Guild Wars 2 is coming to Steam on Aug 23!

11 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

🤔 Trying to imagine Anet Dev's on a forum...

I assume it will be like Taketwo games, they seem to heavily moderate the steam forums for their game in the first couple of weeks (at least the couple that i've noticed), and then back off once the initial burst of activity is gone.

ANet does like control though, so it should be interesting. They definitely won't be chatting with people lol

5 hours ago, Bealis.6023 said:

I really like the prospect of many new players.😉 I just hope that Mesmers wont cause chaos with their portals, that would leave a bad impression. My second worry is that some people will surely try to make an alt account (since the Steam version will apparently have different account creation), hopefully it wont cause issues along the line and will be treated to prevent exploits.🤔

I'm not sure how this would be a problem.  People make multiple accounts already, both free and paid.  They're only supposed to use one of them for the forums, but in the game itself they can account hop all they like (just can't multibox control several characters at once with the same input).

• Like 1