Alliances are a waste of time and resources

Bast.7253

On 2/24/2023 at 10:14 PM, Kozumi.5816 said:

BG's are the most popular PvP game mode in WoW, and more popular than PvE. (source: lead PvP dev of WoW)

I'd like to have Battlegrounds, even rated battlegrounds, if only to get the boon ball dinkledorks out of wvw and into their own instances to fight each other, like raids are for pve, but knowing them they'll just complain, like they did for 4 different arenas, and go back to wvw to farm pugs anyways.

Alterac valley was a fun bg, and wvw is basically a super sized version of it which is why I love it so much. BG's are the only thing I miss from WoW. 🤷‍♂️

On 2/25/2023 at 8:49 PM, Denver.4621 said:

the mod iesn't released yet , this guy complain before the mod is even out , interesting.

In fact, we don't know the project in its entirety, and Anet was clever not to divulge anything more than a generic concept. Then just have to wait.

What we do know is that this year was the reward update we just received. The next beta will only be there when they can add alliance, and not the year mentioned for 2023. So the next beta will be in 2024. Mine does not want to be a controversy, because for a demanding job that has chosen Anet it is normal to put all the necessary time.

Are you sure that in the meantime we do not want to change the control of transfers? We do not want to merge 4 medium servers to get 2 high in Europe, so we can finally apply the full status also to BB, so all servers will be treated the same way in EU? And will everyone play with a link?

3 hours ago, Kassablanca.5821 said:

alliance wont change the fact its still the same game mode, ppl who left this game is not going to come back for alliance.  We need new maps with new game modes like bring back the orbs, vehicle combat, aircraft combat, ship combat,  pugg mode, etc.

I would agree with the spirit of your message, but not necessarily the delivery.

The 2021 hype and first few betas clearly proved that people who left were comming back. It is just that almost 2 years- and 6 betas later, ArenaNet have squandered that resurgence, with recent betas having both fewer and smaller groups forming (including players who still play, who are less motivated to form beta groups for the betas as they've turned into something like an event more than any actual ongoing or continuing development from the player-perspective side of things: whether progression or iteration). We don't know if it will bring players back again (when there is concrete progress shown or when/if run less disjointed), but the first few betas did, so you shouldn't be so convinced that it won't - whether we talk about hype/content or just the better infrastructure being able to appeal and bring players in from the outside.

However, you are 100% correct that Alliances alone will neither "save WvW" nore change WvW into something wildly different. It isn't really meant to do that either, not in any direct sense at least. Exciting vehicle combat or other large physics-to-design type of updates are rather unlikely given what they've seen capable of- and commited to the past 10 years. A clear vision and more systematic approach to how they handle maps is more feasible though, and a rather good thing to take aim at after Alliances have launched.

Edited by subversiontwo.7501
  • Like 2