Corona Burst Change

Fwog.9387

Mostly pointless thread. I just wanted to mock how much of a nothing change this is. Maybe i am wrong, maybe this is exactly what holosmith needs and i am just not smart enough to understand but...

Corona Burst: (PvE only) Might stacks per pulse reduced from 2 to 1, but they are now applied to up to 5 nearby allied targets.

You can put out 1 might... every 6 seconds...! But only in holo mode... and its actually somehow worse than frost spirit for might gen... and you could have just blasted might... or let the supports do their thing... 
I legit want to pick the brain of the dev who made this change to understand why even? This change does nothing. 

55 minutes ago, Fwog.9387 said:

You can put out 1 might... every 6 seconds...! But only in holo mode...

?

It's 1 might per pulse, Corona Burst gives 5 pulses of Might, so it's basically 8 seconds of 5 might party wide per corona burst use.

Self might got nerfed but it's good that you can contribute might to your sub, alongside Rifle2 you can pretty much provide perma 5 might on your sub.

If that is the case fair enough. I figured it would be another frost spirit where anet puts another pointless might provider into the game just so they can show they did something for a paycheck. 5 might per 6 is better, not sure how necessary it is but better. Between the Firebrand / Mechanist or Rev you should really always be might stacked already. But i concede. 

This change is dumb. Holo is already living in the shadow of PMech, and now it's burst in content like Fractals, at least for pugs, will be worse because self might gen will be down a fair bit.
In Strikes and raids it's gonna be a non-issue cause everyone is stacking and incidental might sharing just happens.
They could have kept the Might at 2 stacks per pulse but only allowed 1 stack per pulse to affect allies and this change would have been a net positive. It did not NEED to be a trade off... smh.

Edited by Doomrider.6872
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

This seems incredibly misdirected to me.

Are they going to replace Crystal Configuration: Storm with a trait that grants alacrity to nearby allies for every 20 heat lost next?

Holo is by design a selfish spec, making it give Might to people and reducing self Might is going to do absolutely nothing for its viability in group content.

11 hours ago, Doomrider.6872 said:

They could have kept the Might at 2 stacks per pulse but only allowed 1 stack per pulse to affect allies and this change would have been a net positive. It did not NEED to be a trade off... smh.

Also this, Holo is already not in a great spot. This is the Fencer's Finesse treatment all the way again, nerfing a class for OW in exchange for group boons the class never needed nor any player ever asked for.

• Like 2

A good change for random open world group content.

A net neutral for group content.

A minor nerf to solo open world content.

I think they should reduce the duration and bring it back to 2 stacks.

On 8/18/2022 at 12:11 AM, Endaris.1452 said:

Are they going to replace Crystal Configuration: Storm with a trait that grants alacrity to nearby allies for every 20 heat lost next?

Holo is by design a selfish spec, making it give Might to people and reducing self Might is going to do absolutely nothing for its viability in group content.

Also this, Holo is already not in a great spot. This is the Fencer's Finesse treatment all the way again, nerfing a class for OW in exchange for group boons the class never needed nor any player ever asked for.

The content that Holo is truly not in a great spot in won't notice this change. Like, at all.

This is an annoying nerf to open world holo, but those builds are good enough to not be bothered by this.

Edited by lorddarkflare.9186

Going to be frank. Doesn't make sense and I don't believe that there's ever been a situation where any group in existence wished that the Holo could provide (of all the boons out there) 5 stacks of might to support the group. If you want to make this skill useful in a group, make it steal 1 or 2 boon(s) from nearby foes and on the final tick blast out damage in an area according to how many boons the Holosmith has.

If you're bringing a Holosmith, it's for damage, not to share the most common place boon to the rest of the part. Might is like jasmine rice. We don't need more rice spread around when everyone, their pet and their automaton's already got rice soup.

I'm also sceptical about that change. Holo has never been a class that shares boon and what Anet is trying to do is nerf holo's self might generation to slightly share its might with others. And let's be honest for a moment, might is arguably the most common boon you find on the market and your healer/support will most likely be providing you with might anyway. I cant really say I like that change.

On 8/17/2022 at 9:11 PM, Endaris.1452 said:

They did say months ago they wanted to do away with selfish builds. Everyone is supposed to have boon support in some capacity. Though i kinda figured the fury / might from the core trees was what they meant. At least in the context of engie.