (4s duration).

Ammo: 2

Cooldown: 60s/charge

This is intended to be a copy of Guardian's Shield of Wrath (Focus 5), just without the explosion at the end if the shield is not consumed.  I recommend lifting the animation wholesale and applying it here.  It's a form of active defense, and one that synergizes with the ammo theme of the spec and Tactical Reload.

I think turning Electric Fence into a block itself would solve this. A full block, as in if the fence is between you and the other person it blocks the attack for the duration of the fence. This could be turned into a reflect with a  trait.

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I think turning Electric Fence into a block itself would solve this. A full block, as in if the fence is between you and the other person it blocks the attack for the duration of the fence. This could be turned into a reflect with a  trait.

That would be incredibly clunky to use, and it would only realistically work with ranged attacks anyways (would be very hard to put the fence between you and your opponent if he's already in your face)--at which point EF does pretty much the same thing it already does. 

No, when you're being attacked, you need an immediate countermeasure, and one that you don't need to position perfectly to make it work. Dragon Shield, as I've envisioned it, would be that immediate, reactive defense.

If you wanted to turn EF into a hard barrier, like line of warding, that could also work. It would be more niche, but still useful. 

I'd be content with BsW if it actually functioned like an engi. Like a Holo. Where the Armaments ate actually buffers to the BsW and offer something unique. 

Aka, Flow Stabilizer still having Stability and fury, this suggestion on a non-cast time block, removal of dragonspike mine for a non-dodge affiliated dragon trigger recharge skill (worst skill ever after the change for the PvE crowd) and Tactical reload, reloading armaments only. 

Overcharge Cartriges are too clunky outside of PvE and offer nothing. Why not make them no-cast dmg buffers that can end quickly for an effect like now, but better? 

Ill play Holo a thousand times with Exceed skills than BsW with Armaments and no rune for the spec. 

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Probably needs something if it doesn’t trigger all 3 blocks or does trigger all 3 blocks. Something like;

After blocking the third attack, shields detonates as an explosion skill, dealing knocking back nearby foes.

or; After the duration, consume remaining blocks, gaining boon (stability, protection, might, whatever) for each stack. 

thoughts?

Yeah, some bonus if the blocks weren't consumed would be nice. I was worried that would be OP, esp since it's an ammo skill. Also, Guardian's Shield of Wrath had a 35s CD, and I didn't want an ammo version to have a 75s CD or something ridiculous (looking at you, Shake It Off). But if you could make something that gives blocks on demand with a potential boon or effect if the blocks aren't used that has a reasonable CD, that would be ideal.