Anyone ever experience a Mega-guild meltdown & is it avoidable?

Diku.2546

Hey everyone,

Since Alliances is moving forward . . . it would be wise to discuss topics like this before it happen, or we risk not only losing a Mega-guild, but the whole WvW game mode that will have its foundation based on Mega-guilds.

Mega-guilds in my opinion typically have 500+ active members in a guild, or a series of linked guilds in a parent-child relationship.

Just sharing my personal experience that hopefully can help other guild leaders think carefully on how to prevent or reduce the collateral damage that this kind of incendiary event brings to your Mega-guild. 

Be prepared . . . because It happens fast & furious . . . and you'll be left crying to pickup the pieces of your Mega-guild in the ashes of the aftermath.

Meltdowns usually can be traced back to 2 major things . . . imho

1)  Power struggle to control the parent guild.

2)  "Stealing" members from the parent guild by officers of child guild(s).

I'm not sure if it's avoidable . . . given enough time & if a bad apple with a secret agenda gets into your Mega-guild.

If you have a solution . . . please feel free to share it with others here to learn from it.

Or, consider sharing what you've experienced as a warning on what to look out for.

If you're a Mega-guild leader . . . I hope you never have to go through this heart-breaking experience.

Yours truly,
Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

#ToldYouSo

Edited by Diku.2546
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

In the 10 years I've played this Game/Game mode, there was drama from the very  early months on my original Server, between the amount of  Active players and Guilds in WvW. So it seems only natural to have internal issues among a Server or potential Alliance, but things worked out okay eventually, apart from the time they brought in Server Linkings, which created even more issues.

Edited by CrimsonNeon.6712

the power struggle, the different factions, the competition between different groups is the most fun part, I would say that it is the salt that puts the flavor to everything. the saddest part is that you could be a member of that alliance competing with the others, you could be in a good position in the standings and then see that alliance melt like snow in the sun, and find yourself on the street. but how after all that defense after all that commitment you canceled the alliance? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

the power struggle, the different factions, the competition between different groups is the most fun part, I would say that it is the salt that puts the flavor to everything. the saddest part is that you could be a member of that alliance competing with the others, you could be in a good position in the standings and then see that alliance melt like snow in the sun, and find yourself on the street. but how after all that defense after all that commitment you canceled the alliance? 

Haiku reply - 5-7-5

Careful what you wish
A heart-attack can kill you
Too much salt is bad

Appreciate your feedback & hope you find this entertaining in a positive way.

Yours truly,
Diku
Credibility requires critical insight & time.

Edited by Diku.2546
  • Haha 2